By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

Edit: do you think the PS3 or 360 looks better (no fanboyism), I think they are equal excpet for a few things as I'll list below...

Note: this is not to bash any console but to find out what each console is capable of processing...If I see any trolling, I will report you as soon as I can! Okay, We all know that games look worse in the beginning of a consoles life than the end ex cod2 and MW2 for 360. So how far can each console go? Well that's what we're here to discuss, take a look at these pics.

The following three games are arguably the best looking PS3 games to date...

We have god of war 3 on PS3 below

And We have Uncharted 2 below

Now here's some Killzone 2

Heavy rain

Ok it's 360 time now, here are some of the best looking games for 360!

Alan Wake

Here's some gears of war 2

Here's some Mass effect 2

In conclusion from these pics, the 360 has produce better textures and amazing lighting while the ps3 can make larger maps/areas and more AI going at the same time. Now, my question to you guys is weather or not the PS360 are maxed out, how far can they go if they are not. What will next gen graphics be like, stuff like that! discuss! remember no trolling

Around the Network

1 disc same resolution, NO
multiple disc lower resolution, sure

How did you conclude that the 360 produces better textures?

I can say ME 2 and Gears 2 are definitely possible as they are UE 3.5 games

The others, well it is impossible to really tell, but they certainly could not be ported directly. Certainly Uncharted 2 is designed around the PS3, so that the SPUs are in use 100% of the time.

Oh, and GoW and Uncharted are brand names owned by Sony, so they can't go to the 360 to answer the title question

indodude said:

from playing both and looking at the pics. the best textures one the ps3 are on uncharted 2 and little big planet imo

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
indodude said:

from playing both and looking at the pics. the best textures one the ps3 are on uncharted 2 and little big planet imo

mmmm someone's never played killzone in HD

I'm no tech nut but I don't think they could be done in the exact current form due to lack of The Cell Broadband Engine, less disc space and standard HDD. Maybe some areas would be improved on the 360 though- textures, AA, etc.

I'd say yes.
But the reason we haven't seen that is because no first or third party studio really tried (apart from Turn 10 last year).
However this year it seems like the 360 exclusives will be around on par with the PS3 exclusives.

Little Big Planet? your not serious now eh?

KZ2 and Uncharted 2 look much better..

the God of War 3 screenshot with Kratos standing on the arm of the giant is by far the best screenshot of all those

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I don't see better textures on the Xbox 360 from these pics nor from what I've played, but ok, it's opinion, I won't argue.

Are God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 possible on the Xbox 360? It's difficult to say since they all run on proprietary engines coded strictly for PS3.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!