By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lost 28lbs thanks to EA sports active on wii.

Severance said:

Random picture of the day?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
Severance said:

Random picture of the day?

look at his avatar

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CloudPhoenix said:

Just wanted to know if any of you who own EA sports Active on wii have lost weight with the game, I've lost 28lbs since i started playing the game 2 months ago, Of course i changed my eating habbits by eating healthy but still i must say this game is amazing, do yourself a favor and get this game if you are out of shape and need to loose some pounds. I'm going to post some pics of before and after 2 months of EA sports active.

How does this compare, workout-wise, to wii-fit plus?  I quit doing wii fit simply because it wasn't a very good workout...sure, you could probably get a decent workout if you tried hard enough, but time-wise, it just wasn't worth it.  I've been doing a few of the p90x videos...is it closer to something like that?  Or is it more like wii fit, where you do one excercise, fiddle around with the wiimote, then do another one?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

megaman79 said:
Thats awesome bro. Hardcore gamers are going to die by the age of 40, WHO WINS THE CONSOLE WAR NOW?

We still win, our clogged arteries are like battle scars of hardcore gaming!

OT: Congrats dude, 28 lbs is a lot! Keep it up.

PSN ID: KingFate_

epicurean said:
CloudPhoenix said:

Just wanted to know if any of you who own EA sports Active on wii have lost weight with the game, I've lost 28lbs since i started playing the game 2 months ago, Of course i changed my eating habbits by eating healthy but still i must say this game is amazing, do yourself a favor and get this game if you are out of shape and need to loose some pounds. I'm going to post some pics of before and after 2 months of EA sports active.

How does this compare, workout-wise, to wii-fit plus?  I quit doing wii fit simply because it wasn't a very good workout...sure, you could probably get a decent workout if you tried hard enough, but time-wise, it just wasn't worth it.  I've been doing a few of the p90x videos...is it closer to something like that?  Or is it more like wii fit, where you do one excercise, fiddle around with the wiimote, then do another one?

From what I've heard, EA Sports Active is more aerobic in nature compared with Wii Fit which is more about balance, posture and toning. EA Sports Active 2.0 is coming later this year too so I'd wait for that if you were contemplating it, it includes a heart rate monitor and better sensors etc.

Around the Network

Most impressive! And looking good dude!

I blame Wii fit.

Grats

congrats, I had lost 25lbs on Wii Fit, probably put it back on though...

that your girl? she is cute!