By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gamings_best said:

really dude...................really LMAO!! I could have sworn the 360 was the cheapest console on the market...... like by 100$, come on man, how low must the 360 price be for people to buy it, 150? 100? lol and they say 360 is of better value I got my elite when it cost 400$ it has dropped to 300$ right after ps3 drooped to 300$ how is that not having a price cut.

face it bro 360 is just getting beat,............imo

and I'm gonna let you in on alittle secret, a lot of 360 only owners are now buying ps3's, every single one of my 360 only owner friends have or are in the process of doing so, however the same cannot be said for my ps3 only owner friends, the ones who are looking into another gaming machine are saving up for pc.

but you didn't hear that from me.....................you did not hear that from me -fades into the shadows- lol

NPD:

Average sale price Xbox 360: $261, average price last year? $260

Average ratio of Sony PS3s 120 vs 250GB 9:1.

Average sale price PS3 = $305-310, difference: $45-$50

Without any more data its pretty reasonable to assume the difference caused by the Arcade console units to be roughly matched by the difference the integrated Blu Ray drive and playback makes on the PS3.

Oh and anecdotes suck, I have friends who are just using their PS3s for Blu Ray and will be migrating back to playing PC games due to 3D, but its a useless anecdote.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
famousringo said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:
I wonder why just dance is selling so well?

Appealing concept + great promotion and advertising.  Too bad the game itself is evidently shit.

User reviews disagree. Customer reactions on Amazon and Metacritic are overwhelmingly positive, and I don't think that there's a better measure of game quality than user satisfaction.

Have you read those reviews? My favourite coming from a 40+ mom.

"The "professional" reviewers of this game are too jaded and are not taking this game for what it is-- it's not for your hardcore competitive shoot-em-up gamer..."

Sounds more like the usual nintendo-zealot than a 40+ mom. :)

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
dobby985 said:
leo-j said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

Appealing concept + great promotion and advertising.  Too bad the game itself is evidently shit.

there is a song called just dance, it was the 3rd best selling single song in europe, and is the best selling female single in history in the U.S

Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, flavour of the year etc... She will eventually go the way of Gwen Stefani and disappear.

yep, that's exactly why all her songs have gone #1.. and she is breaking pop records non stop .. Gwen stefani did none of that

IT doesn't matter. She is a pop artist. She'll dissapeared like most of them. It's the problem with this type of music. You get a few years of success, then get lost in the shadow. Is not the same as for example Metallica, they have been around for 25 years. Just look at Britney Spears... she shattered all records, and now she's struggling to get back to the picture

Kinda sounds like you hope she dissappears.. really sad.. she is the only thing in pop that is any good and actually has real talent.

No, I'm just telling the thruth. I like her, some of their songs are really good. Love the style too, even though it's kind of a "hey look at me I'm trying really hard to be different" thing, I like it.

Don't get me wrong, she is good, and she'll be around for a couple of years.. but just as britney, aguilera, gwen, jennifer lopez, lavigne, backstreet boys, Nsync, West life... and a bunch more in pop music, she'll just dissapered. Unless she pulls a Madonna or Michael Jackson surprise... which I really doubt

famousringo said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

User reviews disagree. Customer reactions on Amazon and Metacritic are overwhelmingly positive, and I don't think that there's a better measure of game quality than user satisfaction.

Users?? Pffff! what do they know??

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

@MRFENIX

Ofcourse 40 year old mom's would post reviews on a video game, why wouldn't they?

mM
Around the Network

360 is totally doomed

But war... war never changes

MRFENIX said:
famousringo said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

Have you read those reviews? My favourite coming from a 40+ mom.

"The "professional" reviewers of this game are too jaded and are not taking this game for what it is-- it's not for your hardcore competitive shoot-em-up gamer..."

Sounds more like the usual nintendo-zealot than a 40+ mom. :)

I thought this was one of the more intriguing ones:

While the game play mimics Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution style games, one thing sets this game apart: if you're not good at matching the dance moves, the song (and the game) keep going. You don't get interrupted, or have the song get cut short because you miss a certain number of moves.

What that means to players: you can play any of the songs, regardless of difficulty or effort rating, and make it through the entire song.

I know more than one person who loves DDR but hates the life bar. Getting high scores and full combos is fun, getting booed by the game or getting cut off by the life bar is not. It's a relic from DDR's arcade roots that Ubisoft was wise to dispose of. Those who just want to play don't have to fear failure, while those dedicated enough to push for a high score are free to do so.

As for zealous mothers, were you expecting them to be debating the finer points of Killzone 2 vs. Halo 3? They're going to be enthusiastic about the products that provide what they want. Reviewers have no respect for the expanded audience or interest in serving their needs, so the expanded audience has no respect for reviewers.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

In reference to 360 sales in others, for example in Spain you can find in some shops like www.game.es a 360 arcade for only 129,95 euros. That's even cheaper than the DS. Anyway, it has nothing to do against the Wii or the PS3 there.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
dobby985 said:
leo-j said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

there is a song called just dance, it was the 3rd best selling single song in europe, and is the best selling female single in history in the U.S

Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, flavour of the year etc... She will eventually go the way of Gwen Stefani and disappear.

yep, that's exactly why all her songs have gone #1.. and she is breaking pop records non stop .. Gwen stefani did none of that

IT doesn't matter. She is a pop artist. She'll dissapeared like most of them. It's the problem with this type of music. You get a few years of success, then get lost in the shadow. Is not the same as for example Metallica, they have been around for 25 years. Just look at Britney Spears... she shattered all records, and now she's struggling to get back to the picture

Kinda sounds like you hope she dissappears.. really sad.. she is the only thing in pop that is any good and actually has real talent.

Wait, wasn't that good ol' Nik Kershaw?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Demotruk said:

Last year:

DS 390,264

Wii 344,420

PSP 198,002

360 179,705

PS3 159,922

PS2 98,567

Wii slightly up YoY.

PS3 very strongly up YoY.

360 down somewhat.

Nice, Wii can go up and at the same time the total PS3+XB360 can grow too (YoY), coexistence is proven possible once again. Take this, Malstrom! 

Actually initially, the flight upmarket can coincide with higher sales for the incumbents, only to see it fall to the ground when they are impaled on the sword of disruption

If you so like to think... It could even happen, but the more time passes without Wii exceeding 50% total sales, the less likely disruption gets.

And don't forget that unlike PC market, that has continuity and allows MS to never release its iron grip, console market hasn't, it's split in generations and nothing can grant Wii2 the success and disruptive power Wii has, at most the biggest continuity element new gen can offer is BC, that greatly helps at start, but never did more. For what we know, 8th gen could even be partially or totally disrupted by Apple, or Nokia, or Sega, or Google... or Oracle (NOT, j/k! ), leaving MS, Sony and Nintendo with a blank look.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!