By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales ADJUSTED - Top Selling Console RPG Of the gen YAY!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age and Fallout3 were way better than FFXIII and Lost Odyssey was and still is actually on par with FFXIII. FF Survives on name value but the sales based on stature are well deserved. It means people still believe in SE. Lets hope Versus is better than expected.

Mass effect 2 wasn't as good as FF13 & Dragon Age was far worse IMO. Fallout 3 is tied with FF13 for me.
So stop talking like your opinion = fact.
Saying it got sales just on stature is short sighted considering its showing great legs this far in.

The legs on xbox 360 are better than Mass effect 2's...a console where JRPG's have floundered. 

Your post reeks of bitterness.

@Darthdevidem01

So you generalise my statement here from other threads, don't use the strawman argument on me it won't work well for you. What I have said here should be seen as what I'm saying now not what I've said in the past or in some other threads.

Around the Network

^ Thanks Xbox Man, you saved me the time of writing up a response to S.T.A.G.E.

The Xbox Man said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age and Fallout3 were way better than FFXIII and Lost Odyssey was and still is actually on par with FFXIII. FF Survives on name value but the sales based on stature are well deserved. It means people still believe in SE. Lets hope Versus is better than expected.

Mass effect 2 wasn't as good as FF13 & Dragon Age was far worse IMO. Fallout 3 is tied with FF13 for me.
Saying it got sales just on stature is short sighted considering its showing great legs this far in.

The legs on xbox 360 are better than Mass effect 2's...a console where JRPG's have floundered. 

@Darthdevidem01

So you generalise my statement here from other threads, don't use the strawman argument on me it won't work well for you. What I have said here should be seen as what I'm saying now not what I've said in the past or in some other threads.

What bitterness do you speak of? I have both games (lol). I stated the FF sales is based solely upon its name these days and for that it deserves it because SE still managed to satisfy some. Others are a different story. Mass Effect 2 was superior to FF in every sence of an RPG and the story was gripping as well. All of those stories were better. This isn't discounting the fact that FFXIII was a good game, because it was however linear it was. I am just holding to hope that Versus will be better.

P.S.

It's not like I paid for the game either. I did some videogame concept work for a friend and he gave it to me as a bonus to paying me because he didn't want it before and knew I was somewhat of a FF fan (well.....FF 10 and before).

The Xbox Man said:

Examine your statement carefully and you might see the irony.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox Man said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

@Darthdevidem01

What bitterness do you speak of? I have both games (lol). I stated the FF sales is based solely upon its name these days and for that it deserves it because SE still managed to satisfy some. Others are a different story. Mass Effect 2 was superior to FF in every sence of an RPG and the story was gripping as well. All of those stories were better. This isn't discounting the fact that FFXIII was a good game, because it was however linear it was. I am just holding to hope that Versus will be better.

P.S.

It's not like I paid for the game either. I did some videogame concept work for a friend and he gave it to me as a bonus to paying me because he didn't want it before and knew I was somewhat of a FF fan (well.....FF 10 and before).

This is humorous. You've been hating on Final Fantasy XIII since as long as I can remember.

I'm not replying to each of your posts saying "I disagree! Final Fantasy XIII was much better than Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect! Consumers were just relying on their pedigree (speaking of Bioware and Bethesda), etc."

Statements like those and yours are useless would be considered trolling by most.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
burning_phoneix said:
The Xbox Man said:

Examine your statement carefully and you might see the irony.

HA!

outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox Man said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

@Darthdevidem01

P.S.

This is humorous. You've been hating on Final Fantasy XIII since as long as I can remember.

I'm not replying to each of your posts saying "I disagree! Final Fantasy XIII was much better than Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect! Consumers were just relying on their pedigree (speaking of Bioware and Bethesda), etc."

Statements like those and yours are useless would be considered trolling by most.

I guess you missed the part despite my critique where I congratulated the fact that SE got good sales from the game. Live in your own world.

@outlaw

You don't have to go around calling everyone who was disappointed in FFXIII a "hater." Don't confuse people who loved a game so much but are disappointed in the direction their (once) favorite series has taken as haters. I was let down from shear disappointment. I've played every FF in the main series and loved every single one of them until XII.

The formula changed and I'm not fond of it. When you remove key elements that made great RPGs ( OPEN WORLD EXPLORATION!!!) and have battle systems that run on auto pilot, it's not a role playing game. That is my opinion, irrelevant or not I have the right to it.

... so irrelevant it merited a response from you

If you want to argue more my wall is open. I don't want to come off as derailing this thread.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox Man said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

@Darthdevidem01

P.S.

I guess you missed the part despite my critique where I congratulated the fact that SE got good sales from the game. Live in your own world.

Yeah, and the only reason you think it sold well is because of the brand name, which is just a roundabout way of saying the game deserved to sell much less as you say it's a much worse game than many others already released. Hardly congratulations.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox Man said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

@Darthdevidem01

P.S.

Yeah, and the only reason you think it sold well is because of the brand name, which is just a roundabout way of saying the game deserved to sell much less as you say it's a much worse game than many others already released. Hardly congratulations.

When SE tells the fans that Versus (a side quest) will be superior to the actual Final Fantasy line of games, you know the main game survives on name value and the side game is what will get the most love. Besides....Versus looks like a FFVII rehash in the real world with KH gameplay and I cannot wait. Secondly, you must not have caught up with my bet with Perpride where I admitted it was stupid to bet against FF sales in Japan. I was responding to the fall in the industry and it was also mistaken for FF hate, despite my explanation of where these feelings came from. Last gen I felt that JRPG's were superior....this gen I feel that WRPG's are superior. This isn't because I switch sides, but because I am looking at overall quality. The Final Fantasy series is dwindling and SE is grasping at everything to keep the series alive, throwing FFVII spin-offs at PSP and PS2 owners....Dissidia and more were sheer proof. Versus is the biggest piece of proof. If you don't notice, I don't know what to tell you really. All I can say is I accept the way you feel, but do not attack me wrongfully.