By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Activision's GoldenEye title a remake of the N64 classic

Well color me pink.......

Around the Network

Pierce Brosnan was a good Bond, but he had terrible scripts to work with. He could've been right under Connery, but Die Another Day was especially terrible.

Goldeneye...I can't imagine this being real. We'll see.....in 9 days!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Arius Dion said:

If this is in fact true, I can't wait for the backlash on this from gaming press and fanatics about how this sucks lol.

The backlash is already here.

Though the joystiq writer seemed to not care about platform choice, there's a lot of butthurt seen here

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/05/report-new-goldeneye-coming-in-november-to-be-revealed-at-e3/#comments

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Arius Dion said:

If this is in fact true, I can't wait for the backlash on this from gaming press and fanatics about how this sucks lol.

The backlash is already here.

Though the joystiq writer seemed to not care about platform choice, there's a lot of butthurt seen here

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/05/report-new-goldeneye-coming-in-november-to-be-revealed-at-e3/#comments

Thanks, Khan...That's so pathetic...and entertaining at the same time ; )

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

sweet, never played goldeneye myself but I hear it's good, and hopefully these are true remakes!

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Around the Network

So...this is pretty much a generic FPS with the Goldeneye title and locations slapped on?

This doesn't scream cash-in at all!

SaviorX said:

Pierce Brosnan was a good Bond, but he had terrible scripts to work with. He could've been right under Connery, but Die Another Day was especially terrible.

Goldeneye...I can't imagine this being real. We'll see.....in 9 days!

Golden Eye was an excellent Bond movie but you're right his others sucked but only because of the scripts not Pierce.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

twesterm said:

So...this is pretty much a generic FPS with the Goldeneye title and locations slapped on?

This doesn't scream cash-in at all!

First of all, if they are overhauling the graphics of those locations, it's a bit more effort than that term implies.

Second of all, that term is stupid, since any major game that isn't for cash is a slap in the face to basic economics.

Third of all, I do understand this game isn't a guaranteed success regardless.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

when i was 15 i liked GoldenEye, now that i'm 24 i couldn't rlly care, there are much better FPS games out there. It will be hard for me to care at all. Good luck Activision, you made the wrong console choice in my opinion. Anyways hope i'm proven wrong and it sells. Also, the gold classic controls is horrible, as is the box art, and the fake gun .. ewww..

"you made the wrong console choice in my opinion"

If the game doesn't work out, that would be the team making it so, not the system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs