By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT GotY Awards 2009: Game of the Year

theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:
Well deserved MW2, well deserved.

Obviously every PS3 fan will be upset by this and call bullshit. Uncharted 2 can't win everything.

have you played uc2?

Will me not having played the game change the way things turned out? No.

Personally I couldn't be bothered to play UC2 in the least. I despise any type of Third-person-shooter with a passion. I thought Gears of War 2 was garbage, that says enough about my taste in games. I can obviously see that UC2 is a good game, but I just don't care for it.

My personal GoTY would be Batman AA or Borderlands. 

I am not going to argue with you. It will simply be a waste of my time, and yours.

Around the Network

a bollocks winner, UC2 was most impressive game this year.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I don't like the fact that Uncharted 2 didn't get it but oh well. As long as it wasn't a game that I didn't like that got it.

IIXShogunXII said:
theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:

Obviously every PS3 fan will be upset by this and call bullshit. Uncharted 2 can't win everything.

have you played uc2?

Personally I couldn't be bothered to play UC2 in the least. I despise any type of Third-person-shooter with a passion. I thought Gears of War 2 was garbage, that says enough about my taste in games. I can obviously see that UC2 is a good game, but I just don't care for it.

I'm just saying that you can't decide what deserves something more than another if you haven't played it.

I like uc2 better, but then again, I haven't played mw2 story yet. I'm just deciding based on the multiplayer experience.

PS: It's no flaw that ps3 fans would be upset about this. UC2 is a very rare gem of a game.

theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:
theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:

have you played uc2?

I'm just saying that you can't decide what deserves something more than another if you haven't played it.

I like uc2 better, but then again, I haven't played mw2 story yet. I'm just deciding based on the multiplayer experience.

PS: It's no flaw that ps3 fans would be upset about this. UC2 is a very rare gem of a game.

I did never say that MW2 desverves it more than UC2. I simply said that MW2 deserves it in its own right. I never compared the two and never will. I can't judge these games because our opinions mean absolutely nothing on this matter that has already been decided.

PS. MW2 Single player was OK but not that great to be honest.

I am not going to argue with you. It will simply be a waste of my time, and yours.

Around the Network

I'm with Shogun on this.

Everybody's acting (here and especially on GT) like Uncharted 2 was the only decent game released in 2009, which was clearly not the case.

MW2 was an epic game, with one of the best multiplayer modes available, an astounding (but short) singleplayer mode and last but not least an encouraging spec ops mode.

It deserves the prize.

I'm sure it was a close call and that the other games mentioned in the video were very good aswell (hence the term "GOTY nominees")

IIXShogunXII said:
theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:
theprof00 said:
IIXShogunXII said:

have you played uc2?

I did never say that MW2 desverves it more than UC2. I simply said that MW2 deserves it in its own right. I never compared the two and never will. I can't judge these games because our opinions mean absolutely nothing on this matter that has already been decided.

PS. MW2 Single player was OK but not that great to be honest.

then I reluctantly and begrudgingly accept your apology.

jk, I misunderstood you at first. But really UC2 should win it all!!! ;-D

It's bull shit!!! Because how can MW2 win PS3 GOTY... It's rigged. I have played MW2 (Check my trophies) and it was ok - not brilliant!!! It's mainly rehashed shit. It's a Multi-player game with a hacked on single player game. NOT GOTY!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I've pirated MW2, finished singleplayer in 4,5h and than deleted the game along with it's ISO's. I have CoD4 and I really enjoyed it, thought I've enjoyed CoD5 more (Treyarch > Infinity Ward). But MW2 was just a screwed up expansion, with tons of glitches, short and not satysfiing singleplayer (the only part that I've liked was the russia mountain episode), ramped up price from activision pricks.

Uncharted 2 was levels beyond MW2, I'd rather see NSMBWii nominated than Modern Crapfare, hence the best shooter should be Killzone 2, since it atleast brought something new.

/rant rant

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Although I do disagree with the result, I'm not too shocked and MW2 was still a brilliant game...what I don't understand is why GT calls Uncharted 2 unoriginal, while MW2 barely surpasses its predecessor :S

I'm also kinda bummed about the fact that Killzone 2, inFamous, and Demon's Souls didn't get a nomination; they should have at least been recognized in the "Best PS3 Game" category...GT screwed up a bit IMHO.