By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lost 28lbs thanks to EA sports active on wii.

i know u may enjoy doing that way, but you would get better results doing a an hour or so of cardio.

Around the Network

Hey way to go man! Keep up the great work-out.

Xoj said:
i know u may enjoy doing that way, but you would get better results doing a an hour or so of cardio.

When it comes to exercise, motivation is more important than efficiency. So I say get it however you can.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Xoj said:

When it comes to exercise, motivation is more important than efficiency. So I say get it however you can.

studies have been made, even so, nothings beat real exercise.

Someone mentioned a 30 day challenge. Does the game actually have a workout plan with specific workouts to achieve different goals and such?

I played WiiFit two hours a day till I reached 40 hours after which I had lost almost 20-lbs. However I found it was getting to boring and their wasn't much motivation. In the end alot of the time I was ending excersizes and fiddling with my Wiimote to start new ones. I put the weight back on in a few months and have now gained even more. I bought WiiFitPlus but again their was no program it was just selecting random excersizes or selecting a few select ones and trying to loose the weight.

In the end I want a excersize game that is more fluid like a personal trainer would be. Does the game actually have a workout plan or do you just select excersizes play a few seconds-minutes then a minute or two of selecting the next excersize and so fourth?

Did you try WiiFit? How did the two compare?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Xoj said:
famousringo said:
Xoj said:

Also it depends on where you live. 

I live in a climate where you can exercise outdoors pretty much every day of the year and in the past I took this very much for granted.  Then I spent 5 years living in China where for 4-5 months of the year you would only go outside if you really had to (crappy/cold/wet weather). I like sports and regular exercise but It's really hard to get in a good routine or good habits when for nearly half the year you can't reasonably excercise outdoors.

Xoj said:
famousringo said:
Xoj said:

Yeah it's amazing when you can get real exercise while having motivation too!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

great! i don't know how much lbs are, but i lost almost 4 Kg since i started training with ea sports active. i completed the 30 day challenge on personal trainer and right now i'm half-way thorugh the 6 weeks challenge in more workouts.

off course nothing beats real excercise or sports, but it's better than nothing don't you think?

both personal trainer and more workouts are great software, i'm really looking forward to ea sports active 2.0

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Not sure about Sports Active, but Wii Fit has kept me in great shape for the past year and a half.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Xoj said:

Not really, I got into as good of shape as I was in during University just using Wii Fit and a pair of 4.5KGs. The problem with going out of your way to hit the gym is that it is incredibly inconvenient 9 weeks out of 10 for people married, with a 9-5 job (which is never just 8 hours of work, more like 10-12 - and the accompanying stress). Games like Wii Fit in the morning for 15-20 minutes a day don't take any more than 15-20 minutes out of the day, and keep you in great shape. At least when posting online in the mornings I can drink a coffee and eat my breakfast =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.