By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales ADJUSTED - Top Selling Console RPG Of the gen YAY!

smbu2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
shanbcn said:
Will PS3 version reach 5 million?

Should do

Because japan re-releases should bring in 200K - 300K extra sales, & it will keep selling till FFXV is out. 

I do wonder if 360 can get to 2 Million.....well if they do a Japan release it will.

@Munkeh111

No don't sell yourself!

Even if it was released here in Japan for the 360 I highly doubt it would move any copies. You can already buy the PS3 version for dirt cheap. The MSRP of the PS3 game is 9,240 yen(~$100 US), but I've seen new copies in the 2,000 - 2,500 yen range (~$21-$27 US). That's not even counting that one guy who bought a new copy for 980 yen(just over $10 US) in the other thread! Used copies are cheap as well.

If there was a 360 release it would probably be for full price and cost 7,000 - 8,000 yen or so.

(If you're wondering why I convert all the prices to US$, well it's because I'm from the US, heh )

What if they directly released a "Ultimate hits" for xbox 360? Instead of releasing it new they could go straight to the cheap end, Wada wouldn't do that but that would be more sensible. Apparently SONY & Square have a deal in Japan for exclusivity this gen so it might not happen. Because if it does happen FF15 would have to be multiplat on launch in Japan.

EDIT: Wasn;t TOV for PS3 straight to budget edition, or was it the normal price first?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Confirmed...

Gran Turismo isn't a racing game franchise.

Super Mario Galaxy isn't a 3D Platformer.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves isn't an action/adventure.

Final Fantasy XIII isn't an RPG.

All because in my opinion... They aren't!!!

Carl2291 said:
Confirmed...

Gran Turismo isn't a racing game franchise.

Super Mario Galaxy isn't a 3D Platformer.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves isn't an action/adventure.

Final Fantasy XIII isn't an RPG.

All because in my opinion... They aren't!!!

... ... ... you forgot Halo isn't a FPS

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

darthdevidem01 said:
smbu2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
shanbcn said:
Will PS3 version reach 5 million?

Should do

Because japan re-releases should bring in 200K - 300K extra sales, & it will keep selling till FFXV is out. 

I do wonder if 360 can get to 2 Million.....well if they do a Japan release it will.

@Munkeh111

No don't sell yourself!

Even if it was released here in Japan for the 360 I highly doubt it would move any copies. You can already buy the PS3 version for dirt cheap. The MSRP of the PS3 game is 9,240 yen(~$100 US), but I've seen new copies in the 2,000 - 2,500 yen range (~$21-$27 US). That's not even counting that one guy who bought a new copy for 980 yen(just over $10 US) in the other thread! Used copies are cheap as well.

If there was a 360 release it would probably be for full price and cost 7,000 - 8,000 yen or so.

(If you're wondering why I convert all the prices to US$, well it's because I'm from the US, heh )

What if they directly released a "Ultimate hits" for xbox 360? Instead of releasing it new they could go straight to the cheap end, Wada wouldn't do that but that would be more sensible. Apparently SONY & Square have a deal in Japan for exclusivity this gen so it might not happen. Because if it does happen FF15 would have to be multiplat on launch in Japan.

EDIT: Wasn;t TOV for PS3 straight to budget edition, or was it the normal price first?

I guess that could be possible, I mean some games are released cheaper like that. For example, Super SFIV was about 5,000 yen when it released (the original SFIV was about 7,000 yen). NMH was also about that same price.

TOV? Nope it came out at full price on the PS3. It's actually still around that price as well. Though most all retailers do give some slight discounts on games. MSRP is 7,800 yen, but you can usually find the game in the ~6,000 - 6,500 yen range. Both new and used prices for TOV have held up quite well, unlike FF13 which dropped like a rock.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I do wonder with FFXIII's high development costs, how much did they actually profit with an Xbox 360 version? Could they have saved the money by NOT developing it and had more sales from a PS3 exclusives to receive a net gain of the same profit if not more with a PS3 exclusive only?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

Congrats to FFXIII and hopefully this is a sign to those who said that FFXIII would do worse than FFXII.

The series still runs strong and is still a knowledgeable RPG series worldwide

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

halil23 said:
Still haven't got this game... >_>
BTW, has GOW3 been adjusted UP yet?

Why would it?

darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:
badgenome said:
You can put a J in front of it, but it's not an RPG.

You can put a b in front of but its still spamming

Shut up, darth! hatmoza made a good point, and I agree with him 100%!

badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:
badgenome said:
You can put a J in front of it, but it's not an RPG.

You can put a b in front of but its still spamming

Shut up, darth! hatmoza made a good point, and I agree with him 100%!

You can put a 1 in front of it but its still not 100%!!

You can put a g in front of it but its still not good

You can put a s in front of it but its still not shut

you can put a {EXPLODES}

@Lestatdark

lol yeah

@smbu

Its FF...it would sell a lot on xbox 360 regardless.

Definetely over 100K if it did release.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good sales but I don't think it will reach 7 million lifetime sales.