By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't see better textures on the Xbox 360 from these pics nor from what I've played, but ok, it's opinion, I won't argue.

Are God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 possible on the Xbox 360? It's difficult to say since they all run on proprietary engines coded strictly for PS3.

Exactly. Also, Microsoft needs more first party/second party studios.

The problem here (imo) isn't the hardware, the problem is engine+first/second party studios, that's why the PS3 is showing better results.

The only game I can think of that uses an in-house engine coded for the Xbox 360 is Forza Motorsport 3. And the results showed. With the PS3, you have MGS4, LittleBigPlanet (physics intensive), Killzone 2, Uncharted, Insomniac's engine, etc.

Recently Microsoft set up a studio called Firebird Studios which supervises Xbox 360 exclusive software technical development, similar to Sony's ICE team, so we'll certainly be seeing better results in the future.

Oh, good to know that they are trying something! What about that X-Engine?

The 4a engine you mean? The one for Metro 2033?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Oh come on everyone who has played GeoW2 knows that the game never looks THAT good in motion
stupid bullshots
you should post some gameplay videos or just go by the reviewers opinions
all of them say UC2 is the best looking game

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

what a silly comparison.

gears and me2 do not have better grafix than uc2, play them, the difference is clear.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't see better textures on the Xbox 360 from these pics nor from what I've played, but ok, it's opinion, I won't argue.

Are God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 possible on the Xbox 360? It's difficult to say since they all run on proprietary engines coded strictly for PS3.

The problem here (imo) isn't the hardware, the problem is engine+first/second party studios, that's why the PS3 is showing better results.

The only game I can think of that uses an in-house engine coded for the Xbox 360 is Forza Motorsport 3. And the results showed. With the PS3, you have MGS4, LittleBigPlanet (physics intensive), Killzone 2, Uncharted, Insomniac's engine, etc.

Recently Microsoft set up a studio called Firebird Studios which supervises Xbox 360 exclusive software technical development, similar to Sony's ICE team, so we'll certainly be seeing better results in the future.

No. Hisiru means an internal engine that Microsoft has created for first party devs that will take advantage of the quirks and nuances of the 360's hardware set up. More info: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78013

Since that article I haven't heard anything about it though. The 4A games engine is very very impressive also.

Here's some info on it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/metro-2033-4a-engine-impresses-blog-entry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metro2033-article

Any game which used real time lighting, so no prebaked lighting into textures could be replicated easily on the Xbox 360. As it stands for the Xbox 360 to produce a game like Uncharted they would have to reproduce the lighting on the fly. If the PS3 cannot produce a game which looks like Uncharted 2 / God of War 3 with real time global illumination lighting then the Xbox 360 couldn't within a reasonably space contraint.

Around the Network

Is this serious?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

priteshmodi said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:

No. Hisiru means an internal engine that Microsoft has created for first party devs that will take advantage of the quirks and nuances of the 360's hardware set up. More info: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78013

Since that article I haven't heard anything about it though. The 4A games engine is very very impressive also.

Here's some info on it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/metro-2033-4a-engine-impresses-blog-entry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metro2033-article

Ahh, ok. Yeah, this could be from their own works.

I thought he meant the 4a engine since it derives from the X-ray engine used in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

toastboy44562 said:

well In my opinion both systems' can be able to each other's game's now maybe not as they are there would have to be tweaks, but those tweaks may infact take so much time in effect your game would be a seperate version of the game some thing's like lighting would and physic's tectures, would no doubt have to be changed , than that does not even include if the game engine, or APis that you have on hand would allow you a good tweak, or port something's may not even work at all, while some may even work better.

as for being tapped..not even close for both platform's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

sure, why not

Kinect! who needs video games!

Isn't Gears one of the few games that makes use of the 360's extra RAM? So technically it isn't possible on the PS3. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to me, but yeah, Forza 3 probably isn't possible on the PS3 either. Also, anyone saying Uncharted 1 > Gears 2 graphically needs an eyecheck imo.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.