By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think the PSP will be under the Xbox 360 next week due to the boost its getting in Japan from Kingdom hearts.

Will Sony's hardware revenue be up YOY on the PS3 by next month? If they fall under 25% > than last years sales they will probably have lower hardware revenue by a few %. If thats the case then its unlikely that the system will pick up pace without some additional input like 3D selling major console numbers or Arc selling major console numbers.

If they fall under that 25% mark and stay there then its unlikely that the sales rate will ever be higher than this year up until the point where they released the slim and YOY sales fall. If thats the case then this year is the PS3s peak and I doubt that reducing the price to $199 in 20 months will yield higher sales than present.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network

Good numbers for the PS3 !

360 is last place worldwide behind the PSP for a third week in a row if I'm not mistaken, tough times for MS.

PSP beating 360 every week, not so bad for a "doomed" console.

I wonder why just dance is selling so well?

mM
kowenicki said:
monsterone said:
sony is becoming a playa' again. the quality of the ps3 should never had been in doubt. just had been to pricey for most. the ps3 will definately surpass 360 by the end of 2010

definitely you say?  doubt it.

do the maths and keep in mind we have just had a very well timed slim/price cut.

all consoles ahd a price cut :p

leo-j said:

Appealing concept + great promotion and advertising.  Too bad the game itself is evidently shit.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
MontanaHatchet said:
jarrod said:
Smeags said:

Just Dance had its best week in EU ever (126,953). EVER. This is after holiday sales. The game cannot be stopped.

Dance for your lives!

This game's really captured that casual Wii zeitgeist.  I look forward to seeing go on and dethrone Assassin's Creed as Ubisoft's best seller this generation...

Not going to happen, but would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Could happen.  Wii game will continue selling big (probably continuing to gain sales) and there's going to be the inevitable Natal/Arc ports to add on top.  

I think Ubi's hit paydirt.  The concept is something with massively wide appeal, and it's something that Nintendo hasn't already done better.  The only thing that could stop Just Dance imo is Wii Dance...

I doubt it. Ignoring the idea of some kind of port (which is speculation), this game would still need to sell about 7-8 million more, something which is incredibly difficult to do. Even Mario Party 8 didn't outsell Assassin's Creed, and that was with huge opening numbers as well as steady sales and long legs.

Xoj said:
kowenicki said:
monsterone said:
sony is becoming a playa' again. the quality of the ps3 should never had been in doubt. just had been to pricey for most. the ps3 will definately surpass 360 by the end of 2010

definitely you say?  doubt it.

do the maths and keep in mind we have just had a very well timed slim/price cut.

all consoles ahd a price cut :p

360 Arcade didn't.

jarrod said:
leo-j said:

Appealing concept + great promotion and advertising.  Too bad the game itself is evidently shit.

there is a song called just dance, it was the 3rd best selling single song in europe, and is the best selling female single in history in the U.S

mM
leo-j said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

there is a song called just dance, it was the 3rd best selling single song in europe, and is the best selling female single in history in the U.S

Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, flavour of the year etc... She will eventually go the way of Gwen Stefani and disappear.

dobby985 said:
leo-j said:
jarrod said:
leo-j said:

Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, flavour of the year etc... She will eventually go the way of Gwen Stefani and disappear.

yep, that's exactly why all her songs have gone #1.. and she is breaking pop records non stop .. Gwen stefani did none of that

mM