By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%

No. 36 30.51%

Total:118
lvader said:
The poll is stupid, it presumes there will be a backlash and asks you if you will be ready for it. This is a Nintendo game, the game will be awsome and any changes will be worth it.

When was the last time any hyped game didn't have some sort of backlash, whether it's Gears 2 and complaints of multiplayer balancing, GTAIV and complaints of, well, a lot of stuff. This is especially true for big Nintendo franchise, and moreso for Zelda.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I have my anti-backlash sword and shield ready. I've seen it happen to every game since Majora's Mask. I'm so accustomed to it that I've developed a strategy for dealing with them: hit and run.

I will go into the heart of the whining and tear them a new one with my biting wit along with a helping hand of facts & logic and just a spice of STFU. After tearing them a new one, I will run. I will run fast. And then, while they are up in arms cursing the game, I will play and enjoy it for the next few hours. After experiencing euphoria, I will repeat the process until the backlash isn't so strong anymore.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Well I've been a big Zelda fan from the beginning.  I've played just about every Zelda game, and loved every single one of them, even when Nintendo tried something weird like The Adventure of Link, which I think is highly underrated.  But with this new Wii game, I don't know, Nintendo lost me.  They dumbed it down too much and casualized it.  Motion+ was nice and all, but I didn't really want to jump all around my living room just to play a Zelda game, and now my Wii's just collecting dust.  I should've sold it since there wasn't a single good game worth owning since Metroid Prime 3, which is my favorite game this generation.

... Yes... I am ready.

Hahaha I love it!  They always start off with their love for Nintendo and how they've been fans since 1888.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Well I've been a big Zelda fan from the beginning.  I've played just about every Zelda game, and loved every single one of them, even when Nintendo tried something weird like The Adventure of Link, which I think is highly underrated.  But with this new Wii game, I don't know, Nintendo lost me.  They dumbed it down too much and casualized it.  Motion+ was nice and all, but I didn't really want to jump all around my living room just to play a Zelda game, and now my Wii's just collecting dust.  I should've sold it since there wasn't a single good game worth owning since Metroid Prime 3, which is my favorite game this generation.

... Yes... I am ready.

Wait..what? Are you talking about Twilight Princess, or Zelda Wii? And how do you know Zelda Wii is "dumbed down" if you haven't played it yet? and if you are talking about Twilight Princess, it was a gamecube game in all honesty ported to the wii, and it didn't have Motion+. It was easy, but you said you enjoyed every Zelda title before the Wii one(s), and Wind Waker is just as easy, if not easier, than Twilight Princess.

As for Zelda Wii, we know barely anything yet.

Roar_Of_War said:

Wait..what? Are you talking about Twilight Princess, or Zelda Wii? And how do you know Zelda Wii is "dumbed down" if you haven't played it yet? and if you are talking about Twilight Princess, it was a gamecube game in all honesty ported to the wii, and it didn't have Motion+. It was easy, but you said you enjoyed every Zelda title before the Wii one(s), and Wind Waker is just as easy, if not easier, than Twilight Princess.

It's a parody.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Roar_Of_War said:

It's a parody.

Oh..is it? I guess I needed a bigger hint xD;

BoleroOfFire said:
As long as the game is awesome beyond my wildest dreams, (and I know it will be), my ears will be deaf to unnecessary whinning. Especially when it comes from posters who have never even touched a Zelda game (and boy are they obvious). I'll remain a loyal fan as long as the franchise maintains its quality and Zelda doesn't start appearing in lingerie.

How would that be a bad thing? 

OT:  There's no doubt there will be backlash.  Every high-profile Nintendo game this gen has had backlash.  There will be backlash from fans who can't be pleased, viral marketers and people who were just expecting something different than we get.

However, this shouldn't be confused with people who have some legitimate dislikes of certain aspects of the game, but have an overall satisfaction with it.  I thought OoT was too easy, but overall, I enjoyed it immensely.  I didn't care for the character designs and sailing portions of WW and thought it was too short.  However, I absolutely love it.  TP's overworld was extremely barren and empty, it was too easy (except for the Goron guard in the Goron Mines, that dude pisses me off) and the last two dungeons felt cut short.  Otherwise, it's one of my favorite games.  I'm sure there will be something about the new one I will not care for, but I know I will love it.

Now that said, I wonder if the game will prompt another "Nintendo is lazy" type meltdown from IGN and the other game "journalists."  I know it will piss me off, but I will have to remind myself that I shouldn't care about the opinions of a vocal minority of man-children who probably lost their virginity to a Lara Croft blow up doll.

I stole that argument from the future. Somebody will make it. The mystery is trying to find out who...

What about people with legitimate dislikes but aren't overall satisfied with the product...? If I spend €50 on the game and end up dissatisfied, I think I'll feel entitled to be dissatisfied. I might even express that, on the internet! That wouldn't be the equivalent of going on a "Nintendo have abandoned me!!!" rant or whine though...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
What about people with legitimate dislikes but aren't overall satisfied with the product...? If I spend €50 on the game and end up dissatisfied, I think I'll feel entitled to be dissatisfied. I might even express that, on the internet! That wouldn't be the equivalent of going on a "Nintendo have abandoned me!!!" rant or whine though...

Then, assuming I like Zelda Wii (it's statistically likely), we would be in the same position that Helios and I are in concerning Spirit Tracks: respectful disagreement. And.... I guess that's it. Maybe thoughtful dialogue concerning where our tastes or our priorities differ.