By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eyepet is a hit

with the kids, which means it's a hit with the mums and grandmothers (Oh how cute, how darling etc, etc). Gave it to my son for his birthday yesterday and he loves it. It's cute and has fun little challenges and plenty of stuff to muck around with. And trophies provide that little bit extra re-play incentive. Some of the challenges look really hard to get the gold medal on. Well worth paying the price for the game pluys PSEye.

It does give a bit of a look at what the Wand will be able to do. Eyepet comes with a "magic card" which is basically like the wand in that the game recognised the card and precisely tracks the movement. The precision is very impressive, it really is 1:1 and there is absolutley no detectable lag, to me.

I do worry somewhat at the fuzzy focus of the real world on screen. It could just be the game, but to me the Eyetoy on PS2 gave a better picture quality. I use the PS2 Eyetoy as a webcam on my PC and it gives a pretty sharp image. The image quality didn't seem to cause any problems with the face recognition function though. But it's pretty easy to do basic face recognition I imagine.

Anyway, I'm pleased with this purchase, the game definitely deserves a look for anyone with kids younger than 13. And it also deserves a look for anyone over 13 who is a trophy hound.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Do they sell a version without the camera?

PSN - hanafuda

It was featured as a must have for kids this x-mas on TV here. I'll probably buy it for when my nephews come over they'd have a ball with it.

i can't find the game anywhere in my video game store lol

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I would take 8 days above it though...

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
Do they sell a version without the camera?

Yes

r u in America? Because currently this is a Europe exclusive!!!! It's actualy really fun but its not a game you will put a lot of time into i only use it when i am bored!!! so remember this is a PS3 exclusive and currently a Europe exclusive!!!!!!!!!

I have just bought it for me nephews as a christmas gift. I love to play with them but only the oldest one (6 years old) can actually play "real"games (platformers etc). I hope they can all enjoy this one.

And now I have a camera so I might try other games, maybe the eye of judgement, or, who knows, some game with this gem/arc/wand/sphere thing in 2010 ^_^

It's not worth the effort.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Sony doesnt know shit about the expanded market, people dont want a to pet a ugly animal in front of the tv like retard, especially not mums and grandmothers, try changing the pet for a cute dog i you might somewhere but the idea is dull right now

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!