By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

Personally I just want Microsoft and Nintendo to both release it. I'd buy it on both consoles, lol.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Why would you want to use a classic controller? If done like the latest COD or Conduit, the Wiimote nunchuk would make it a perfect game.

Quote for truth, but it's got to have the multiplayer. That was a hallmark of Goldeneye on the 64.

Hey I'd buy it if it's true! Doubt it is though.. E3 in a week and a half so we'll know soon enough :)

superchunk said:

Why would you want to use a classic controller? If done like the latest COD or Conduit, the Wiimote nunchuk would make it a perfect game.

That's true, I didn't even think twice when I saw the classic controller in the post.  I would want this game to be controlled with the IR pointer and Nunchuck.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

OMG :O that golden classic controller.....

I would buy it, w/o even thinking about it.

Hope it's real.... but I wont get my hopes high =(

Around the Network

It would be Muti-platform if anything, I cant see Microsoft giving up what rights they have to the Goldeneye game though Rare without them getting something out of it too.

And if Activision is making the game you know they'll try to get every cent they can out of it so it'd be Wii, Xbox360 and maybe PS3 even.

Garnett said:

Why cant MS and Nintendo just work together?

I don't know legally what Activision would have to do to release a remake but I don't think Microsoft or Rare would need to sign off on it. Why?

Well simple I know PerfectDark was re-released on the 360 X-Box Live. But thats not all inside PerfectDark's remake were the 007 GoldenEye multiplayer maps. So essentially Rare remade the levels and without EA or Nintendo's permission put the levels on PerfectDark and they were able to do so legally.

So what does that mean? If Activision remakes the levels brick for brick with none of the origional product remaining. Then the product would be considered an origional work of art. If Activision changed the title from GoldenEye or maybe gave it a new name like GoldenEye:Resurrection.

Then I think because Activision owns the GoldenEye liscense and because the remake borrowed none of the origional code from Rare or Microsoft. Then legally Activision would have the right to release the title since they own all the rights via liscensing agreement.

If I have it wrong please point it out!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I cannot believe it but it would be great!

Confirmed by Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

So,Goldeneye for Wii AND for DS.

So,Live Arcade version will be DS version with AA filter and Live implemented. :D