By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS and Sony should give up the fight for marketshare. Agree?

MS and Sony should give up the fight for marketshare. Agree?

Yes 39 20.53%

Partially 33 17.37%

No 118 62.11%

Total:190

It's costly, and at this stage it's not going to determine much regarding software support. Third parties will continue to support both for the rest of the generation, and both companies have already sunk a huge amount of money into the fight. They may as well take it a little easier and make some profit. Both should focus on software and making themselves into competitors for the Wii.

If one continues to be aggressive and the other doesn't, they'll largely be only hurting themselves as despite the increase in hardware they would sell, software support is the biggest determinant in the console war and they'll both likely get much the same support from here on out.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

More consoles sold = more software...... buy i guess if you don't see that, that's ok.

Market share means everything to a company! More. More! MORE!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Wii has long won the war.....now seeing HD consoles going at each other is like watching Friday Night Sissy Fights^___^

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Well...

Sony NEEDED to make a fight for both profit's AND marketshare. Marketshare part seems to be working. Profit's are on the way...

Microsoft have profits, and want the bragging rights of 2nd place over Sony...

I want to bring Nintendo into this, and say something.

Nintendo have both the profits AND the marketshare locked down... Now instead of both profits and marketshare, they should be fighting for much, much more quality on the system.

Around the Network
Auron said:
More consoles sold = more software...... buy i guess if you don't see that, that's ok.

Yes, but at a cost. Neither is going to get a huge surge of support like the PS2 did, so the reward for winning marketshare is not as high as it was last gen.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Auron said:

Yes, but at a cost. Neither is going to get a huge surge of support like the PS2 did, so the reward for winning marketshare is not as high as it was last gen.

I agree with this is well

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
Wii has long won the war.....now seeing HD consoles going at each other is like watching Friday Night Sissy Fights^___^

lol more like pro fights, the sissy is the one watching

If Microsoft was fighting as hard for market share the Arcade would be $150 right now in the United States, but its not so obviously they have other ideas.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I don't know, The more consoles sold, in return the more software will sale, Sony and MS will both continue to do very well, MS has Halo Reach, Splinter cell, Sony has God of War 3 , GT5, Killzone 3, Res 3, Infamous 2, just to name a few, Both companies will keep doing well, I think Sony will continue to stay on top though.