By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

Eurogamer says that  Activision is working on a James Bond: GoldenEye title for Wii and DS, that should be released this November. They also state that it is being developed by Eurocom and n-Space. It is not know for certain if it is a remake of the N64 game.

Original news from GoNintendo:

This information was sent in by an anonymous source, and the pictures below are said to come from a survey that is floating around.

I didn't know what to make of the email, but I thought I'd at least pass it onto you guys. What do you think...is the survey the real deal, or is this just the hope of a fan? We know that Activision is doing something with the GoldenEye name, but could this be it?

Around the Network

Just saw this on GoNintendo myself.

This could be very interesting. The Wii needs a good FPS, and Goldeneye might be the ticket. Of course, a new one would preform better, but at this stage in the game, it just needs to be good and have local multiplayer.

I'd buy it.  I'm not hopefully that this is actually going to happen though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Is it an xbox live title? lol...I can't see a Goldeneye remake keeping the same spirit and going reatil in 2010.

I'd buy it and a Gold Classic Contoller Pro. Hope this is proven true at E3.

Around the Network

Too bad Daniel Craig wasn't really in GoldenEye.  It would have been a better movie.

OT  I'd buy this immediately.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Too bad Daniel Craig wasn't really in GoldenEye.  It would have been a better movie.

I don't know. You sure about that?  Back then Bond had grace and wasn't an inconsiderate dirtbag...

disolitude said:
amp316 said:

I don't know. You sure about that?  Back then Bond had grace and wasn't an inconsiderate dirtbag...

He also broke a nail when he punched someone.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I would buy it too but it totally is fake

Why would you want to use a classic controller? If done like the latest COD or Conduit, the Wiimote nunchuk would make it a perfect game.