By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales ADJUSTED - Top Selling Console RPG Of the gen YAY!

ElGranCabeza said:
If they do a worthy International re release - i.e. deleted content included, towns, etc - then I can see it getting to 5 million on PS3 alone and 2 million on 360 alone.

Wada wnt let them becaus it wudn't fit on xbox 360. thy cnt make international edition xclusive to ps3.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
what's the second place?

Oblivion/Fallout 3 at around 5 Million

@akibafan

Like I told you before, learn the definition of flop & then we'll discuss.

dude no need to persnlly insult me. 

it believ it flopped in jpn, its biggest costing ff & it sold lowest in jpn out of all ff's thatis a flop , no mattr how u put it.

With how Japan has adopted handhelds and seemingly neglected home consoles, I think it's unfair to really compare the sales of previous games to this one in Japan. I think it's pretty much a common trend across all Japanese franchises to lose sales in Japan when exclusive to home consoles, compared to sales from last gen (e.g. Yakuza, Star Ocean, Metal Gear Solid). This is further exhaggerated by Ps2 vs Ps3 install base.

Furthermore I'd put it forward that FFXIII was designed for a more western audience, possibly losing its appeal to the Japanese audience? I've not played it yet so I've no idea if thats true but it seems to be the direction SE is headed nowadays >_>.

But yeah, if your logic were to be used across the bored, then MGS, Yakuza, Star Ocean etc would all be deemed flops. At least in Japan.

Good news, glad to see the series is still going strong. Now SE, about Vs..

Much deserved

So, 7 Million + Lifetime confirmed!!

badgenome said:
You can put a J in front of it, but it's not an RPG.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

This pretty much confirms Final Fantasy Versus XIII for Xbox 360.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

hatmoza said:
badgenome said:

You can put a b in front of but its still spamming

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
hatmoza said:
badgenome said:

You can put a b in front of but its still spamming

You lecturing me about spamming LOL

Anywho that's my main beef with this thread and badgenome pretty much beat me to the punch. 

Congratulations FFXIII bbut I don't consider it an RPG, and that's my opinion. 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

darthdevidem01 said:
shanbcn said:
Will PS3 version reach 5 million?

Should do

Because japan re-releases should bring in 200K - 300K extra sales, & it will keep selling till FFXV is out. 

I do wonder if 360 can get to 2 Million.....well if they do a Japan release it will.

@Munkeh111

No don't sell yourself!

Even if it was released here in Japan for the 360 I highly doubt it would move any copies. You can already buy the PS3 version for dirt cheap. The MSRP of the PS3 game is 9,240 yen(~$100 US), but I've seen new copies in the 2,000 - 2,500 yen range (~$21-$27 US). That's not even counting that one guy who bought a new copy for 980 yen(just over $10 US) in the other thread! Used copies are cheap as well.

If there was a 360 release it would probably be for full price and cost 7,000 - 8,000 yen or so.

(If you're wondering why I convert all the prices to US$, well it's because I'm from the US, heh )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

So it basically outsold the 360 version 4:1........yeah Square...don't make exclusive games for PS3

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi