By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS and Sony should give up the fight for marketshare. Agree?

MS and Sony should give up the fight for marketshare. Agree?

Yes 39 20.53%

Partially 33 17.37%

No 118 62.11%

Total:190
BrandonM said:
Wii has long won the war.....now seeing HD consoles going at each other is like watching Friday Night Sissy Fights^___^

OT: I think they should and worry more about making a profit then getting more consoles out there but I guess they have the mind state that they don't wanna "lose"

Around the Network
gamings_best said:
BrandonM said:
Wii has long won the war.....now seeing HD consoles going at each other is like watching Friday Night Sissy Fights^___^

lol more like pro fights, the sissy is the one watching

Well I can't disagree with the facts lol!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

A corp should stop fighting for the market...LOL!

No ms wants to get second, so let ms keep on competing.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

let them fight, it's better for us. they need to suck up to us and set the bar higher and higher

Around the Network

I hope it continues so they keep droping their prices. That's always a win for the customer!

Well I would say that is what MS did when Sony dropped the price of the PS3. MS decided to enjoy the profitability and allow the PS3 to gain some marketshare with little fighting back in 2009.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

halogamer1989 said:
A corp should stop fighting for the market...LOL!

Abandoning the fight for marketshare is not abandoning the market. But keeping up the fight is abandoning profit. Both companies are hurting themselves in order to take marketshare from the other, when there is no longer a realistic possibility of either company getting the surge of developer support that they are looking for.

And there are alternatives to competing for this market. They could try and compete for Nintendo's market, for example. Or, they could try create a new market (though, that may be a stretch for either company...).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Whatever option brings more games, exclusives the works is fine by me when it comes to the dual HD's.

Competition is good for us, becose of it we get price cuts, bundels, offers and good qality softwer.