By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces motion controller release information

Hopefully the extra development period gives Sony the time necessary to think up a name.

Around the Network

I have a feeling they don't have enough software, because the hardware has been fine for months. This is probably a good move, but they have to market this as more impressive than Natal now. That means no usual Sony half ass attempt. They are going to have o go full out, and make this a media love child, and they have to beat Microsoft to it. At the moment MS is in the drivers seat with early marketing, So they better not be on there heals.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

It was supposed to come out in spring 2010 (So, like, 3 months), but they still didn't have a name or a release date.

This is the least surprising news I've heard all day.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Showertea said:
It was supposed to come out in spring 2010 (So, like, 3 months), but they still didn't have a name or a release date.

This is the least surprising news I've heard all day.

exactly

did not make any snese to realse the thing in 2 months without even naming the damn thing.

Im expecting both Natal and Sony Motion Controller(Arc?) to pull a "Wii Sports" and release with a collage of mini games. They might have a few full games though.

Hopefully MS has figured out how to get Natal to register black people by then.......

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I think Sony probably wants to release Arc just before MS releases Natal to somehow "steal" the huge marketing budget MS intends to use for Natal.

I really don't see how Arc or Natal will manage to compete with the Wii anyway... It's so late do that now. I see no casual gamer going out and buying a second console...

it only delays everything lolol

Hopefully this means they're working out something so that you don't have to hold a Dualshock in your other hand.

I thought Natal is releasing 4th quarter and PS3 wand the 3rd quarter :S

I thing the pushing back of its release can be argued both ways:

Pros- more time to have a better line up at launch, less competition from big games such as gow3, heavy rain, mag, dante's inferno, gt5, bioshock2 etc, will be released at a time when families shop for children (for xmas) and it may still be released before Natal.

Cons: may get released at sametime as Natal and get its ass whooped lol

a few of us were wondering last month if Sony will release the motion controller in Spring since there was no official news about it for a while or any new games shown for it. Now we get our answer.

At the same time, does that mean People in Japan would need to wait for 7 months to use motion controllers with RE5:AE (releasing on 02/18/2010)? That just seems odd.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Natal can't register black people:O?