By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No More Heroes on HD consoles has pretty good first week in Japan

jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:

Huge drop for No More Heroes in its second week. The PS3 version is placed at 29th in the Media Create top 30, probably an 80% drop, as expected the 360 version is out of the top 30.

Wow. Hardcore drop!

Ya now they both can die a fast death. It's not the systems it's own, or even the game. People are just not interested. If No More Heroes was a manga or anime first. Then it would have a chance.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:

I'm not sure if the CC is more practical to be honest.  To use Capcom as an example, they've only released 8 Wii games that even use it.  Meanwhile, they released 14 online PS2 games...

MoHun's franchise potential definitely pushed Tri beyond what the same sort of game could've managed with a different brand.  Still, it sold a million, and to compare that to your FFXI example, that game only sold ~200k.  Even MHG on PS2/Wii outsold FFXI.  Again, staggering sales for a subscription based game.

Lets not forget the many games Capcom has on Virtual Console. All SNES and N64 games inparticular require a Wii CC or GC controller.

Square said FFXI sales were hurt by having to purchase a BBA and HDD for the PS2. With that said many people probably purchased the PC version. According to Wikipedia, "Square Enix had announced that more than 500,000 users, using more than one million characters, were playing the game as of January 2004." Bear in mind FFXI was released in 2002. The market was very different back then. That was before WoW made the world MMORPG fans.

Edit: Also FFXI wasn't an offline game. Had it been it would have sold millions.

Well, technically all Virtual Console games are handled directly by the platform owners, they just sublicense all the 3rd party stuff and handle it themselves.  So all those Capcom NES/SNES/Genesis/TG16 games on VC?  They're all from Nintendo/Sega/Hudson.

I fail to see your point. They are Capcom games and they are on VC because Capcom allowed them to be. Its their games, its their money, at best Nintendo/Sega/Hudson get a small portion.

No point in debating online games. The circumstances of the games we're talking about are so different.

I bet we'd all be surprised by just how much Nintendo takes of every VC release honestly.  But my point was that Capcom has NOTHING to do with implementation of VC releases.  They don't touch the emulation or the control interface, ergo the games are not "classic controller compatible" do to anything on Capcom's part really.

And me posting the online games sales wasn't for debate, more to illustrate just how massive MH3's achievement actually was.  In fact, I believe no subscription based online console game has even hit a million sold in America or Europe either.

jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:

I'm not sure if the CC is more practical to be honest.  To use Capcom as an example, they've only released 8 Wii games that even use it.  Meanwhile, they released 14 online PS2 games...

MoHun's franchise potential definitely pushed Tri beyond what the same sort of game could've managed with a different brand.  Still, it sold a million, and to compare that to your FFXI example, that game only sold ~200k.  Even MHG on PS2/Wii outsold FFXI.  Again, staggering sales for a subscription based game.

Lets not forget the many games Capcom has on Virtual Console. All SNES and N64 games inparticular require a Wii CC or GC controller.

Square said FFXI sales were hurt by having to purchase a BBA and HDD for the PS2. With that said many people probably purchased the PC version. According to Wikipedia, "Square Enix had announced that more than 500,000 users, using more than one million characters, were playing the game as of January 2004." Bear in mind FFXI was released in 2002. The market was very different back then. That was before WoW made the world MMORPG fans.

Edit: Also FFXI wasn't an offline game. Had it been it would have sold millions.

Well, technically all Virtual Console games are handled directly by the platform owners, they just sublicense all the 3rd party stuff and handle it themselves.  So all those Capcom NES/SNES/Genesis/TG16 games on VC?  They're all from Nintendo/Sega/Hudson.

I fail to see your point. They are Capcom games and they are on VC because Capcom allowed them to be. Its their games, its their money, at best Nintendo/Sega/Hudson get a small portion.

No point in debating online games. The circumstances of the games we're talking about are so different.

I bet we'd all be surprised by just how much Nintendo takes of every VC release honestly.  But my point was that Capcom has NOTHING to do with implementation of VC releases.  They don't touch the emulation or the control interface, ergo the games are not "classic controller compatible" do to anything on Capcom's part really.

And me posting the online games sales wasn't for debate, more to illustrate just how massive MH3's achievement actually was.  In fact, I believe no subscription based online console game has even hit a million sold in America or Europe either.

Regardless, they are still Capcom games and they are on there because Capcom allowed them to be.

Well Monster Hunter is only big in Japan. I mean if they made a WoW for consoles that would dominate MH3 numbers. FFXIV has potential to be even bigger than MH3. For what its worth, millions of people do pay for Xbox Live.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The whole argument that it would sell better on HD systems is bs. If Killer 7 couldn't sell worth shit on PS2 which had the greatest home console userbase then what makes you think NMH will sell more on the HD systems? It won't and the sales are already proving it.

Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:

Regardless, they are still Capcom games and they are on there because Capcom allowed them to be.

Well Monster Hunter is only big in Japan. I mean if they made a WoW for consoles that would dominate MH3 numbers. FFXIV has potential to be even bigger than MH3. For what its worth, millions of people do pay for Xbox Live.

Regardless, Capcom had nothing to do with CC support.  They've only supported CC interface in 10 games.

And Tri's actually doing rather decently over here for a change.  Amazing what actually advertising a high quality, high production game on the leading platform this generation can achieve.

Also, FFXIV will never sell as well as Tri already has most likely.  But that's fine, it's revenue model is pretty different.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:

Regardless, Capcom had nothing to do with CC support.  They've only supported CC interface in 10 games.

And Tri's actually doing rather decently over here for a change.  Amazing what actually advertising a high quality, high production game on the leading platform this generation can achieve.

Also, FFXIV will never sell as well as Tri already has most likely.  But that's fine, it's revenue model is pretty different.

I don't think its fair to ignore the VC games. But if you must, lets just say the gen isn't over yet. They could add more games to the library that use the CC. Than you can officially agree the Wii CC is as practical as the PS2 BBA. What a stupid discussion we're having.

Tri sales outside of Japan is performing like I expected. Not horrible, not great. Perhaps it'll have good legs. Unless better core games steal sales... which is very unlikely.

In regards to FFXIV selling as well as Tri. Are you talking Japan only or world wide? I'm iffy about Japan, but the world sales of FFXIV will smash Tri.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Week 2...

PS3 - 3,150 (18,081 total)
360 - 1,755 (15,839 total)
Wii - 5,816 (17,519 total)

Already this thread is starting to look like a bad idea...

VGChartz

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think its fair to ignore the VC games. But if you must, lets just say the gen isn't over yet. They could add more games to the library that use the CC. Than you can officially agree the Wii CC is as practical as the PS2 BBA. What a stupid discussion we're having.

Tri sales outside of Japan is performing like I expected. Not horrible, not great. Perhaps it'll have good legs. Unless better core games steal sales... which is very unlikely.

In regards to FFXIV selling as well as Tri. Are you talking Japan only or world wide? I'm iffy about Japan, but the world sales of FFXIV will smash Tri.

100k+ in a week in NA is pretty great honestly, considering how hard a sell MH3 is when you get down to it (especially for the "Wii audience") and the sort of franchise legacy MH has in the west.  Frankly, I doubt it'd have done much if any better even as a 360 or PS3 game either.  Tri's pretty easily going to smash through Capcom's puny 500k expectation for the west, in fact it's probably going to more than double that.

In Japan, FFXIV literally has no hope of catching Tri in pure units sales.  And honestly, after the encouraging western debut, I think it's unlikely to match Tri worldwide as well.  Subsciprtion based console games just don't do that huge.

milkyjoe said:
Week 2...

PS3 - 3,150 (18,081 total)
360 - 1,755 (15,839 total)
Wii - 5,816 (17,519 total)

Already this thread is starting to look like a bad idea...

LoL.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Wait, why is the thread starting to look like a bad idea?

I LOVE ICELAND!