By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118

I think enough hit will be this announcement in Nov:
The game will release in february

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I think enough hit will be this announcement in Nov:
The game will release in february

Actually, I'm curious on how Zelda will go up against the next Call of Duty. If it is out in November.

It won't wipe the floor like with NSMB.Wii... but now I guess neither game would be affected. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:
Knowing me, I'll probably be part of the backlash.

Given the three schools I outlined (humor me, would ya kindly), which is the school you prefer most?

Well, I only started playing the Zelda's since Wind Waker, and I've enjoyed all that I've played, but when I went back to play Ocarina, even though it's supposed to be the best, I got bored of it half way through.

I wouldn't be 'lashing back' out of personal preference though, I just want to see them make a really big bridge game out of Zelda, and I have a feeling Zelda Wii will fail in that regard, hence I will be highly critical.

I guess the natural follow-up question to that declaration is: Why and why?

As for me, years of roaming various Zelda boards have dulled my senses to the backslash of the fans. I swear there is an anti-fan in every Zelda fan.

it will be the same as other 3d games in the puzzles and that School as you say, it will just ALSO add in puzzles that deal with motion, like zak and wki. not saying to that extent, but imagine metroid 3, maybe a bit more.

and who cares about the bashing, the entire world could hate the game and i wouldn't care as long as I liked it.

Yes. I am always ready to laugh at the nerd-rage of others.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Helios said:

I guess the natural follow-up question to that declaration is: Why and why?

As for me, years of roaming various Zelda boards have dulled my senses to the backslash of the fans. It's almost like there is an anti-fan in every Zelda fan.

Because I'm tired of gaming being only a sub-culture, there is no fundamental reason people need to be separated into gamers and non-gamers any more than viewers and non-viewers. Something like Zelda Wii actually has massive potential to be that sort of bridge, and I think Iwata wants to position it as such.

Why I don't think it will happen? Because I have no faith in Aonuma to make a bridge title. Everything he says implies to me that he doesn't know how to do it.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:

Because I'm tired of gaming being only a sub-culture, there is no fundamental reason people need to be separated into gamers and non-gamers any more than viewers and non-viewers. Something like Zelda Wii actually has massive potential to be that sort of bridge, and I think Iwata wants to position it as such.

Why I don't think it will happen? Because I have no faith in Aonuma to make a bridge title. Everything he says implies to me that he doesn't know how to do it.

Aonuma may not really know how, but there is a man who supervises every Zelda game in some capacity, who lays out gameplay concepts, who is very good at making bridge titles

Any game that is different gets a group of people who won't accept it because it is different. That is why we have Halo 3 and MW2

There is a slim chance I'll be part of the backlash, though I doubt it. I've loved every console Zelda yet.

I'm almost certain there will be some parts of the game that bother me, though - recently I've been more and more sensitive to stuff like cinematics that are "in the way." I guess I value my time more valuable than I used to, so it's easier to notice when I'm not enjoying myself. So, if there are mandatory cutscenes, I either should be able to skip them, or they better be damn good!

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever backlash the game receives. My favorite games aren't loved by all as it is, anyway. Hell, at this point I'd say those who prefer the Wii should be used to any kind of backlash.

c0rd said:

There is a slim chance I'll be part of the backlash, though I doubt it. I've loved every console Zelda yet.

I'm almost certain there will be some parts of the game that bother me, though - recently I've been more and more sensitive to stuff like cinematics that are "in the way." I guess I value my time more valuable than I used to, so it's easier to notice when I'm not enjoying myself. So, if there are mandatory cutscenes, I either should be able to skip them, or they better be damn good!

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever backlash the game receives. My favorite games aren't loved by all as it is, anyway. Hell, at this point I'd say those who prefer the Wii should be used to any kind of backlash.

Nintendo is traditionally good at this - I know you can skip any cutscene in Twilight Princess, but I don't remember if you can in Spirit Tracks.