By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

if it was from EA it could be good but activision cant do a good james bond

even tho its made from the creator of the blue cartridge bond game

PS :not good like goldeneye but it sure was a good game

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

So...this is pretty much a generic FPS with the Goldeneye title and locations slapped on?

This doesn't scream cash-in at all!

First of all, if they are overhauling the graphics of those locations, it's a bit more effort than that term implies.

Second of all, that term is stupid, since any major game that isn't for cash is a slap in the face to basic economics.

Third of all, I do understand this game isn't a guaranteed success regardless.

Maybe I'm missing something, what does this have to do with Goldeneye other than the name and location names?

How I read it, they're going to be the same location names but they're going to be redesigned.

twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

So...this is pretty much a generic FPS with the Goldeneye title and locations slapped on?

First of all, if they are overhauling the graphics of those locations, it's a bit more effort than that term implies.

Second of all, that term is stupid, since any major game that isn't for cash is a slap in the face to basic economics.

Maybe I'm missing something, what does this have to do with Goldeneye other than the name and location names?

How I read it, they're going to be the same location names but they're going to be redesigned.

Calling it a "cash-in", as though making a game for money is bad. The fallacy is that assumes that nothing good comes out of things done solely for money (and for some people assuming nothing bad comes out of not doing it for the money). Super Smash Bros was a cash-in game. It wasn't even going to be localized due to its small budget.

As for the locations, I'm waiting on what they are doing, since this still isn't official.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

Calling it a "cash-in", as though making a game for money is bad. The fallacy is that assumes that nothing good comes out of things done solely for money (and for some people assuming nothing bad comes out of not doing it for the money). Super Smash Bros was a cash-in game. It wasn't even going to be localized due to its small budget.

As for the locations, I'm waiting on what they are doing, since this still isn't official.

Making a game for money isn't bad, making a bad game to make money is bad.

Considering it's Activision and they're only keeping the name, to me that just implies cash-in.  It appears as though they only really care about the name...how does that not scream exploiting the property (is that term better)?

It could be a good game, we'll see, but right now it looks like they're trying to make some easy money off a popular game.

twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

Making a game for money isn't bad, making a bad game to make money is bad.

Considering it's Activision and they're only keeping the name, to me that just implies cash-in.  It appears as though they only really care about the name...how does that not scream exploiting the property (is that term better)?

It could be a good game, we'll see, but right now it looks like they're trying to make some easy money off a popular game.

Putting it that way is fine. I'm just tired of this "How dare they care about money when they make a game!" mentality, especially since it also goes with the mentality that games that spend more money are more worthwhile than those that cost less.

Yet I understand "Just because it's for the money is no excuse for not caring about quality or treating the costumers with respect."

The way you put it at first could have gone either way, but you just clarified it's the latter.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
jarrod said:
patjuan32 said:
Garnett said:

Doesnt RARE have to approve of this?

If RARE does approve this, MS better shove its foot so far up RARE's ass that avatar clothes come out , why would they allow it when Nintendo was being greedy with the rights...

But it does sound like Activision is gonna milk this series just like CoD and GH.

No, the Bond IP does not belong to Rare. Activision has the license to develop bond games similar to Ubisoft having the rights to develop Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. Ubisoft also remade one of Konami's classic games,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, with out Konami's permission. Remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled for the XBLA and the PSN.

Konami signed off on that btw.

Most speculation is that Rare just didn't retain rights over GE's code in the split, just like they didn't over games with Nintendo licenses (DKC, DKR, SFA, etc).  Rare only kept code and properties to original titles (Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct, Conker, etc) or games of theirs that pre-existed the Nintendo partnership (Sabrewulf, Battletoads, JetPac, etc).

But then why did Goldeneye levels end up in Perfect Dark. A Microsoft representative even stated this as a selling point for the Release of Perfect Dark on the XBLA.

Also, cany you find me a link that says Konami signed off on the Remake. I do not believe they did since they do not have the rights to the game.

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2010/02/19/perfect-dark-xbla-will-keep-goldeneye-maps/

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ms_confirms_goldeneye_maps_for_perfect_dark.html

http://retro.nintendolife.com/news/2010/02/xbla_perfect_dark_getting_goldeneye_maps_and_weapons

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
jarrod said:
patjuan32 said:
Garnett said:

Doesnt RARE have to approve of this?

If RARE does approve this, MS better shove its foot so far up RARE's ass that avatar clothes come out , why would they allow it when Nintendo was being greedy with the rights...

But it does sound like Activision is gonna milk this series just like CoD and GH.

No, the Bond IP does not belong to Rare. Activision has the license to develop bond games similar to Ubisoft having the rights to develop Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. Ubisoft also remade one of Konami's classic games,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, with out Konami's permission. Remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled for the XBLA and the PSN.

Konami signed off on that btw.

Most speculation is that Rare just didn't retain rights over GE's code in the split, just like they didn't over games with Nintendo licenses (DKC, DKR, SFA, etc).  Rare only kept code and properties to original titles (Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct, Conker, etc) or games of theirs that pre-existed the Nintendo partnership (Sabrewulf, Battletoads, JetPac, etc).

But then why did Goldeneye levels end up in Perfect Dark. A Microsoft representative even stated this as a selling point for the Release of Perfect Dark on the XBLA.

Because those levels were in the original PD, and Nintendo still has a decent working relationship with Rare.  They had an amicable split, had Nintendo wanted they could've held on to more honestly...

patjuan32 said:

Also, cany you find me a link that says Konami signed off on the Remake. I do not believe they did since they do not have the rights to the game.

It's in the credits.  "Original game" is copyrighted to Konami and licensed by Ubisoft.

Hey this story's already been updated with some more bonus rumors about who's developing it.  It's been our hottest story for 2 days straight now if you haven't seen it yet:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/80275/goldeneye-remake-for-wii-and-ds-leaked-by-activision/

And Pachter's already begun the butthurt backlash, saying the sales will be "underwhelming" and that it would be more successful on the 360.  Hahahaha.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/80300/pachter-goldeneye-wii-sales-will-be-disappointing/

The actual team behind the original isn't at Rare anyway.  All the GoldenEye guys quit and and made the TimeSplitters games.  If Rare made this it would be just as weird and crazy, without any of the original talent behind this masterpiece.  And Rare's too busy with something for Natal.  But the whole point of GoldenEye was to usher in 4-player FPS parties on a home console.  GoldenEye was right up there with Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, Bomberman 64, and the original Mario Parties, as the best 4-player party games on the N64.  If this game uses a new Wii Zapper AND a new classic controller, and uses both control schemes well, and brings back the fun 4-player local party time spirit of the original, it wins.  8 player online doesn't hurt either.

TX109 said:
ExtremeBrawler said:

Confirmed by Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

So,Goldeneye for Wii AND for DS.

So,Live Arcade version will be DS version with AA filter and Live implemented. :D

whoa whoa whoa, NOVEMBER!!!

damn, i gotta make some choices if this is true. though ill probably just pass this over at first and pick it up later when im done with CoD and Conduit 2. hopefully, if it is true, they will release it in 2011.

Was thinking the same thing bout Conduit 2 and CoD :P

Don't think that Activision will want to release an FPS too close to two high profile wii shooters so yeah it probably will release in 2011.

And for anyone doubting the existance of this game, the information  was LEAKED, NOT RUMOURED

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *