By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales ADJUSTED - Top Selling Console RPG Of the gen YAY!

darthdevidem01 said:
TrevDaRev said:
Havent played FFXIII, but Fallout 3 derserves the crown.

{vomits}

Both Oblivion & FF13 deserve to be double the sales away from Fallout 3 before it infects them with dullness!!! lol

Now Oblivion I have played! I found it very difficult to stay with that game for any serious amount of time, maybe it was down to the fact it took 5.5Gb of HDD from me when I needed it most, it wasn't long before I deleted it from the HDD.

But its definatley one I will have to give a second chance, will be getting a 500Gb HDD soon, so I shall have a go at it again then.

I still stick by what I said; "Havent played FFXIII, but Fallout 3 derserves the crown"

How to do you see New Vegas performing sales wise?

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TrevDaRev said:

{vomits}

Both Oblivion & FF13 deserve to be double the sales away from Fallout 3 before it infects them with dullness!!! lol

Now Oblivion I have played! I found it very difficult to stay with that game for any serious amount of time, maybe it was down to the fact it took 5.5Gb of HDD from me when I needed it most, it wasn't long before I deleted it from the HDD.

But its definatley one I will have to give a second chance, will be getting a 500Gb HDD soon, so I shall have a go at it again then.

I still stick by what I said; "Havent played FFXIII, but Fallout 3 derserves the crown"

Another oblivion hater  

I LOVED oblivion, it was my first Elder Scrolls game & everything except the story was amazing in that game, EVERYTHING!! The Dark brotherhood was amazing! Please give it a second chance. It was the only game I played on PS3 from like April 2007 to the holidays of that year!

So I was obviously looking forward to Fallout 3 but it really bored me on the other hand, too dull & not oblivionlike.

I dunno how New Vegas will perform, the worry is that people might see the title as a spin-off & not buy it in droves. Also with Halo Reach, COD:BO in the holidays it might be harder for it to sell. It'll do really well, but  I don't think it'll get the number Fallout 3 got.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Huge jump in other sales this week. Those are some nice legs. :D

Top 10 according to VGC...

1. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) 4,040,000*
  2. [360] Fable II (Microsoft/Lionhead Studios) 3,590,000*
  3. [360] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2K Games/Bethesda Softworks) 3,270,000
  4. [360] FallOut 3 (Bethesda Softworks) 3,060,000
  5. [Wii] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems) 2,910,000
  6. [360] Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision/Raven Software) 2,470,000*
  7. [360] Mass Effect (Microsoft/Bioware) 2,200,000
  8. [PS3] Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) 2,080,000
  9. [PS3] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda Softworks) 1,820,000
  10. [360] Mass Effect 2 (Electronic Arts/Bioware) 1,730,000
  11. [360] Dragon Age Origins (Electronic Arts/Bioware) 1,590,000

Of course if we throw in handheld consoles...

1. [DS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures Inc) 17,470,000
  2. [DS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures Inc) 7,470,000 
  3. [DS] Pokemon Platinum (Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures Inc) 6,940,00
  4. [DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness (Nintendo/Chunsoft) 4,630,000
  5. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom) 4,560,000
  6. [DS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix/Level-5) 4,310,000
  7. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) 4,040,000*
  8. [360] Fable II (Microsoft/Lionhead Studios) 3,590,000*
  9. [360] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2K Games/Bethesda Softworks) 3,270,000
  10. [DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo/Chunsoft) 3,100,000

*had hardware bundle

darthdevidem01 said:
TrevDaRev said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TrevDaRev said:

{vomits}

Another oblivion hater  

I LOVED oblivion, it was my first Elder Scrolls game & everything except the story was amazing in that game, EVERYTHING!! The Dark brotherhood was amazing! Please give it a second chance. It was the only game I played on PS3 from like April 2007 to the holidays of that year!

So I was obviously looking forward to Fallout 3 but it really bored me on the other hand, too dull & not oblivionlike.

I dunno how New Vegas will perform, the worry is that people might see the title as a spin-off & not buy it in droves. Also with Halo Reach, COD:BO in the holidays it might be harder for it to sell. It'll do really well, but  I don't think it'll get the number Fallout 3 got.

If it wasn't for the fact that Bethesda made Oblivion, it probably wouldn't be getting a second chance. For me Fallout 3 proved what Bethesda are capable of, so it shall get a second chance to impress me..Lol

Thats what I really loved about Fallout 3, that dull, post-apocalyptic, depressing, yet at times extremely uplifting mood it carried throughout the game. I loved the whole storyline in FO3.

It was my first ever RPG game, so I will always think on it very fondly.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines; people thinking its a spin-off. But I'm hoping it does really well for itself.

I for one will be defiantley getting it..

Around the Network

cngratz to it, well deserved, it dus desrve to do bettr sales thn that though.