By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

hopefully Crysis 2 Puts a End too all this , but i wonder , Will it just make it Worse ?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

I love your sig Hisiru =P

mM
Attoyou said:
gamings_best said:
Munkeh111 said:
Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

no becasue 360 fanboys has had a piece missing from thier total domination of the anit crist ps3 which is graphics, got sales, fanbase,online, but not graphics, and they soooo need the graphics, so we shal be subject to this non-sense forever, becasue ther will never be a 360 that will ever hold graphics king. just like a shooter on ps3 selling 10 million, some things just aren't going to happen.

ps3 fanboys with their "OMG TEH HALO KILLER" fails

360 fanboys with their "OMG TEH NEW GRAPHICS KING" fails

Agreed .

Corrected for you, as there is absolutely nothing missing from my 360 or PS3.

Note, I'm not calling the OP a fanboy, just stating that your generalization about "fans" is an overstatement.

leo-j said:
I love your sig Hisiru =P

Thank you sir. I am honored to receive a compliment from you. 

@OT

Also, I think you are using bad screens for Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and Gears 2.

The_God_of_War said:
Barozi said:
The_God_of_War said:
Barozi said:
I'd say yes.
But the reason we haven't seen that is because no first or third party studio really tried (apart from Turn 10 last year).
However this year it seems like the 360 exclusives will be around on par with the PS3 exclusives.

Tried.....what exactly? I'm curious. Rare and Lionhead seem to try hard when it comes to visual fidelity. Why would they be lazy?

I agree with that last part though, looking at AW & Reach.

This thread is all about graphics obviously, so yes Rare and Lionhead certainly tried from an artistical point of view (where they also suceeded), however what I meant to say was tried to push the limits technically.

From what I understand about Banjo: Nuts & Bolts it has large open areas with highly detailed textures; Kameo with hundreds of enemies on screen at once, Gears 2 was one of the most technically impressive games at the time, as was the first. Halo 3 renders large open environments with 4 player splitscreen. And Mass Effect 2 just came out. Just some examples. I don't see how you can say no developer has "really tried".

You've successfully passed the test and proudly deserve the following prize:

Around the Network
leo-j said:
aragod said:
Apart from the obvious reason that PS3 games are using blue ray disc, we still have yet to see Xbox game surpass Killzone 2. Till than, there is no real answer to your question, since as of now, the PS3 has the most graphicaly advanced titles.

Actually according to some (I haven't played it yet) MASS EFFECT 2 is fairly close to U2 visually.. but I honestly cannot say whether or not that's true, since I don't own the game.

It's actually not true, again it's the size of the assests, and the fact that the UE engine is limited on consoles compared to the PC version, whereas UC2 doesn't have that issue. When people say they are close visually, they are mostly talking about the design and presentation, and Bioware did an excellent job tweaking ME2, but that won't change the facts that UE has no AA unless you force it on PC, fake light sources, and is a pretty darn old engine at this point. If they made ME using the engine that ND has created on the storage size of blu ray, it'd look fucking amazing on a console. I personally am not happy about the texture work even playing on PC since they are mostly 360 assests at low ass res which makes it look like pure ass at a lot of the parts, really annoying.

TRios_Zen said:
Attoyou said:
gamings_best said:
Munkeh111 said:
Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

no becasue 360 fanboys has had a piece missing from thier total domination of the anit crist ps3 which is graphics, got sales, fanbase,online, but not graphics, and they soooo need the graphics, so we shal be subject to this non-sense forever, becasue ther will never be a 360 that will ever hold graphics king. just like a shooter on ps3 selling 10 million, some things just aren't going to happen.

ps3 fanboys with their "OMG TEH HALO KILLER" fails

360 fanboys with their "OMG TEH NEW GRAPHICS KING" fails

Agreed .

Corrected for you, as there is absolutely nothing missing from my 360 or PS3.

Note, I'm not calling the OP a fanboy, just stating that your generalization about "fans" is an overstatement.

Well I think we can also agree that PS360 is the best way to go (at least for graphics)

Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't see better textures on the Xbox 360 from these pics nor from what I've played, but ok, it's opinion, I won't argue.

Are God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 possible on the Xbox 360? It's difficult to say since they all run on proprietary engines coded strictly for PS3.

Exactly. Also, Microsoft needs more first party/second party studios.

The problem here (imo) isn't the hardware, the problem is engine+first/second party studios, that's why the PS3 is showing better results.

The only game I can think of that uses an in-house engine coded for the Xbox 360 is Forza Motorsport 3. And the results showed. With the PS3, you have MGS4, LittleBigPlanet (physics intensive), Killzone 2, Uncharted, Insomniac's engine, etc.

Recently Microsoft set up a studio called Firebird Studios which supervises Xbox 360 exclusive software technical development, similar to Sony's ICE team, so we'll certainly be seeing better results in the future.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Barozi said:
The_God_of_War said:
Barozi said:
The_God_of_War said:
Barozi said:
I'd say yes.
But the reason we haven't seen that is because no first or third party studio really tried (apart from Turn 10 last year).
However this year it seems like the 360 exclusives will be around on par with the PS3 exclusives.

Tried.....what exactly? I'm curious. Rare and Lionhead seem to try hard when it comes to visual fidelity. Why would they be lazy?

I agree with that last part though, looking at AW & Reach.

This thread is all about graphics obviously, so yes Rare and Lionhead certainly tried from an artistical point of view (where they also suceeded), however what I meant to say was tried to push the limits technically.

From what I understand about Banjo: Nuts & Bolts it has large open areas with highly detailed textures; Kameo with hundreds of enemies on screen at once, Gears 2 was one of the most technically impressive games at the time, as was the first. Halo 3 renders large open environments with 4 player splitscreen. And Mass Effect 2 just came out. Just some examples. I don't see how you can say no developer has "really tried".

You've successfully passed the test and proudly deserve the following prize:

Thank you sir

leo-j said:
aragod said:
Apart from the obvious reason that PS3 games are using blue ray disc, we still have yet to see Xbox game surpass Killzone 2. Till than, there is no real answer to your question, since as of now, the PS3 has the most graphicaly advanced titles.

Actually according to some (I haven't played it yet) MASS EFFECT 2 is fairly close to U2 visually.. but I honestly cannot say whether or not that's true, since I don't own the game.

Well it may be close for some, but the general public really doesn't see it that way. Even professionals of the industry agreed, while huge upgrade over the first, it falls to the above average category. I've completed it twice already on PC on max settings. The best rpg for me this gen, really worth every penny. But it's not visual powerhouse.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising