Forums - Gaming Discussion - A console made for girls. Would you buy it?

I was searching for "unpopular" consoles, and I found this one, the Casio Loopy. I never heard about it, so I decided to check it out.

According to Wiki, Casio Loopy was a 32-bit console released only in Japan, in October 1995. And what made it so special, you ask me? Well, it was a console targeted to female gamers. The Loopy includes a built-in thermal color printer that can be used to create stickers from game screenshots. An optional accessory, called Magical Shop, is a video capture device to obtain images from VCRs and DVD players.

Users may add text to these images and make stickers. Including Magical Shop's own built-in software, the Loopy game library contains 11 titles. The Loopy features one controller port for use with a standard game controller or with a mouse (sold separately). Developer Kenji Terada worked on Loopy Town no Oheya ga Hoshii!. Casio dropped the support of the console in 1996, only one year after its release.

Well, that doesn't look so bad. My girlfriend, if she existed, would probably like one, maybe the stickers would make it worthy. The concept of getting stickers from game screenshots looks neat, but since I'm a guy, I don't know if I would like it for myself.

The Loopy had a shot lifetime, only one year. What do you think killed it so early? Girls from VG Chartz, what do you think about this console?

Also,  I found this on youtube:

List of Games:

Anime Land
Bow-wow Puppy Love Story
Dream Change: Kokin-chan's Fashion Party
HARIHARI Seal Paradise
I Want a Room in Loopy Town!
Little Romance
Lupiton's Wonder Palette
Chakra-kun's Charm Paradise
Caricature Artist
PC Collecttion

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 30 December 2018

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Girls from VG Chartz

Come again?



Different times



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

mZuzek said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Girls from VG Chartz

Come again?

Yeah... I mean... They are real, right?



Ah, now I get why there are so few girl gamers. Not enough stickers.



Around the Network

Stealth "Who's a girl in VGChartz" thread.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mZuzek said:

Come again?

Yeah... I mean... They are real, right?

Girls aren't real. It's one giant conspiracy.

I would be interested in those features back in the day. Before the internet was really a thing, I would have loved to be able to print out stuff from Dragonball and Yu Yu Hakusho games.
But as always, extra features cost extra money. And they would not be important enough for me to warrant what probably translated to a noticeable price increase.



Flilix said:
Ah, now I get why there are so few girl gamers. Not enough stickers.

Such a simple solution, isn't it?



Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

According to Wiki, Casio Loopy was a 32-bit console released only in Japan, in October 1995. And what made it so special, you ask me? Well, it was a console targeted to female gamers. The Loopy includes a built-in thermal color printer that can be used to create stickers from game screenshots. An optional accessory, called Magical Shop, is a video capture device to obtain images from VCRs and DVD players.

That stuff with printer for screenshots and obtaining images from video is actually cool. Only 11 games is pretty bad though.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

According to Wiki, Casio Loopy was a 32-bit console released only in Japan, in October 1995. And what made it so special, you ask me? Well, it was a console targeted to female gamers. The Loopy includes a built-in thermal color printer that can be used to create stickers from game screenshots. An optional accessory, called Magical Shop, is a video capture device to obtain images from VCRs and DVD players.

That stuff with printer for screenshots and obtaining images from video is actually cool. Only 11 games is pretty bad though.

The small library doesn't matter. After all, the girls are more interested in the stickers than in the games!