By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

ExtremeBrawler said:

Confirmed by Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

So,Goldeneye for Wii AND for DS.

So,Live Arcade version will be DS version with AA filter and Live implemented. :D

whoa whoa whoa, NOVEMBER!!!

damn, i gotta make some choices if this is true. though ill probably just pass this over at first and pick it up later when im done with CoD and Conduit 2. hopefully, if it is true, they will release it in 2011.

Around the Network

I still don't know how this is 100% confirmed, they boxes look kinda fanmade in my op

The golden classic controller pro looks badass.

Doesnt RARE have to approve of this?

If RARE does approve this, MS better shove its foot so far up RARE's ass that avatar clothes come out , why would they allow it when Nintendo was being greedy with the rights...

But it does sound like Activision is gonna milk this series just like CoD and GH.

I don't think Rare has to approve anything as long as the original code wasn't used. I am little surprised that this is a Wii/DS exclusive. I believe Nintendo may have some rights over any game named Goldeneye. Not surprisingly, Patcher is already predicting the project is doomed and it seems he have no clue regarding the rights for the game.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/41291/

Around the Network

@Monte: LoL. That's pure gold. And since Pachter thinks this is doomed to falure, I'll predict it is then destined for success.

This game, if done right can do for Wii, what the original did for N64...funny to hear him believe GE was a 'hardcore' game lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Garnett said:

If RARE does approve this, MS better shove its foot so far up RARE's ass that avatar clothes come out , why would they allow it when Nintendo was being greedy with the rights...

But it does sound like Activision is gonna milk this series just like CoD and GH.

No, the Bond IP does not belong to Rare. Activision has the license to develop bond games similar to Ubisoft having the rights to develop Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. Ubisoft also remade one of Konami's classic games,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, with out Konami's permission. Remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled for the XBLA and the PSN.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
Garnett said:

No, the Bond IP does not belong to Rare. Activision has the license to develop bond games similar to Ubisoft having the rights to develop Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. Ubisoft also remade one of Konami's classic games,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, with out Konami's permission. Remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled for the XBLA and the PSN.

Konami signed off on that btw.

Most speculation is that Rare just didn't retain rights over GE's code in the split, just like they didn't over games with Nintendo licenses (DKC, DKR, SFA, etc).  Rare only kept code and properties to original titles (Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct, Conker, etc) or games of theirs that pre-existed the Nintendo partnership (Sabrewulf, Battletoads, JetPac, etc).

Monteblanco said:

I don't think Rare has to approve anything as long as the original code wasn't used. I am little surprised that this is a Wii/DS exclusive. I believe Nintendo may have some rights over any game named Goldeneye. Not surprisingly, Patcher is already predicting the project is doomed and it seems he have no clue regarding the rights for the game.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/41291/

That's wild. He already predicted it is gonna flop and we don't even know if it is truly coming out yet.

This guy...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Where can we pre-order it? :P