By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118

@Bacon Yes, yes it is.

@Hisiru I'm glad I'm not alone

@Blacksaber I can't wait, -prepares for his future wack with the ban hammer-

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

No. I'm never appropriately prepared for the internet explosions, even though i probably should be.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Helios said:

I see. So, if we posit that cathering to the expanded audience is key to entering gaming into general society, what makes you think Zelda Wii won't fill that role?

By the way, I'm sorry if I come off as belligerent, I'm just curious as to what your reasoning is.

Simply that nothing he has said, in Iwata's Asks interviews, etc, or any of the games he has had major roles in inspire in me any confidence that he knows how to make that kind of game. He could prove me wrong, but I'm not expecting him to.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Ready for it? I am gearing up to be a part of it! I loathed almost all the changes in Phantom Hourglass. It scarred me so badly I can't even force myself to buy Spirit Tracks. It was even difficult for me to throw in my Gamefly queue.

To you people who think it won't exist, I tell you I will not be alone. I have severe issues with many things being proposed for the new Zelda. I will readily bitch loudly, and repeatedly. I don't want to hate the game. I want to love it. I want to be brought back into the fold of Zelda lovers. I want it to recapture the magic of Link's Awakening, 4 Swords, or Wind Waker. Any of those styles would satisfy, but I don't have any faith left in me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Demotruk:

Re-marketing Spirit Tracks as a Layton-style bridge title later on in its life is one of its stated purposes, and I imagine they could pull it off with its more logic-based puzzles

@Gnizmo:

I'm going to ask you, kindly, pleadingly, to play the game before you start whining about it. Please. Please

Around the Network

We'll see how that works out. I haven't yet got the game so I can't make a judgment on it yet.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
We'll see how that works out. I haven't yet got the game so I can't make a judgment on it yet.

Well I mean it's on rai-BLAGH I HAVE BEEN SHOT

Sometimes I wonder what changed about Zelda. These days, people say OoT was overrated, and now they dislike games that mimic OoT in terms of linearism, difficulty, ect. I don't really think games like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess failed to be sucessors of OoT - I just think alot of Zelda fans realized they wanted it to go back to the origins of ALTTP, not just OoT, and want their regular button controls again along with difficulty (that may just be the main issue). However, time is moving. Someday, there won't be regular button controllers anymore at all. When that time comes, that complaint will be about video games in general, NOT just Zelda.

The more popular a series, the more hate there is for it inspite of that love. Look at Final Fantasy.

It's gonna be awesome, thread closed

The poll is stupid, it presumes there will be a backlash and asks you if you will be ready for it. This is a Nintendo game, the game will be awsome and any changes will be worth it.