By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
elmerion said:
Sony doesnt know shit about the expanded market, people dont want a to pet a ugly animal in front of the tv like retard, especially not mums and grandmothers, try changing the pet for a cute dog i you might somewhere but the idea is dull right now

Where's the fun in the generic and already tested route? Good way to make a name for yourself and not have any one saying you're ripping off someone else.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

how much it has sold ?

Its near 300k with OTHERS alone

mM

I want to get EyePet, despite the mediocre reviews it looks like a blast.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

elmerion said:
Sony doesnt know shit about the expanded market, people dont want a to pet a ugly animal in front of the tv like retard, especially not mums and grandmothers, try changing the pet for a cute dog i you might somewhere but the idea is dull right now

I believe YOU "doesnt know shit" about expanded market. The sales of EyePet are against your claim.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
elmerion said:

It isnt only that it is dull after a while.. it also just doesnt work properly. 

And it is the very opposite of a family game.  More than one person trying to interact doesnt work and just causes chaos. 

One plays... the rest watch... and if you are one of the spectators then you better not move too much if you are in camera view either

I don't know what you're talking about kowenicki, It's been working fine for us. It'll be interesting to see how many hours of fun my kids get out of Eyepet. In 3 days it's racked up nearly 6 hours, not bad for effectively $20 (the difference between buying a stand alone PSEye and the Eyepet with camera). Neither is it the opposite of a family game. The opposite of a family game is where evyone other than the player gets totally bored watching the one player play. Like I said it's a hit with the grandmother and mum, do you think that's because they actually play it? No they enjoy watching the kids play and see what they can get the creature to do, and some of the activities can involve everyone. Sure more than one person trying to interact at the same time would cause chaos, but that doesn't mean only one person can be playing, you just have to take turns; a rather revolutionary concept in gaming I guess.

Seems like a few people are doing their best to not like the game by criticising it for something it's not trying to be.

And I have no idea where elmerion is coming from, other than to assume complete hatred for anything Sony and an inexplicable desire for the failure of anything associated with it. My son also has Nintendogs and he rates Eyepet "way better", so if the game is trying to succeed in the same niche then Eyepet is a good entry in that market, and it is achieving moderate success.

It's not even a legitimate comparison to compare real pets with a virtual pet. Pets are not toys for people to play with, playthings to be ignored or switched off when you don't want to play any more. It kinda devalues real pet animals if you suggest people should get a real dog [pet] instead of a virtual pet, as if there was some kind of similarity. That way lies animal cruelty, neglect and abandonment.

Instead of shooting people in front of the TV like a retard try changing for a real gun in the army; yeah that makes about as much sense.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
elmerion said:

It isnt only that it is dull after a while.. it also just doesnt work properly. 

And it is the very opposite of a family game.  More than one person trying to interact doesnt work and just causes chaos. 

One plays... the rest watch... and if you are one of the spectators then you better not move too much if you are in camera view either

I don't know what you're talking about kowenicki, It's been working fine for us. It'll be interesting to see how many hours of fun my kids get out of Eyepet. In 3 days it's racked up nearly 6 hours, not bad for effectively $20 (the difference between buying a stand alone PSEye and the Eyepet with camera). Neither is it the opposite of a family game. The opposite of a family game is where evyone other than the player gets totally bored watching the one player play. Like I said it's a hit with the grandmother and mum, do you think that's because they actually play it? No they enjoy watching the kids play and see what they can get the creature to do, and some of the activities can involve everyone. Sure more than one person trying to interact at the same time would cause chaos, but that doesn't mean only one person can be playing, you just have to take turns; a rather revolutionary concept in gaming I guess.

Seems like a few people are doing their best to not like the game by criticising it for something it's not trying to be.

And I have no idea where elmerion is coming from, other than to assume complete hatred for anything Sony and an inexplicable desire for the failure of anything associated with it. My son also has Nintendogs and he rates Eyepet "way better", so if the game is trying to succeed in the same niche then Eyepet is a good entry in that market, and it is achieving moderate success.

It's not even a legitimate comparison to compare real pets with a virtual pet. Pets are not toys for people to play with, playthings to be ignored or switched off when you don't want to play any more. It kinda devalues real pet animals if you suggest people should get a real dog [pet] instead of a virtual pet, as if there was some kind of similarity. That way lies animal cruelty, neglect and abandonment.

Instead of shooting people in front of the TV like a retard try changing for a real gun in the army; yeah that makes about as much sense.

what you are describing is exactly how it was in my house for the first couple of weeks.... then it got old.... it is limited. 

Interesting. Of course what kind of expectations are you placing on the game? A lot of people buy a full priced game, finish it in a weekend and unless it has online multiplayer it basically doesn't get picked up again. For a game I bought at 1/5th the price of a standard full new release game, to get a couple of weeks fun out of it is pretty well worth it.

It won't have the replay legs of Buzz or Singstar that's for sure. Those are games that just keep on giving and are much the better as a consequence. Singstar is even going to allow us to use the PS3 as a tax break, it's actually going to cost us negative money within a couple of years; now that's value for ya.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

elmerion said:

Fuck no don't make me pet something in front of the tv... with a pen you say? I'M SOLD!

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gotta love the baseless hate this game gets.....oh well.....

OT: I cannot wait for this game to hit the States. I've been one of the more vocal people about this one.

people are allowed to have different tastes.....    I paid money for it and am therefore allowed to share my opinion.

Different tastes is one thing. Posting in absolute, particularly when comparing real pets to a virtual one, is another.

Amen.

All that matters is, it is selling well... Really well

AND, it's getting PS Eye's into homes!