Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Are you ready for the fan backlash that will come from Zelda Wii?

Yes. 82 69.49%
 
No. 36 30.51%
 
Total:118
lvader said:
The poll is stupid, it presumes there will be a backlash and asks you if you will be ready for it. This is a Nintendo game, the game will be awsome and any changes will be worth it.

Name one Zelda game - one - in the past ten years that hasn't had some kind of backlash from the fanbase.



Around the Network
Khuutra said:
lvader said:
The poll is stupid, it presumes there will be a backlash and asks you if you will be ready for it. This is a Nintendo game, the game will be awsome and any changes will be worth it.

Name one Zelda game - one - in the past ten years that hasn't had some kind of backlash from the fanbase.


Can I ask a question, too? In response to that? I'm being serious.

 

What game hasn't had backlash that comes from Nintendo? Do 3D Marios and Metriods get less backlash than Zelda games?

 

I know Majora's Mask was just weird to some people, Wind Waker was too easy and tedious at parts, and Twilight Princess was too easy, too linear with a lack of sidequests, a gamecube port for the wii, tacked on sword wii controls and.."no soul", apparently.

 

Edit: No innovation either. Sorry.

 

Difficulty and innovation may be the biggest gripes, I think.



Roar_Of_War said:

Can I ask a question, too? In response to that? I'm being serious.

What game hasn't had backlash that comes from Nintendo? Do 3D Marios and Metriods get less backlash than Zelda games?

I know Majora's Mask was just weird to some people, Wind Waker was too easy and tedious at parts, and Twilight Princess was too easy, too linear with a lack of sidequests, a gamecube port for the wii, tacked on sword wii controls and.."no soul", apparently.

That is a fair question, and I don't know if I have the proper perspective in order to answer it. I'm a lot closer to the Zelda-playing community than others. I think Zelda games tend to get the strongest amount of backlash because the players are so devoted to it, but my perspective is skewed on that front.

All games get some backlash, yes, but Zelda games are special



Khuutra said:
lvader said:
The poll is stupid, it presumes there will be a backlash and asks you if you will be ready for it. This is a Nintendo game, the game will be awsome and any changes will be worth it.

Name one Zelda game - one - in the past ten years that hasn't had some kind of backlash from the fanbase.

You always get a few rants from a very small number of fans, you will get that with any popular series of games. I wouldn't call it a backlash, far from it, the latest Zelda is often hyped up as the best game ever.



Yes, I'm ready for it. In fact, I've been expecting it since 2008. :P This could interesting!



Around the Network

There is a fan backlash for every big game that dares to change something, see FF for example. The thing is, Im sure the game will be great anyway, and that whats matter.



Khuutra said:
Roar_Of_War said:

Can I ask a question, too? In response to that? I'm being serious.

What game hasn't had backlash that comes from Nintendo? Do 3D Marios and Metriods get less backlash than Zelda games?

I know Majora's Mask was just weird to some people, Wind Waker was too easy and tedious at parts, and Twilight Princess was too easy, too linear with a lack of sidequests, a gamecube port for the wii, tacked on sword wii controls and.."no soul", apparently.

That is a fair question, and I don't know if I have the proper perspective in order to answer it. I'm a lot closer to the Zelda-playing community than others. I think Zelda games tend to get the strongest amount of backlash because the players are so devoted to it, but my perspective is skewed on that front.

All games get some backlash, yes, but Zelda games are special


Then what could the series be doing wrong? I wonder what it is that makes a good deal of fans hostile towards the newer, recent games? Difficulty is one of them for sure, which I think was another disappointment that added to the anger for alot of fans with Twilight Princess. Seeing realistic Zelda as easy as Wind Waker must have displeased alot of people. Another was a lack of sidequests and things to do/fight in that huge open field called hyrule, which was mostly due to how big they made the main quest for a gamecube title with limitations. Not including things like controls, or graphics (it was a gamecube title, so its unfair to include preferenced aspects), I think those were the main problems. Right?



Well I've been a big Zelda fan from the beginning.  I've played just about every Zelda game, and loved every single one of them, even when Nintendo tried something weird like The Adventure of Link, which I think is highly underrated.  But with this new Wii game, I don't know, Nintendo lost me.  They dumbed it down too much and casualized it.  Motion+ was nice and all, but I didn't really want to jump all around my living room just to play a Zelda game, and now my Wii's just collecting dust.  I should've sold it since there wasn't a single good game worth owning since Metroid Prime 3, which is my favorite game this generation.





... Yes... I am ready.



I've been playing Shadow of the Colossus and I've realized that the one thing The new Zelda needs more than anything else is a jump button to open the game world up vertically.



darthdevidem01 said:
I am a final fantasy fan, so basically I can handle backlashes to any kind of game

& your a FF12 lover right, I'm sure you can handle any form of a backlash! lol

I don't care I know I'll love zelda wii no matter what!

That's odd.  I didn't dislike FF12 because it was different.  I dislike FF12 because it resembled Baldur's Gate type games, but with inferior gameplay.  In other words, I dislike FF12 because it is not different.