By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No More Heroes on HD consoles has pretty good first week in Japan

No More Heroes sold 14K on each HD console. Not outstanding sales, but that's better than the Wii's 11K.

Its rather impressive considering the Wii has a much larger userbase, its an old game, and the Wii version is easy to find in a bargain bin.

It also proves the point I said back in 2008, this game would sell better on HD consoles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The Wii was at 70M world wide way back 2 years ago.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/22/no-more-heroes-remakes-outsold-the-original-by-a-little/

mmmhmmm, we all know where the core gamers are, not really surprising but I'm sure their will be those who deny this.

anyways, here a source.

Galaki said:

of course not, but the fact remains the Wii still had a much larger install base than either the PS3 or 360 2 years ago, so OP comment still remains true even if it could have been worded better.

At the end of the day, each console targets a certain demographic, the Wii it's Casuals >> core, and the HD twins it's CORE >> casuals, it's just how things are this generation.

A whole 3k
You want an achievement medal or something?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

No More Heroes sold 14K on each HD console. Not outstanding sales, but that's better than the Wii's 11K.

Its rather impressive considering the Wii has a much larger userbase, its an old game, and the Wii version is easy to find in a bargain bin.

It also proves the point I said back in 2008, this game would sell better on HD consoles.

Bolded part is a false statement.  I see what you are getting at here and everything, but no reason to lie to people.  I've also heard differently on the 3rd one but I have no ability to confirm that so I won't make the statement (doesn't stop most people).

As for the second one, well it's possible that the game got more brand recognition the second time around.  Was a new IP releasing on the Wii during a time where other Wii software was dominating (namely Wii Fit).  This released on PS3 and 360 (mainly 360) with no competition.  I think that could explain some of the better sales. 

But actually it doesn't prove the last thing you stated.  Saying that it sells better in one region doesn't necessarily mean it'll do it in every region.  That's quite the assumption there.  Would be like telling me because Modern Warfare 2 outsold New Super Mario Bros Wii in America (so far) that it will outsell it in the entire world.  As someone in this threaed was so crudely talking about buying habits, obviously region wise buying habits are different.

You could say that this game has sold better on HD consoles in Japan, although we'll have to see how both of these titles sell over the long run.  More than likely the 360 version won't outsell the Wii version but PS3 version shoudl at least be able to match it. 

Really from my experience, it's hard to determine whether ports would do better or worse given the scenario.  Obviously circumstances are always different.  And especially with a case like this where the differences are so minimal, there's no telling what would have happened if all 3 released at the same time or the opposite effect.  Such as, it's arguable that if Modern Warfare Reflex had released onside with the PS360 version that it could have sold better due to World at War sales comparison.  But you could also say it would have been overshadowed by the hype for the PS360 version and sales would have been minimal on the Wii as people picked up the other versions instead or Wii only owners passed on it for exclusives instead.  Just too much of an imperfect science to play the "what if" game and too primitive to not take into account the circumstantial things.  Easier to do if you have bigger differences such as X sold 10k 2 years ago and now X2 sold 100k.  For that we can get something, but not for 3k difference. 

Soriku said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Galaki said:

of course not, but the fact remains the Wii still had a much larger install base than either the PS3 or 360 2 years ago, so OP comment still remains true even if it could have been worded better.

At the end of the day, each console targets a certain demographic, the Wii it's Casuals >> core, and the HD twins it's CORE >> casuals, it's just how things are this generation.

When the Wii verison of NMH came out the Wii was at 4 mil. The PS3 and 360 now have 6 mil.

But congrats, it sold 14k. The game is still a complete bomb on all platforms either way in Japan.

Which makes me quite sad.  Well the math/research fail and NMH not doing well on any platform.  One of my most favorite new franchises of this generation and it seems no one really wants it in Japan.  Well I'll keep buying it so hopefully he'll keep making it for the rest of us across seas.

NMH bombed no matter which platform. Are people seriously trying to spin this into a success?

Galaki said:
NMH bombed no matter which platform. Are people seriously trying to spin this into a success?

LoL. Yes, apparently.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

i hope half of you know this "a userbase doesn't make a game sell better" its kinda annoying when people bring up the consoles userbase when it doesn't prove anything..