By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta vs Dante vs Kratos

Kantor said:
richardhutnik said:
What about Dante from Dante's Inferno?

Talk about Greek mythology or GTFO.

Since when does Bayonetta or Devil May Cry have anything to do with Greek Mythology?  Man, talk about biased!

Around the Network

What is Bayonetta based on? Is her back story any good?
If she is not based on anything that exists in reality then there is no context to determine how bad ass she is. In Greek mythology the God's were considered the most powerful beings in the world and that is who Kratos kills. I would like to know what context Bayonetta has to determine how bad ass she is. She is a witch I read somewhere. But is that it? I'd think in order to be a bad ass characters your creators should have to make a bad ass storyline to go with it, not just killing things. Is her story any good?

kratos, he's killing gods!

RVDondaPC said:
What is Bayonetta based on? Is her back story any good?
If she is not based on anything that exists in reality then there is no context to determine how bad ass she is. In Greek mythology the God's were considered the most powerful beings in the world and that is who Kratos kills. I would like to know what context Bayonetta has to determine how bad ass she is. She is a witch I read somewhere. But is that it? I'd think in order to be a bad ass characters your creators should have to make a bad ass storyline to go with it, not just killing things. Is her story any good?

The Titans were far more powerful than the Gods. They just had a few traitors in their midst. And, according to GoW, the Gods had the Blade of Olympus. More powerful than both would be Chaos.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Shouldn't it be Kratos vs Bayonetta vs Dante vs Dante?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Shouldn't it be Kratos vs Bayonetta vs Dante vs Dante?

vs Ryu, for good measure. But Ryu would probably faint, and Inferno Dante would start screaming and stabbing himself with needles.

naznatips said:
Ail said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ail said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Seriously, I'm betting every person in here saying Kratos has not played half way through Bayonetta. It's really like saying Iron man is just going to shoot Super Man with his missiles and machine guns and then Superman will be totally fucked, Iron Man ROXXORS! Kratos is not anywhere near as powerful NO WHERE NEAR as powerful as bayonetta. It is not a contest. If you think Kratos would win, it is because you are a Kratos fanboy and have not played Bayonetta. The power difference between the two is stark and blatantly obvious for anyone who has played bayonetta.

Bayonetta is cheap , not powerfull...

You can beat almost every single enemy using the same strat that requires no skill...

All you need is to push 1 button, no dodging, nothing required.. And that is the best action game of the gen.../sigh...

If you want to die... nor realize certain enemies are easier to beat with certain weapons and strategies... you only hit 1 button in the very easy mode lol its called 1 button mode for a reason

I'm talking normal mode...

Strat is very easy..

Run into a corner away from enemies and face the corner.

Charge katana triangle, unleash when enemies come on screen ( they will not attack you from offscreen).

Panther form, run away to another corner, rinse and repeat....

This gentlemen is the best action game of the gen.............

That does not work at all.... that's so ridiculously stupid that I can't possibly explain all the epic fail in this statement. Uh, I'll try.

Most areas you are fighting enemies don't have "corners"
Most enemies will never give you time to "stand in one place to charge up your katana."
Almost no enemies past the first 3 chapters ever lay off you long enough to let you run away.
Almost every enemy after chapter 3 has some sort of ranged attack.
Some enemies, even on normal, can easily kill you in 3-4 hits.
A good 1/4 of the enemies in the game fly, which makes the Katana's cross-slash useless.
At least 1/3 of the fights in the game are bosses, sub-bosses, or enemies so fast and aggressive that this strategy is unbelievably stupid.

Basically you've just made a strategy for the first 2 angels in the game... which you shouldn't need a strategy for anyway cause they are trash mobs, and which is completely ineffective against anything after that.

And even ignoring all of this hard mode enemies have 4 times the health, do 3 times the damage, are faster, more aggressive, and have new moves.

Watching a youtube video then posting about a game you've never played = giant fucking loss.

It works up to chapter 13 normal which is where I am at right now...

You can run away from any enemy using panther form, none moves faster than that form...

You don't need a corner, just position yourself so that you are facing a wall and not the enemy, they will not damage you if they are not on your screen...( provided you were not on screen when they started their attack).

Fully charged katana takes half the life of grace and glory in normal mode ( and those aren't stupid easy enemies, they are actually some of the fastest enemies in the game).

Basically once you get offscreen the AI gets confused and either walks slowly toward you and wait they are on your screen to initiate an attack or ports back on top of you but in both cases you have plenty time to unleash an attack .

Before criticizing, try it and you will be surprised...

PS : I cleaned the Alfheim portal with limited kicks/punchs in 4 punch with this strat..

PS2 : Same strat works for fliers, just jump and keep triangle pushed, you will not hit the ground before you release triangle...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
naznatips said:
Ail said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ail said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Seriously, I'm betting every person in here saying Kratos has not played half way through Bayonetta. It's really like saying Iron man is just going to shoot Super Man with his missiles and machine guns and then Superman will be totally fucked, Iron Man ROXXORS! Kratos is not anywhere near as powerful NO WHERE NEAR as powerful as bayonetta. It is not a contest. If you think Kratos would win, it is because you are a Kratos fanboy and have not played Bayonetta. The power difference between the two is stark and blatantly obvious for anyone who has played bayonetta.

Bayonetta is cheap , not powerfull...

You can beat almost every single enemy using the same strat that requires no skill...

All you need is to push 1 button, no dodging, nothing required.. And that is the best action game of the gen.../sigh...

If you want to die... nor realize certain enemies are easier to beat with certain weapons and strategies... you only hit 1 button in the very easy mode lol its called 1 button mode for a reason

I'm talking normal mode...

Strat is very easy..

Run into a corner away from enemies and face the corner.

Charge katana triangle, unleash when enemies come on screen ( they will not attack you from offscreen).

Panther form, run away to another corner, rinse and repeat....

This gentlemen is the best action game of the gen.............

That does not work at all.... that's so ridiculously stupid that I can't possibly explain all the epic fail in this statement. Uh, I'll try.

Most areas you are fighting enemies don't have "corners"
Most enemies will never give you time to "stand in one place to charge up your katana."
Almost no enemies past the first 3 chapters ever lay off you long enough to let you run away.
Almost every enemy after chapter 3 has some sort of ranged attack.
Some enemies, even on normal, can easily kill you in 3-4 hits.
A good 1/4 of the enemies in the game fly, which makes the Katana's cross-slash useless.
At least 1/3 of the fights in the game are bosses, sub-bosses, or enemies so fast and aggressive that this strategy is unbelievably stupid.

Basically you've just made a strategy for the first 2 angels in the game... which you shouldn't need a strategy for anyway cause they are trash mobs, and which is completely ineffective against anything after that.

And even ignoring all of this hard mode enemies have 4 times the health, do 3 times the damage, are faster, more aggressive, and have new moves.

Watching a youtube video then posting about a game you've never played = giant fucking loss.

You can run away from any enemy using panther form, none moves faster than that form...

You don't need a corner, just position yourself so that you are facing a wall and not the enemy, they will not damage you if they are not on your screen...( provided you were not on screen when they started their attack).

Fully charged katana takes half the life of grace and glory in normal mode ( and those aren't stupid easy enemies, they are actually some of the fastest enemies in the game).

What does this even have to do with the discussion? It's Bayonetta the witch vs. Kratos not Bayonetta the game vs. God of War.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Ail said:

What does this even have to do with the discussion? It's Bayonetta the witch vs. Kratos not Bayonetta the game vs. God of War.

It's a digression. This thread's had a few. But mine and Khuutra's was the best.

Kantor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Ail said:

It's a digression. This thread's had a few. But mine and Khuutra's was the best.

No, he quoted vagabond's post about Bayonetta being stronger with a bunch of crap that Ninja Gaiden and DMC fanboys usually use against God of War. "lul, you use teh one attack to get through the whole game".