By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

Bamboleo said:
The Anarchyz said:
Bamboleo said:
The Anarchyz said:
The game should be good, let's see what happens...

On a side comment, i'm really tired of some RPG names, most of them are like: Infinite, The Last, Final, Ultima (Last in spanish), End, Fate, etc.

It also means last in portuguese and Italian :P

Love romance languages, you have one down and bam!, you learn 3 more in less than a year :P

Unlike Nihongo, i'm still not near speaking it fluently, much less writing and reading it (at least i can do kana and some kanjies) XD

Portuguese and Italian (along with Spanish may you say) are romance languages?

Chics in your town fall for that? 

Jajajajajajaja... ok, Neolatin languages, both of them are good titles for latin-derivated languages

And chicks in my town only fall for Italian (not even for French XD XD )

Around the Network

Adding this game to my wishlist!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
The Anarchyz said:
Bamboleo said:
The Anarchyz said:
Bamboleo said:
The Anarchyz said:
The game should be good, let's see what happens...

On a side comment, i'm really tired of some RPG names, most of them are like: Infinite, The Last, Final, Ultima (Last in spanish), End, Fate, etc.

It also means last in portuguese and Italian :P

Love romance languages, you have one down and bam!, you learn 3 more in less than a year :P

Unlike Nihongo, i'm still not near speaking it fluently, much less writing and reading it (at least i can do kana and some kanjies) XD

Portuguese and Italian (along with Spanish may you say) are romance languages?

Chics in your town fall for that? 

Jajajajajajaja... ok, Neolatin languages, both of them are good titles for latin-derivated languages

And chicks in my town only fall for Italian (not even for French XD XD )

Don't be modest Anarchyz. We all know you are the Tiger Wood's of VGChartz

I just had a thought... could Game Arts be the company contracted to co-develop The Last Story?  They've already worked closely with Nintendo before on Smash Brawl, they have tons of RPG experience with Lunar/Grandia, they make top notch gorgeous engines and they don;t seem to have any big projects lined up at the moments (just downloadables and another 2D Lunar remake)?  Thoughts?   Would it be a good match for Nintendo & Mistwalker's epic RPG?

@ jarrod

I really hope not. I'd rather see Game Art work on Lunar 3 and Grandia 4.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

I just had a thought... could Game Arts be the company contracted to co-develop The Last Story?  They've already worked closely with Nintendo before on Smash Brawl, they have tons of RPG experience with Lunar/Grandia, they make top notch gorgeous engines and they don;t seem to have any big projects lined up at the moments (just downloadables and another 2D Lunar remake)?  Thoughts?   Would it be a good match for Nintendo & Mistwalker's epic RPG?

It is possible (although I think with the game being "co-developed" that Nintendo is doing it internally), I would rather not see it. While Brawl was awesome, it's programming was a lot more sloppy then Melee's. It just didn't feel as tight and it felt like there were way too many dumb glitches. I attribute this to HAL being better developers.

g-value said:
@ jarrod

I really hope not. I'd rather see Game Art work on Lunar 3 and Grandia 4.

I've been waiting for a Lunar 3 since before I was old enough to drive a car. I'm 30 years old now. Lunar 3 will most likely never happen.

Smashchu2 said:
jarrod said:

It is possible (although I think with the game being "co-developed" that Nintendo is doing it internally), I would rather not see it. While Brawl was awesome, it's programming was a lot more sloppy then Melee's. It just didn't feel as tight and it felt like there were way too many dumb glitches. I attribute this to HAL being better developers.

In fairness, Brawl wasn't just GA.  It was a hodgepodge of staff, with people from Game Arts, HAL, Monolith, EAD and 20-something new hires (who probably went on to form the backbone of Project Sora).  And it has vastly more content than Melee.

jarrod said:

The game is practically already done, Nintendo most likely developed it themselves under MW's direction, TLS has been in development for a while.

Wyrdness said:
jarrod said:

The game is practically already done, Nintendo most likely developed it themselves under MW's direction, TLS has been in development for a while.

Which part of Nintendo then?  Honestly, it doesn't seem like anything the internal EAD/SPD groups would do... the way I can see this happening is if it's one of their subsidiaries or invested developers, like Monolith (who's busy with Xenoblade), Genius Sonority, Brownie Brown (busy working for L5/MMV), NdCube, etc.