By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales ADJUSTED - Top Selling Console RPG Of the gen YAY!

The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
This is positive news for the game. The xbox 360 sales are more impressive than PS3 ones, 4 years ago if someone said Final Fantasy would sell over a million on xbox I'd laugh at them haha. Well deserved sales for a amazing game.

Please don't start that here. Why do you always put something like that in your posts on here? It lowers the credibility of your overall post.

I didn't mean to cause an argument, I just think people don't give the xbox 360 versions sales a due here.

But then again Microsoft expected the 360 version to outsell the PS3 one.

OT: Waow I'm so happy about it! I hope it will prove to other developers that there IS a market for JRPGs. You just gotta try at least.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
This is positive news for the game. The xbox 360 sales are more impressive than PS3 ones, 4 years ago if someone said Final Fantasy would sell over a million on xbox I'd laugh at them haha. Well deserved sales for a amazing game.

Please don't start that here. Why do you always put something like that in your posts on here? It lowers the credibility of your overall post.

I didn't mean to cause an argument, I just think people don't give the xbox 360 versions sales a due here.

OT: Waow I'm so happy about it! I hope it will prove to other developers that there IS a market for JRPGs. You just gotta try at least.

There's a market for JRPG's, as there always has been. The main problem is that JRPG's as a whole, at least in consoles, have seen a decrease in popularity for the past gens. It wasn't never a genre with high sales or popularity in the overall panorama of gaming to begin with, except for a few restrict series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Boutros said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:

There's a market for JRPG's, as there always has been. The main problem is that JRPG's as a whole, at least in consoles, have seen a decrease in popularity for the past gens. It wasn't never a genre with high sales or popularity in the overall panorama of gaming to begin with, except for a few restrict series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon.

Exactly, last gen how many JRPG's on consoles crossed 1 million that weren't KH or FF?

It was only SO & Tales I believe.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
Boutros said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:

Exactly, last gen how many JRPG's on consoles crossed 1 million that weren't KH or FF?

On consoles? I think that's probably correct, unless any of the Persona games or the Dark Cloud games managed to do it as well. Even then, SO and Tales doing over 1M sales is mainly due to both being series that have been also synonim of the JRPG genre since the SNES era, which has garnered them much popularity as well. 

It's pretty hard for any JRPG series to break into the genre and become a multi-million smash hit. I think that since the 16-bit era, only KH has managed to do that. 

Edit - On the PSX, some series did manage to do some multi-million numbers, like Parasite Eve. And the first Dark Cloud on PS2 did manage to break the 1 M barrier as well. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
Boutros said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:

On consoles? I think that's probably correct, unless any of the Persona games or the Dark Cloud games managed to do it as well. Even then, SO and Tales doing over 1M sales is mainly due to both being series that have been also synonim of the JRPG genre since the SNES era, which has garnered them much popularity as well. 

It's pretty hard for any JRPG series to break into the genre and become a multi-million smash hit. I think that since the 16-bit era, only KH has managed to do that. 

Edit - On the PSX, some series did manage to do some multi-million numbers, like Parasite Eve. And the first Dark Cloud on PS2 did manage to break the 1 M barrier as well. 

So basically its the mid tier JRPG franchises that aren't doing as well this gen.

I really thought ROF might do 1 Million, but thats impossible now.

Can you think of any mid tier JRPG franchise that could still do 1 million?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
The Xbox Man said:

FF13 Software sales

Europe/Others
PS3 1,108,985
360 577,194

America
PS3 978,779
360 710,586

In America were the 360 has twice the install base the 360 version sold less despite the advertisment and bundles.

In europe were the install base is pretty even the ps3 version has sold twice as many as the 360.

Also why would it be suprising for xbox owners to buy a FF game? I'm sure a lot of 360 owners are probably ex PS2 owners so some of them are bound like FF.

Point of post? You are wrong.

AMAZING SALES!

Now I can say this for sure: GO TO HELL TO ALL THOSE WHO SAID THIS GAME COULDN'T OUTSELL XII!

Hope it surpasses FF XII.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

MUCH DESERVED!!!

So much for haters saying it's gonna flop...

Was expected. Though the increase in the popularity of the Wrpg genre on consoles continues. It may not be the best selling RPG on consoles next gen.