By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2010

Week Thirty-Seven (Week of Spartans, Electric Rodents, and Micky Mouse RPGs)

Overall

• Top Ten:
    • Halo: Reach (6th)
    • Red Dead Redemption - PS3 (Out)
  • The Rankings:
    • Xbox 360 surpasses PS3 in the number of hardware sold
    • Xbox 360 surpasses PS3 in the number of million sellers (and is now tied with Wii!)

360:

• Top Ten:
    • Halo: Reach (1st)
    • Madden NFL 11 (9th)
    • Assassin's Creed II (Out)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Halo: Reach

DS:

• Top Ten:
    • Pokemon Black/White (2nd)
    • Dragon Quest IX (10th)
    • Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Out)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Pokemon Black/White

Wii:

• Poop! olol!

PS3:

• Top Ten:
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (8th)
    • Madden NFL 11 (9th)
    • MAG (Out)

PSP:

• Top Ten:
    • MoHun (5th)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Around the Network

Yesss!  I knew I chose the right box.  I'll celebrate now cause U2, GOW Collection and the PS3 Fifa are going over in the next few weeks.  Mag is at 918k as well.  No blockbuster but 1m is perfectly respectable.  Vegas and Fable 3 will pop for 360 shortly after launch.  Things will be getting a lot more interesting for ya real soon.  http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php  The yearly chart casts some light on the 'Wii is domed' meme.

@Recon 101

Yeah, Wii is having a(nother) good year as far as the big sellers are going. Still, it's nice to see all three consoles so close in the New million sellers category. I think October-December is going to provide some interesting results.

Week Thirty Eight (Week of Pigskin Parties)

Overall

• Top Ten:
    • Pokemon Black/White (8th)
    • God of War III (Out)
  • The Rankings:
    • Wii regains the sole position of 1st place in Million Sellers, while PS3 and 360 are once again tied!

• Zip! Zilch! Nada!

DS

• Top Ten:
    • Mario Kart DS (5th)

Wii

• Million Sellers:
    • Wii Party

PS3

• Top Ten:
    • Madden NFL 11 (8th)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Madden NFL 11

PSP

• Buncha Nothin!

Well,FIFA11  will be the next million seller  on PS3 this week(the 360 will be next week)

Week Thirty Nine (Week of Shakin' and Footballin')

Overall

• Top Ten:
    • Wii Sports Resort (3rd)
    • Halo: Reach (5th)
  • The Rankings:
    • PS3 overtakes 360 in total Million Sellers! The teeter-totter continues!

• Hola!

DS

• Como estas?

Wii

• Million Sellers:
    • Wario Land: Shake It!

PS3

• Top Ten:
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (7th)
    • God of War Collection (Out)
  • Million Sellers:
    • FIFA Soccer 11

PSP

• Bien! Y tu?

Around the Network

Impressive for Fifa 11 on PS3.  Gow Collection and Zelda ST for DS next week.  I don't see many of the 800 plus titles goiing over so it's mostly the new releases starting with Vegas on the 19th I guess.  I see UC2 and AC II for PS3 are winners again this year.  With the way AC has swung to Sony's box,  AC1 is around 1.1m in favour of 360 but for 2 it's just 200k,  Brothehood may do better LT on PS3.  Should be close to the 1m but 360 tends to be more front-loaded.  Nice nos. for Ubisoft.  Not many IPs have both versions hit 4m and Just Dance 2 will hit the mark easy.  Thank you Master Smeagol. 

Recon1O1 said:

Impressive for Fifa 11 on PS3.  Gow Collection and Zelda ST for DS next week.  I don't see many of the 800 plus titles goiing over so it's mostly the new releases starting with Vegas on the 19th I guess.  I see UC2 and AC II for PS3 are winners again this year.  With the way AC has swung to Sony's box,  AC1 is around 1.1m in favour of 360 but for 2 it's just 200k,  Brothehood may do better LT on PS3.  Should be close to the 1m but 360 tends to be more front-loaded.  Nice nos. for Ubisoft.  Not many IPs have both versions hit 4m and Just Dance 2 will hit the mark easy.  Thank you Master Smeagol. 

Yeah, Assassin's Creed is one of those games that made a big console demographic turn-around when the Slim/Pricecut hammer dropped. It's nice to see the two consoles see unique sales patterns from one another, especially since they share a huge majority of 3rd party titles. I agree with you in that Brotherhood may see a opening that's close or even surpasses the 360's opening (well, 360 games are known for their big openings, so it'll be interesting to see.). Still, I expect great legs for the PS3 version.

And you're very welcome Master Recon. It's good to see someone else that's interested in the thread.

Um... so before 3.0 I've been a lazy bum and added a game once the counter on the front page hit a million (for example: 1.00 or higher), but this isn't really the real story since this number rounds up.

For example, I've had FIFA Soccer 08 up since last year (1.00), but it just hit a million this past week. Also, a couple of you guys have been talking to me about this same issue, so... to make this thread even more awesome, I'll actually look into the legitimate numbers seen at the bottom of each game's page. This will mean that some games wont hit the million mark as soon, but then again... patience is a virtue.

Predictions-Wii

Just Dance 2

COD:Black Ops

Goldeneye Wii

DKCR

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Maybe Epic Mickey

Black Ops

Kinectimals

Kinect Adventures

PS3

GT5

COD:Black Ops

Sports Champions

Children of Eden

Good Lineup :)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Week Forty-One (Week of Football and Mania, Toy style!)

Overall

• Top Ten:
    • Halo: Reach (4th)
    • Pokemon Black/White (7th)
  • The Rankings:
    • The PS3/360 teeter totter teeter tots back to a tie for 2nd! Teeter-tastic!

• Top Ten:
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (9th)
    • Halo 3: ODST (Out)
  • Million Sellers:
    • FIFA Soccer 11

DS

• Zzzz...

Wii

• Top Ten:
    • Wii Party (8th)
  • Million Sellers:
    • Toy Story Mania