By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
IxisNaugus said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
dampowell said:
Does Nintendo own the IP? I would love Nintendo to out-square square.

Nintendo patented the name - so yeah i think so.

They did!? Why the hell do i not remember this? I don't really wan't to be "That guy..." but you wouldn't happen to have an old link or something to confirm this would you?

Here you go: link

It indeed looks like you were right! Suddenly i'm even more excited, especially because of the genre and kind of game it'll likely be. I wonder how they'll market this in Japan and how well it'll do. Anyone know how long this has been in development?

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Bamboleo said:
Yes it is a Nintendo new IP.

Unlike Blue Dragon (that's a mistwalker IP)

As for Lost Odyssey I have no idea whether it is Microsoft's or Mistwalker's IP.

Both BD and LO are Microsoft IPs.

@Ixis

Sakaguchi's been posting on his blog about this game for almost 2 years. So I guess that long.

Blue Dragon is Microsofts IP? wasn't there a side story/spin off called blue dragon plus on the DS?

Soriku said:
Bamboleo said:

As for Lost Odyssey I have no idea whether it is Microsoft's or Mistwalker's IP.

@Ixis

Sakaguchi's been posting on his blog about this game for almost 2 years. So I guess that long.

I think microsoft paid Mistwalker to have an exclusive game, not to create an existing IP.

Blue Dragon is also on the DS.

Soriku said:
Lastgengamer said:
Soriku said:
Bamboleo said:

@Ixis

Blue Dragon is Microsofts IP? wasnt' there a side story/spin off called blue dragon plus on the DS?

Yeah, but they just allowed those games on the DS. You can see a MS trademark list here. BD and LO are listed.

Well that was nice that Microsoft allowed Mistwalker to do that.

Need more info :(

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Nintendo and FF creator, awesome!

i love RPG's, i hope it's good

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

What I'm happy about is really that, being a huge Smash Bros fan, this means new worlds and characters who can be in the next Smash. :)

Wanna see what this looks like.

Well having more RPGs never hurts! ^^ Lets hope more info comes out soon.

Lastgengamer said:

Thanks, Hero of Canton.

Jayne Cobb?

The Anarchyz said:
Darc Requiem said:
The Anarchyz said:
The game should be good, let's see what happens...

On a side comment, i'm really tired of some RPG names, most of them are like: Infinite, The Last, Final, Ultima (Last in spanish), End, Fate, etc.

Well I guess I'll have to scuttle my plans for a new RPG. I was going to call it Final End of The Last Fate: Ultima's Infinite Tale

How bout: The Last Infinite Saga: Ultima's Hope 'till the End of Final Fate

I like it. When do we start production