By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118

I think if Zelda Wii can magically manage to achieve what OOT did, then it could be on the list as one of the greatest games ever made. I almost cried when I saw WW though and then Spirit Tracks. It hurt me even more when I got to play them. TP had the right idea on visuals and seemed to almost get it on gameplay but still lacked that ummmph that would have made it a great one.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:
I think if Zelda Wii can magically manage to achieve what OOT did, then it could be on the list as one of the greatest games ever made. I almost cried when I saw WW though and then Spirit Tracks. It hurt me even more when I got to play them. TP had the right idea on visuals and seemed to almost get it on gameplay but still lacked that ummmph that would have made it a great one.

What don't you like about Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker compared to OoT and TP?

it'll be an on rails shooter

My guess is that this version will be more action oriented, like the parts on Twilight Princess with the 20 monsters you had to kill in the deserted town, and more things to do in Hyrule, and more events (such as the one I mentioned earlier). Atleast that's what I'd like. From a gameplay standpoint, I'd predict a deeper combat system with blocking, positioning of the sword, and area of the attack to take place. Sounds great with Wii Motion Plus to me.

Am I ready? It had not occurred to me yet that I needed to prepare! So no, I am not ready. Thanks for the early warning though. I have months to build my bunker now. ;)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Well I've been a big Zelda fan from the beginning.  I've played just about every Zelda game, and loved every single one of them, even when Nintendo tried something weird like The Adventure of Link, which I think is highly underrated.  But with this new Wii game, I don't know, Nintendo lost me.  They dumbed it down too much and casualized it.  Motion+ was nice and all, but I didn't really want to jump all around my living room just to play a Zelda game, and now my Wii's just collecting dust.  I should've sold it since there wasn't a single good game worth owning since Metroid Prime 3, which is my favorite game this generation.

... Yes... I am ready.

Gotta love your posts.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I have yet to play a zelda game i didn't like. I am eager for E3.

Khuutra said:
@Demotruk:

Re-marketing Spirit Tracks as a Layton-style bridge title later on in its life is one of its stated purposes, and I imagine they could pull it off with its more logic-based puzzles

@Gnizmo:

I'm going to ask you, kindly, pleadingly, to play the game before you start whining about it. Please. Please

There is a good chance I will buy the damn game day one even if Nintendo sends a guy out to repeatedly kick me in the nuts at the time of sale. I have to give the series a chance. Still, until that happens I won't bitch overly loudly about many of the features. I do reserve the right to go nuts for no more than 3 threads if a feature I loathe is announced, and the right to whine, in a generic way, about said feature if I have something else relevant to say on the topic regardless of the amount of time I may, or may not have played the game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

The best thing they can do for the series is make it difficult. I expect Motion+ to turn out really good, although I do know inspite of that, some people just don't want motion controls. Regardless of that, making the game alot more difficult would be sure to attract a big portion of skeptics with the series. I really hope the super guide makes its way to Zelda Wii. That would honestly save Zelda from Nintendo's new "casual" goal.

Eiji - apparently - tried to make Twilight Princess harder than Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure if he suceeded, mostly because the boss battles were too easy.

Hmm I have to admit the Twilight Princess whining really surprised me – just because it didn’t go out of the way to be different (plus it was pretty epic). But yeah I'm ready, every title seems to provoke a small group of whiners, there’s a simple solution – ignore them. I can understand people simply stating “I didn’t like this part” but often it’s the whole melodramatic “worst Zelda game ever!!!” and I just don’t have the time for it.