By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No More Heroes on HD consoles has pretty good first week in Japan

The Ghost of RubangB said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
scottie said:
Kasz216 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Galaki said:
The Wii was at 70M world wide way back 2 years ago.

of course not, but the fact remains the Wii still had a much larger install base than either the PS3 or 360 2 years ago, so OP comment still remains true even if it could have been worded better.

At the end of the day, each console targets a certain demographic, the Wii it's Casuals >> core, and the HD twins it's CORE >> casuals, it's just how things are this generation.

Actually the PS3 has a bigger userbase now then the Wii did when NMH released.

Almost twice as high infact!

However, I don't think people are really reading what we say :P

The 360 version did better too, with a userbase of just over a million. How do you explain that?

The PS3 version is censored, just like the original was in Japan.  The 360 version is uncensored, like the original was in North America.  The whole point of the game is overdoing violence in a really comical way to make fun of modern games.  Taking the blood out ruins it.  It's like taking all the blood out of a Monty Python sketch.  Anyway, this is a really nerdy game with a very small but hardcore following.  They all know to get the uncensored version.

Wait... so they wasted the time on two seperate ports of the same game... rather then making one port for both systems?

Why?

Around the Network
psrock said:
Both GAMES bombed badly.

But why did it take 2 years for Nintendo fans to say it?

I don't think any Nintendo fan ever said the game didn't bomb in Japan.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
scottie said:
Kasz216 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Galaki said:
The Wii was at 70M world wide way back 2 years ago.

of course not, but the fact remains the Wii still had a much larger install base than either the PS3 or 360 2 years ago, so OP comment still remains true even if it could have been worded better.

At the end of the day, each console targets a certain demographic, the Wii it's Casuals >> core, and the HD twins it's CORE >> casuals, it's just how things are this generation.

Actually the PS3 has a bigger userbase now then the Wii did when NMH released.

Almost twice as high infact!

However, I don't think people are really reading what we say :P

The 360 version did better too, with a userbase of just over a million. How do you explain that?

I must admit, I am impressed with how well the 360 version did compared to the PS3 version. I refuse to compare it to the Wii yet because I think it is too early to comment. After the 2nd week sales come in I might feel comfortable making some comments, but preferably I would like to wait a week or two longer.

No more heroes? I thought it was already released.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Chrizum said:
psrock said:
Both GAMES bombed badly.

I don't think any Nintendo fan ever said the game didn't bomb in Japan.

Actually, I think a fair few people would still argue that no version of the game bombed in Japan - even in Japan I think the Wii version is still the developers highest selling game ever. I know a lot of people define flop based on its sales compared to the developer's expectations, so there is some argument for it not being a flop.

That said, if your definition of flop is its sales compared to some arbitrary number, which is the same regardless of game, then yes, it was a flop.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Both GAMES bombed badly.

ahhh we always said it bombed Hard... its just Suda51 most successful games ever thats why

Wii sales were less than 35M this time 2 years a go, I don't think 2K difference is nothing to shout about.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

When a port of a 2 year old game sells better than the original did, that means something. I won't venture to say what it means, but generally speaking, that's not normal.

greenmedic88 said:
When a port of a 2 year old game sells better than the original did, that means something. I won't venture to say what it means, but generally speaking, that's not normal.

Your post was ambiguous due to insufficient information. Either you are trying to claim that the PS3 or 360 version will outsell the Wii version in total lifetime sales, or you are saying that it is common for ports of Wii games to the PS3 and 360 generally have better first weeks.

If the first, lol, wanna make some variety of bet

If the second, what games have previously been ported from the Wii to the PS360?

well let's see the lifetime sales (legs)
I just hope this doesn't repeat with dead space extraction