By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

On topic:

If the question is: are these games possible for the 360, the obvious answer is no, as they are Sony owned IPs.

If the question is: are graphics of similar quality possible on the 360, then I'd say - until proven otherwise, yes.

While I can acknowledge that the three PS3 exclusives listed above are damn fine looking games, the difference in quality between those and 360 games are generally greatly exacerbated on forums such as these. Do they look better? Sure! But "a LOT" better, OR do they make 360 games appear like shit? Hardly.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
dahuman said:
toastboy44562 said:
indodude said:
How did you conclude that the 360 produces better textures?

from playing both and looking at the pics. the best textures one the ps3 are on uncharted 2 and little big planet imo

I think you feel that way due to the QAA, which is valid, if those PS3 games used MSAA, then you probably wouldn't feel that way(aka UC2.) The trade off is either jaggies or more smeared textures I guess.

yes ur right! I hate smeared textures!

won't have that issue with God of War then, it uses MSAAx2.

aragod said:
leo-j said:
aragod said:
Apart from the obvious reason that PS3 games are using blue ray disc, we still have yet to see Xbox game surpass Killzone 2. Till than, there is no real answer to your question, since as of now, the PS3 has the most graphicaly advanced titles.

Actually according to some (I haven't played it yet) MASS EFFECT 2 is fairly close to U2 visually.. but I honestly cannot say whether or not that's true, since I don't own the game.

Well it may be close for some, but the general public really doesn't see it that way. Even professionals of the industry agreed, while huge upgrade over the first, it falls to the above average category. I've completed it twice already on PC on max settings. The best rpg for me this gen, really worth every penny. But it's not visual powerhouse.

The loading times are the killers though, which is what is technically so impressive about Gears, GoW and Uncharted, you can play from start to finish without loading times (certainly Uncharted, I am 90% sure about the other 2)

1/ I dont know and no one know
I dont see the point of making this thread

2/ would Gears of war be possible on PS3 ?

Time to Work !

Munkeh111 said:
aragod said:
leo-j said:
aragod said:
Apart from the obvious reason that PS3 games are using blue ray disc, we still have yet to see Xbox game surpass Killzone 2. Till than, there is no real answer to your question, since as of now, the PS3 has the most graphicaly advanced titles.

Actually according to some (I haven't played it yet) MASS EFFECT 2 is fairly close to U2 visually.. but I honestly cannot say whether or not that's true, since I don't own the game.

Well it may be close for some, but the general public really doesn't see it that way. Even professionals of the industry agreed, while huge upgrade over the first, it falls to the above average category. I've completed it twice already on PC on max settings. The best rpg for me this gen, really worth every penny. But it's not visual powerhouse.

The loading times are the killers though, which is what is technically so impressive about Gears, GoW and Uncharted, you can play from start to finish without loading times (certainly Uncharted, I am 90% sure about the other 2)

Gears isn't that impressive graphicly, atleast in my eyes, since Im sure others would take its artstyle over other games, but the game itself was unimpressive to me visually.

mM
Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
aragod said:
leo-j said:
aragod said:

Well it wasn't so bad atleast on my PC, with full instalation the load times were all really quick. The first ME was a horror though, I remember one part where I got stuck, couldn't figure out where to go next and what to do and there were 3 elevators at the same spot with insane loading times. I went back and forth many times trying to find something I've overlooked and my gameplay / loading ratio was 1:2 at best.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Munkeh111 said:
TRios_Zen said:
Attoyou said:
gamings_best said:
Munkeh111 said:
Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

no becasue 360 fanboys has had a piece missing from thier total domination of the anit crist ps3 which is graphics, got sales, fanbase,online, but not graphics, and they soooo need the graphics, so we shal be subject to this non-sense forever, becasue ther will never be a 360 that will ever hold graphics king. just like a shooter on ps3 selling 10 million, some things just aren't going to happen.

ps3 fanboys with their "OMG TEH HALO KILLER" fails

360 fanboys with their "OMG TEH NEW GRAPHICS KING" fails

Agreed .

Corrected for you, as there is absolutely nothing missing from my 360 or PS3.

Note, I'm not calling the OP a fanboy, just stating that your generalization about "fans" is an overstatement.

Well I think we can also agree that PS360 is the best way to go (at least for graphics)

Absoultely agree.  I am also willing to concede that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, are the best looking games so far this gen (IMO) and I'm not shy about my prefernce for the 360.

huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't see better textures on the Xbox 360 from these pics nor from what I've played, but ok, it's opinion, I won't argue.

Are God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 possible on the Xbox 360? It's difficult to say since they all run on proprietary engines coded strictly for PS3.

Exactly. Also, Microsoft needs more first party/second party studios.

The problem here (imo) isn't the hardware, the problem is engine+first/second party studios, that's why the PS3 is showing better results.

The only game I can think of that uses an in-house engine coded for the Xbox 360 is Forza Motorsport 3. And the results showed. With the PS3, you have MGS4, LittleBigPlanet (physics intensive), Killzone 2, Uncharted, Insomniac's engine, etc.

Recently Microsoft set up a studio called Firebird Studios which supervises Xbox 360 exclusive software technical development, similar to Sony's ICE team, so we'll certainly be seeing better results in the future.

Oh, good to know that they are trying something! What about that X-Engine?

absolutely not. The 360 is behind in every aspect of graphic design. Alan wake has shown nothing but bullshots yet and it still doesn't look much better than gears 2 (which was bested by Uncharted 1.)

It has SOME to do with the had ware, but more to do with the developers.

TRios_Zen said:
Munkeh111 said:
TRios_Zen said:
Attoyou said:
gamings_best said:
Munkeh111 said:
Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

no becasue 360 fanboys has had a piece missing from thier total domination of the anit crist ps3 which is graphics, got sales, fanbase,online, but not graphics, and they soooo need the graphics, so we shal be subject to this non-sense forever, becasue ther will never be a 360 that will ever hold graphics king. just like a shooter on ps3 selling 10 million, some things just aren't going to happen.

ps3 fanboys with their "OMG TEH HALO KILLER" fails

360 fanboys with their "OMG TEH NEW GRAPHICS KING" fails

Agreed .

Corrected for you, as there is absolutely nothing missing from my 360 or PS3.

Note, I'm not calling the OP a fanboy, just stating that your generalization about "fans" is an overstatement.

Well I think we can also agree that PS360 is the best way to go (at least for graphics)

Absoultely agree.  I am also willing to concede that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, are the best looking games so far this gen (IMO) and I'm not shy about my prefernce for the 360.

Your avatar suggest as much

@ leo-j, Gears is seriously impresive technically. Great textures, great flames, great framerate etc. and I actually find its art quite interesting outside the factories. Seeing the world falling apart in front of you is quite startling