By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

Gears 2 looks like shit next to U2.. and especially KZ2..

screenshots are not good for PS3 games, but are always good for 360 games. Troll thread, isn't nice either.

mM
Around the Network
Barozi said:
I'd say yes.
But the reason we haven't seen that is because no first or third party studio really tried (apart from Turn 10 last year).
However this year it seems like the 360 exclusives will be around on par with the PS3 exclusives.

Tried.....what exactly? I'm curious. Rare and Lionhead seem to try hard when it comes to visual fidelity. And Epic with Gears 2. Why would they be lazy?

I agree with that last part though, looking at AW & Reach.

toastboy44562 said:
indodude said:
How did you conclude that the 360 produces better textures?

from playing both and looking at the pics. the best textures one the ps3 are on uncharted 2 and little big planet imo

really? If you actually played both, you wouldn't put GEARS 2 next to any of those games graphicly..

mM

They'd prolly do the engine differently on 360, with more or less details, but the main issue is the storage amount that these PS3 games are using these days, I hate disc swapping with a passion, and a 35 gig game with no FMVs will take 5+ DVDs on the 360, FUCK THAT!

Well this will be a nasty thread.. better put my goggles on..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

There is no way to ever know so there is really no need for this.. but i would say yes , things would have to be changed thats for SURE.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

The_God_of_War said:
Barozi said:
I'd say yes.
But the reason we haven't seen that is because no first or third party studio really tried (apart from Turn 10 last year).
However this year it seems like the 360 exclusives will be around on par with the PS3 exclusives.

Tried.....what exactly? I'm curious. Rare and Lionhead seem to try hard when it comes to visual fidelity. Why would they be lazy?

I agree with that last part though, looking at AW & Reach.

This thread is all about graphics obviously, so yes Rare and Lionhead certainly tried from an artistical point of view (where they also suceeded), however what I meant to say was tried to push the limits technically.

EDIT: Epic is not lazy, but they're certainly not known for releasing a new engine every 2 years or so. Regarding its place in the industry, that is an understandable move.

Munkeh111 said:
Can't we just all agree that they all look lovely? And not have this argument for the 1,000th time

leo-j said:
toastboy44562 said:
indodude said:
How did you conclude that the 360 produces better textures?

from playing both and looking at the pics. the best textures one the ps3 are on uncharted 2 and little big planet imo

really? If you actually played both, you wouldn't put GEARS 2 next to any of those games graphicly..

I'd put MGS4 up there as well since he put Gears 2.

But I agree with Munkeh111.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!