By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2010

Barozi said:

Got some more for the 360:

Likely:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (933,799) and 3k each week (with EMEEA sales probably 4-5k))
Tomb Raider Underworld (942,056)
Bully Scholarship Edition (932,561) does always good during the holidays

Maybe:

NCAA Football 10 (924,775)

(I wrote down the exact sales number so we can determinate the weekly sales more precisely)

To be honest with you, besides WWE Smackdown (which is up there already ), I doubt any of those titles will hit a million this year. Maybe they will eventually, but I really doubt they'll make it for 2010. We'll see.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Barozi said:

Got some more for the 360:

Likely:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (933,799) and 3k each week (with EMEEA sales probably 4-5k))
Tomb Raider Underworld (942,056)
Bully Scholarship Edition (932,561) does always good during the holidays

Maybe:

NCAA Football 10 (924,775)

(I wrote down the exact sales number so we can determinate the weekly sales more precisely)

To be honest with you, besides WWE Smackdown (which is up there already ), I doubt any of those titles will hit a million this year. Maybe they will eventually, but I really doubt they'll make it for 2010. We'll see.

ah well didn't see it cause it wasn't bolded.

I still think that 3 of the 4 above mentioned games will make it

I'm entitled to change my mind next week, when I can take a look at the weekly sales.

Barozi said:

ah well didn't see it cause it wasn't bolded.

I still think that 3 of the 4 above mentioned games will make it

I'm entitled to change my mind next week, when I can take a look at the weekly sales.

Oh yeah, I could definitely be wrong, no argument there.

The holidays always bring some unexpected surprises when it comes to software sales, so I'm sure there will be a few games that either blow everyone's expectations out of the water or completely flop.

Also, it seems like there's 19 games on both the Wii chart and the 360 chart. Conspiracy!

PS3:

• Already Released and Obvious
    • Madden NFL 11 (It's at 590k in week 2. While not as strong as the 360 version, it'll hit a million this year.)
    • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (860k and selling 10k a week. Never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • MAG (It's at 900k and selling 5k a week. It's first Holiay boost should get it through to a million.)
  • Already Released and Questionable
    • Just Cause 2 (730k and still selling 14k a week. Has a good chane to hit a million this holiay season.)
    • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (It's at 800k and selling 10k a week. I think it has a good chance of hitting a million this year.)
    • Prototype (It's at 960k and selling 1.5k right now. A holiday boost could get it past the million mark.)
  • Not Yet Released and Obvious
    • Gran Turismo 5 (Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Main Line Call of Duty? Easy million.)
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (Like I said before, never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Even though it's an unnumbered sequel, it'll hit a million on the PS3 without much trouble.)
    • Medal of Honor (With its "Modern Warfare" setting and franchise popularity, MoH will be an easy million seller this holiday season.)
    • LittleBigPlanet 2 (The first, even with launch issues, sold a million with no sweat. LBP 2 will do the same, and also sweatless.)
    • Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Never. Underestimate.)
    • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Shift got a million last year, and I'm thinking HP can do it too, even with GT5.)
  • Not Yet Released and Questionable
    • FallOut: New Vegas (FallOut 3 hit a million on the PS3 in 10 weeks. Can this un-numbered sequel sell that amount with one less week?)
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The last Force Unleashed took 15 weeks to hit a million, so it'll be interesting to see how the sequel does.)
    • Dead Rising 2 (The original was a 360 exlusive, so it'll be interesting to see how the PS3 audience warms up to the sequel.)
    • Sports Champions (All depends on how Move does this holiday.)

Pretty good, Smeags. 

I'm dubious about the X360's Already Released and Questionable list.  I'm skeptical those titles will get enough of a holiday boost to make it.   Same with Rabbids Go Home and Harry Potter Years 1-4.  The former because another Rabbids game is on the way this year and the latter because that's just too big a hill to climb I think.  I'm also leary about Goldeneye 007 because of heavy compeition from what will likely be a superior experience from CoD: BO and the nastalgia buffs will pick it up early leaving shorter legs.  With PS3, I don't have much faith in the Already Released and Questionable list as well.  Of course cuts, new advertising and such could help give that needed boost to crack 1 m before 1/1/11.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Pretty good, Smeags. 

I'm dubious about the X360's Already Released and Questionable list.  I'm skeptical those titles will get enough of a holiday boost to make it.   Same with Rabbids Go Home and Harry Potter Years 1-4.  The former because another Rabbids game is on the way this year and the latter because that's just too big a hill to climb I think.  I'm also leary about Goldeneye 007 because of heavy compeition from what will likely be a superior experience from CoD: BO and the nastalgia buffs will pick it up early leaving shorter legs.  With PS3, I don't have much faith in the Already Released and Questionable list as well.  Of course cuts, new advertising and such could help give that needed boost to crack 1 m before 1/1/11.

Your doubts pretty much mirror my own.

I actually have a better feeling about Lego Harry Potter than Rabbids becasuse 1.) Lego games seem to have ridiculous legs, and 2.) It'll get a slight boost from the movie coming out in November. Heck, Lego Indy is only up there as well because of the Lego name.

GoldenEye... I think I'll take it off to be honest with you. With both BO and Conduit 2 coming out in the same month... it's just too much, especially if we're only talking about this year.

EDIT: Oh darn, I forgot Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit... I'd say if Shift could do it on the HD consoles, Hot Pursuit can easily do it.

I pretty much agree with the list Smeags

So going by Smeags count, a possible 19 for X360, and 18 for PS3wii?

FANBOY!!!!

Smeags said:

PS3:

• Madden NFL 11 (It's at 590k in week 2. While not as strong as the 360 version, it'll hit a million this year.)
    • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (860k and selling 10k a week. Never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • MAG (It's at 900k and selling 5k a week. It's first Holiay boost should get it through to a million.)
    • Just Cause 2 (730k and still selling 14k a week. Has a good chane to hit a million this holiay season.)
    • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (It's at 800k and selling 10k a week. I think it has a good chance of hitting a million this year.)
    • Prototype (It's at 960k and selling 1.5k right now. A holiday boost could get it past the million mark.)
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (Like I said before, never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Even though it's an unnumbered sequel, it'll hit a million on the PS3 without much trouble.)
    • Medal of Honor (With its "Modern Warfare" setting and franchise popularity, MoH will be an easy million seller this holiday season.)
    • LittleBigPlanet 2 (The first, even with launch issues, sold a million with no sweat. LBP 2 will do the same, and also sweatless.)
    • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Shift got a million last year, and I'm thinking HP can do it too, even with GT5.)
    • FallOut: New Vegas (FallOut 3 hit a million on the PS3 in 10 weeks. Can this un-numbered sequel sell that amount with one less week?)
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The last Force Unleashed took 15 weeks to hit a million, so it'll be interesting to see how the sequel does.)
    • Dead Rising 2 (The original was a 360 exlusive, so it'll be interesting to see how the PS3 audience warms up to the sequel.)

I agree with all what you said but I think you're missing some games that will obviously make it to 1 million.

Dragon Age: Origins (It surely will make it. Plus there's the highly rumored Ultimate version containing all the DLCs that should be released this fall)

Rock Band 2 might do it as well. It's questionable but it's so close. It doesn't help that there's no "Others" sales -.-

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift will make it that's sure. With the 3D patch, it will sell.

Wasn't Battlefield: Bad Company over a million at some point? Anyway I think it might do it.

Valkyria Chronicles might do it as well. Moderate chances.

Boutros said:
Smeags said:

PS3:

I agree with all what you said but I think you're missing some games that will obviously make it to 1 million.

Dragon Age: Origins (It surely will make it. Plus there's the highly rumored Ultimate version containing all the DLCs that should be released this fall)

Rock Band 2 might do it as well. It's questionable but it's so close. It doesn't help that there's no "Others" sales -.-

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift will make it that's sure. With the 3D patch, it will sell.

Wasn't Battlefield: Bad Company over a million at some point? Anyway I think it might do it.

Valkyria Chronicles might do it as well. Moderate chances.

GO BOUTROS!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey