By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118

I'm surprised you didn't use Cel-da in your examples of fan backlash. Man, there were some good times back then.

Turns out it's my second favorite Zelda game. So on that note, I'm ready to embrace what Aonuma and Nintendo present to us at this year's E3.

Speaking of change... who else is excited to see Nintendo using WiiMotionPlus in a "traditional" game setting? I mean, I can only imagine how the device will be used in Zelda Wii (and let's not forget about Red Steel 2... now that looks promising!). For now, all I can do is boot up Wii Sports Resort, pick the archery/swordplay game... and use my Link Mii.

Can't wait. If the backlash is anything like when Nintendo chose Wii as its console's name... great times are ahead.

Around the Network

i also believe many fans will say a lot about the change in zelda wii.but i think that they were the same that said that zelda needed a change so they must have their arms open and welcome it.my personal opinion is that zelda is fine with the formula it already has but iam open to new ideas.iam following zelda games since the first zelda on nes and i love the francise.i do not know what changes will be made or if they are will be any but iam certain for one thing.all zelda games have are top quality games so i do not worry.

I hope yes. But i really don't want this radical chage in the serie. The first Zelde i've played was OoT, and then i played all of them, and i love them. My point is, i think im not ready for this change that seems is gonna be beyond its controls.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
MasterZack said:
I hope yes. But i really don't want this radical chage in the serie. The first Zelde i've played was OoT, and then i played all of them, and i love them. My point is, i think im not ready for this change that seems is gonna be beyond its controls.

If you've played all of them, then you are cognizant of a lot of change that go beyond controls.

Khuutra said:
Demotruk said:
Knowing me, I'll probably be part of the backlash.

Given the three schools I outlined (humor me, would ya kindly), which is the school you prefer most?

Well, I only started playing the Zelda's since Wind Waker, and I've enjoyed all that I've played, but when I went back to play Ocarina, even though it's supposed to be the best, I got bored of it half way through.

I wouldn't be 'lashing back' out of personal preference though, I just want to see them make a really big bridge game out of Zelda, and I have a feeling Zelda Wii will fail in that regard, hence I will be highly critical.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

The way that I decide if a game is good or not, is by playing it to see if it is good or not. I'm not one of those people who say "This Zelda game isnt OoT so I hate it!" I like Windwaker and Twilight Princess inclemently more than OoT, I wish I had a DS to play the mobile Zeldas.

Demotruk said:

Well, I only started playing the Zelda's since Wind Waker, and I've enjoyed all that I've played, but when I went back to play Ocarina, even though it's supposed to be the best, I got bored of it half way through.

I wouldn't be 'lashing back' out of personal preference though, I just want to see them make a really big bridge game out of Zelda, and I have a feeling Zelda Wii will fail in that regard, hence I will be highly critical.

Aaaahhhhhhh.

See, I expect this to be a bridge title, myself, but I don't necessarily "want" that any more tha I want it to be a "core" title. I'm more curious about how it will turn out than anything - though if it is a bridge title, I would be happy because it will undoubtedly sell more that way.

There is backlash for every Zelda game. People got angry about Wind Waker for being too different and Twilight Princess for being too much of the same haha. I try not to listen to most of that and just see what one of the best development teams in the gaming industry will show and offer us and hopefully love and enjoy it just as much as the other ones. Can't wait for E3.

As long as the game is awesome beyond my wildest dreams, (and I know it will be), my ears will be deaf to unnecessary whinning. Especially when it comes from posters who have never even touched a Zelda game (and boy are they obvious). I'll remain a loyal fan as long as the franchise maintains its quality and Zelda doesn't start appearing in lingerie.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

I'm looking forward to the game. I don't care who decides to whine about it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!