By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2010

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:
Smeags said:

PS3:

• Already Released and Obvious
    • Madden NFL 11 (It's at 590k in week 2. While not as strong as the 360 version, it'll hit a million this year.)
    • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (860k and selling 10k a week. Never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • MAG (It's at 900k and selling 5k a week. It's first Holiay boost should get it through to a million.)
  • Already Released and Questionable
    • Just Cause 2 (730k and still selling 14k a week. Has a good chane to hit a million this holiay season.)
    • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (It's at 800k and selling 10k a week. I think it has a good chance of hitting a million this year.)
    • Prototype (It's at 960k and selling 1.5k right now. A holiday boost could get it past the million mark.)
  • Not Yet Released and Obvious
    • Gran Turismo 5 (Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Main Line Call of Duty? Easy million.)
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (Like I said before, never underestimate a Soccer/Football game on the PS3.)
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Even though it's an unnumbered sequel, it'll hit a million on the PS3 without much trouble.)
    • Medal of Honor (With its "Modern Warfare" setting and franchise popularity, MoH will be an easy million seller this holiday season.)
    • LittleBigPlanet 2 (The first, even with launch issues, sold a million with no sweat. LBP 2 will do the same, and also sweatless.)
    • Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Never. Underestimate.)
    • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Shift got a million last year, and I'm thinking HP can do it too, even with GT5.)
  • Not Yet Released and Questionable
    • FallOut: New Vegas (FallOut 3 hit a million on the PS3 in 10 weeks. Can this un-numbered sequel sell that amount with one less week?)
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The last Force Unleashed took 15 weeks to hit a million, so it'll be interesting to see how the sequel does.)
    • Dead Rising 2 (The original was a 360 exlusive, so it'll be interesting to see how the PS3 audience warms up to the sequel.)
    • Sports Champions (All depends on how Move does this holiday.)

I agree with all what you said but I think you're missing some games that will obviously make it to 1 million.

Dragon Age: Origins (It surely will make it. Plus there's the highly rumored Ultimate version containing all the DLCs that should be released this fall)

Rock Band 2 might do it as well. It's questionable but it's so close. It doesn't help that there's no "Others" sales -.-

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift will make it that's sure. With the 3D patch, it will sell.

Wasn't Battlefield: Bad Company over a million at some point? Anyway I think it might do it.

Valkyria Chronicles might do it as well. Moderate chances.

GO BOUTROS!

lol I just have too much ego to accept I made a bold prediction :P

But don't say it to anybody!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

I agree with all what you said but I think you're missing some games that will obviously make it to 1 million.

Dragon Age: Origins (It surely will make it. Plus there's the highly rumored Ultimate version containing all the DLCs that should be released this fall)

Rock Band 2 might do it as well. It's questionable but it's so close. It doesn't help that there's no "Others" sales -.-

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift will make it that's sure. With the 3D patch, it will sell.

Wasn't Battlefield: Bad Company over a million at some point? Anyway I think it might do it.

Valkyria Chronicles might do it as well. Moderate chances.

GO BOUTROS!

lol I just have too much ego to accept I made a bold prediction :P

But don't say it to anybody!

EVERYONE:

Boutros has too much of a ego to accept he made a bold prediction!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes, confirmed... Wii is doomed...

DK, Kirby, Epic mickey, Call of Duty BO, metroid OM, 5 more soon to be added to that list...   

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Mass Effect 2 should pass ME before 2011 as well.  Not too shabby but slower than expected.  I have serious doubts on Wake doing 1m this year but LT for sure.  Hope Boutros is right about Dragon Age Origins.  It deserves it for sure but I'm starting to feel abused by all the dlc.  Please make it stop!  269k on PS3 this year so another 80 looks doable.  Not sure if the bundle mentioned would include Awakenings but it should.  300k on two plats was a let down. 

The PS3 version of Vegas will hit the mark.  Not sure why the Am. pre-orders are 2:1 for 360 so far but that gap will shrink and actual WW sales will be more like 3:2 this year.  PS3 will claw some of that back long-term if recent trends continue.  F3 sold 383k this year for 2.27m total on Sony's box and 374k for 3.2m on 360 so that looks promising.   Maybe 1.7m vs 1.2 this year and 3.5m vs. 3.2 LT for 360.   That's if it reviews 89-91 meta and I hope those nos. are conservative.  

Thank you for a thought-provoking thread Mr. Smeagol.  Looking at WW yearly SW chartz is an eye-opener.  Ninty 1st party is tied at 51m with Activision and EA combined.  They can't be hurting too badly with that kind of revenue stream.  I see MW2 on PS3 has passed Halo 2.  No comment on quality or shootist trends.  Just saying  8.45m and counting is impressive.

Week Thirty Four! (Week of Redemption. Red Dead style)

Overall

• Top Ten:
    • Red Dead Redemption 360 (7th - Adjustment up!)
    • Red Dead Redemption PS3 (10th - Adjustment up!)

• Boo!

DS

• Ahh!

Wii

• Top Ten:
    • Wii Party (9th)

PS3

• I scared you!

PSP

• Top Ten:
    • MoHun (8th)
    • FIFA Soccer 10 (Out)

Around the Network

I love the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  !!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Hey Guys, Where do you all usually purchase your jerseys from ? I just came across this site www.nfl47.com and bought some jerseys and i realise they also have a price beating service to beat whichever site who is cheaper than theirs by 5% which i would like to take advantage of. So i can get the cheapest jersey on the market and their fast and good service on top of that. Have a nice day! :)

you also can contact them via:
MSN: wholesale009@hotmail.com

@MasterZack

Me Toooooooooooooo!!! (That wins this thread's most random post award. Well done. )

Week Thirty-Five! (Week of Football-mania!)

Overall

• Overall
    • Wii Sports Resort (4th - Big Adjustment)
  • The Rankings
    • 360 and PS3 are now tied for the total amount of Million Sellers, and are both one away from tying the Wii!.

• Top Ten:
    • Madden NFL 11 (9th)
    • Forza Motorsport 3 (Out)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Madden NFL 11

DS

• Zzzz....

Wii

• Top Ten:
    • Wii Sports Resort (3rd)

PS3

• Yawn...