By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PROJECT NEEDLEMOUSE character countdown begins

Sega counting down Project Needlemouse's character lineup

Sega is either having a bit of fun with everyone's perception of the Sonic franchise ... or acting in line with it. The publisher posted the above image featuring a bunch of potential playable characters in the secretive downloadable Project Needlemouse, with the intention of crossing off one per day through Friday. In addition, Sega promises to cross more off in response to correct answers to Sonic trivia questions.

The fact that Sega is prepared to cross off more than five characters suggests that very few of the characters will be left at the end, and many of the characters are inconsequential NPCs in other games anyway. Our guess? The publisher is playfully referring to the near-universal hatred of the extended Sonic cast, to contrast the surprise reveal that Needlemouse has only one playable character.

And that character will be Froggy, the frog Big the Cat attempted to catch with a fishing pole in Sonic Adventure. Another guess can be seen after the break.

link:http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/11/sega-counting-down-p/roject-needlemouses-character-lneup

* This hints to the possibility that there will be more playable characters other than SONIC which should be too much of a surprise, but remember the SONIC Advance series is one the best SONIC series out there and it handful of characters. I expect all thsese charcaters to be crossed off just leaving sonic knuckles and tails,and just in case somebody is scared it isnt sonic:

it is.

Around the Network

Two characters were eliminated Charmy Bee and Chip.

No Tails or Knuckles?

Upsetting

Carl2291 said:
No Tails or Knuckles?

Upsetting

No they will be in by default...its a joke, wat do all these listed characters( excluding SONIC) all have in common?

Xxain said:
Carl2291 said:
No Tails or Knuckles?

Upsetting

No they will be in by default...its a joke, wat do all these listed characters( excluding SONIC) all have in common?

They suck ass.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Xxain said:
Carl2291 said:
No Tails or Knuckles?

Upsetting

They suck ass.

Stop stealing what im going to post!

@ Xxain, they suck ass.

badgenome said:
Xxain said:
Carl2291 said:
No Tails or Knuckles?

Upsetting

They suck ass.

thats the mean.. but realistically thats the answer... while knuckles and Tails are loved.. those guys sadly are universally hated

sonic, tails, knuckles, robotonick and metal sonic. there... i saved sega a few thousand there!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Why is it that ppl dislike shadow?

Metal Sonic has to be a boss.

Shadow being in the hated characters list makes me happy^^ Metal Sonic >>>>>>>>>>> Shadow

I LOVE ICELAND!