By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No More Heroes on HD consoles has pretty good first week in Japan

Lots of wishful thinking in this thread ...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think its fair to ignore the VC games. But if you must, lets just say the gen isn't over yet. They could add more games to the library that use the CC. Than you can officially agree the Wii CC is as practical as the PS2 BBA. What a stupid discussion we're having.

Tri sales outside of Japan is performing like I expected. Not horrible, not great. Perhaps it'll have good legs. Unless better core games steal sales... which is very unlikely.

In regards to FFXIV selling as well as Tri. Are you talking Japan only or world wide? I'm iffy about Japan, but the world sales of FFXIV will smash Tri.

100k+ in a week in NA is pretty great honestly, considering how hard a sell MH3 is when you get down to it (especially for the "Wii audience") and the sort of franchise legacy MH has in the west.  Frankly, I doubt it'd have done much if any better even as a 360 or PS3 game either.  Tri's pretty easily going to smash through Capcom's puny 500k expectation for the west, in fact it's probably going to more than double that.

In Japan, FFXIV literally has no hope of catching Tri in pure units sales.  And honestly, after the encouraging western debut, I think it's unlikely to match Tri worldwide as well.  Subsciprtion based console games just don't do that huge.

Well the expectations are always low for 3rd party Wii games, even a quality game like this is no exception. I'm sure MH3 could have performed better on HD consoles. Simply because its a core game and the HD consoles are popular for online gaming. Just an opinion, not worth debating.

When was a last time a subscription based online game hit consoles? The only major release this gen has been MH3. Also, FFXIV is gonna be on the PC as well. That's gonna steal potential PS3 sales. But ultimately, FFXIV will be much bigger than MH3.

I think a big part in MH3's success is Nintendo's direct involvement, particularly in Europe.  Honestly, I doubt it'd have gotten the same sort of sweetheart deal from MS or Sony (if it had, Sony at least probably would've gotten it).  Maybe I'll be proved wrong with Frontier though...

Plus, more JP games tend to get overlooked or lost in the shuffle on the HD twins.  Part of MH3's success is that it's something of a standout on Wii, while on PS360 it'd be just another AAA 3rd party game.

The last big subscription based game I can remember was Phantasy Star Universe, which bombed pretty hard on 360.  Before that it was FFXI on 360, which also tanked.

Once again, not worth debating. Who knows?

I don't even know how to respond to that. Excluding Sega, Japanese developers seem to generally have more success on HD consoles. But the HD consoles have had much better software. I agree its a stand out title for the Wii, but the HD consoles move tons of 3rd party software.

Do you really consider PSU big? (1) Its old, the online console gaming market has grown tremendously since its release. (2) It wasn't a critical success on any platform. (3) Its difficult to find unless you order it used on the web. I wouldn't consider it a bomb on the 360 because last time I checked the 360 release is the only version up and running and it still receives new content. Sega should give out the online portion of the game free, that'll boost subscriptions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

All I can say is, if you doubt that this thread looks dumb now, just wait till next week....

Both HD versions will most likely decline again when they both need massive increases just to stay level.

VGChartz

pretty bad 2nd week
Wii Version 5,816
ps3 version 3,843
360 version 2,790

the ps3/360 had a better launch then the original but that isn't saying much

@z101 no more heroes did do half a mil but look how long it took thats not something to be proud of, more niche games released on consoles with much lower install base and have done waaaaaaayyyy better than that

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@z101 no more heroes did do half a mil but look how long it took thats not something to be proud of, more niche games released on consoles with much lower install base and have done waaaaaaayyyy better than that

such as?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Arius Dion said:
milkyjoe said:
Week 2...

PS3 - 3,150 (18,081 total)
360 - 1,755 (15,839 total)
Wii - 5,816 (17,519 total)

Already this thread is starting to look like a bad idea...

LoL.

ROFFLE 

Now this thread interesting. I completely forgot the typical sales pattern for many HD games, with big opening window and then sinking relatively fast on the chart.

oniyide said:

Not anything from Grasshopper...

@seven89 Heavy Rain just to name one

oniyide said:
@seven89 Heavy Rain just to name one

That's 1st party, not 3rd party.  If we're including 1st party games, then "hardcore" games in general sell best on DS/Wii by a gigantic margin (Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Pokemon, etc).