By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118
Rainbird said:
Khuutra said:

I suppose I didn't consider this question from the perspective of non-fans.

But now I am curious: why don't you care?

Never played a Zelda game. I'm sure they're great, and I plan on getting Spirit Tracks once I find it at the right price, but right now, I couldn't care less.

That would do it

Around the Network

I won't care as long as there are lots of temples, an epic story, and no radicall change fron gameplay apart from wii motion plus add-on (no fpzelda, no weapon changing like the portable, no horse seat)

morenoingrato said:
I won't care as long as there are lots of temples, an epic story, and no radicall change fron gameplay apart from wii motion plus add-on (no fpzelda, no weapon changing like the portable, no horse seat)

Yeah

You better get ready to be part of the backlash, I guess

Knowing me, I'll probably be part of the backlash.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I'm not, I can't fully grasp idea of people not liking how Zelda Wii is going to be.

If there is backlash though, it'll only last until the release, and then everybody shut the hell up when they realize how awesome it is.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
morenoingrato said:

Yeah

You better get ready to be part of the backlash, I guess

4th School of Zelda will be ENORMOUS.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Nah, Why would nintendo ruin the series.... they're not making it on-rails or something... or... they are?

Demotruk said:
Knowing me, I'll probably be part of the backlash.

Given the three schools I outlined (humor me, would ya kindly), which is the school you prefer most?

I'm prepared. Most Nintendo games, especially nowadays, will recieve backlash. There will *always* be a very vocal group of people who will find something they do not like about a game, and moreso with Zelda.

Look at the backlash WW got, especially when it was unveiled. Then Nintendo created TP, but quite a few people dismissed the game for being too much like OOT. After WW, many fans were crying out for a new, more realistic approach, in the vein of OOT. Nintendo gave them just that with TP, yet people complained because it was too similar to OOT. I'm 100% certain that if Nintendo had done the 'realistic' style for TP, yet had somehow completely revamped the rest to be different from OOT, and offer something fresh, people would have cried and complained it wasn't enough like their dear old OOT. There's just no pleasing some people.

This time around, I bet most reviews will praise the game for trying new, innovative stuff and mixing things up, but somehow hammer it because of the graphics. Because it's on Wii. I'm certain the game'll be beautiful, and in fact one of the, if not THE best looking game on the console, leaps beyond TP. Yet people will compare it to HD games and whine. Which is just silly, it's not like people compared PS1 to Dreamcast games either at the time.

I couldn't care less. I have faith in Nintendo, and I've loved every Zelda game they made so far to bits. I'm sure Zelda Wii will be awesome beyond words, and I've learned not to listen to wining fanboys nor biased 'professionals' long ago.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

You know Khuutra, this has been something that was in the back of my mind last year and in 2008. It seemed completely part of linearity.

True, Zelda fans can be very bitchy but it depends on the time and circumstance. I believe you could be right, but that depends on a number of different things including where all platform holders go.

If Zelda Wii was unveiled last year, or in 2008, I think the backlash would be almost impossible to avoid.

There's a lot of expectation right now but it's not negative, it's not the type where the game can't be anything other than what one person wants, and everybody wants something different. Last year people were like that, but this year I don't think so.

The momentum has changed, partly due to Spirit Tracks laying down a visible spectrum from which to draw expectation, potentially whacky ones. And also because Nintendo announced other games like Galaxy 2 and Metroid, so not as much energy is on Zelda anymore.

You're potentially right, but you would have been absolutely right a year or two ago. However presently you could be wrong, which is a good thing. Obviously Microsoft will buy a bunch of press and viral marketers to try orchestrating a backlash like they always do, but I'm not sure it will fly too well. And even if it does, eventually it will settle down.

Remember "Wii"?