By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A console made for girls. Would you buy it?

I'm not a girl so, no, I guess not, but I've noticed that a lot of games “aimed” at girls on, say, 3DS, appeared to be very unsophisticated, whereas girls who game want their games to be as good as the ones “aimed” at boys. Things like Animal Crossing or Tomodachi Life or Pokemon seem to have a universal appeal ... I'm not sure why you'd need a console targeted directly at one gender rather than the other.

Around the Network

I wouldn't buy it.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I find the concept stupid and offensive both to males and females alike.... and assume most others would think the same.

Ofc what do I know? also Im a guy so my opinion is probably mute.

Dumbest thing they released.

Wouldn't work now with equal rights and shit

Sordel said:
I'm not a girl so, no, I guess not, but I've noticed that a lot of games “aimed” at girls on, say, 3DS, appeared to be very unsophisticated, whereas girls who game want their games to be as good as the ones “aimed” at boys. Things like Animal Crossing or Tomodachi Life or Pokemon seem to have a universal appeal ... I'm not sure why you'd need a console targeted directly at one gender rather than the other.

^ same is true with God of War, or Uncharted, the Last of Us... ect.

Why wouldnt a girl enjoy a quality game? the same way as guys do? its odd to assume you need to make gender specific games or consoles.
Atleast it doesnt make sense for a older audience (imo).

This from a guy that has no issue playing the Atelier series of games (and rather enjoys it).

http://i.imgur.com/IktCYOK.jpg

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 31 December 2018

Around the Network

I might be wrong but aren't consoles made Unisex? I'm a guy so I'm just surprised to know that PS Move controls weren't make for females all these years. Thought they were trying to cater to the females who don't got things going on like us guy gamers :/

JRPGfan said:
Sordel said:

^ same is true with God of War, or Uncharted, the Last of Us... ect.

Why wouldnt a girl enjoy a quality game? the same way as guys do? its odd to assume you need to make gender specific games or consoles.
Atleast it doesnt make sense for a older audience (imo).

This from a guy that has no issue playing the Atelier series of games (and rather enjoys it).

http://i.imgur.com/IktCYOK.jpg

Atelier is hands down one of the most stressful games series to play but once you get the hang, it gets addicting. Take 4 steps and you spent one of your 365 days to get your adventure license and now you know you're screwed. I'm saying that as a male. That game is definitely more manly than kratos being Dragon Ball punched through a Beepin home to protect his bastard son

Sony did have a purple/pinkish PSP that they targeted toward teenage girls. I don't think it sold very well. I imagine most female gamers buy the same things as men. 

No, but ill buy a console made for boys

我是广州人

Teflon02 said:
I might be wrong but aren't consoles made Unisex? I'm a guy so I'm just surprised to know that PS Move controls weren't make for females all these years. Thought they were trying to cater to the females who don't got things going on like us guy gamers :/

Not all or not everywhere. Just look at this Brazilian variant of the Sega Master System: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Master_system_girl_transparent.png