By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:
All that matters is, it is selling well... Really well

AND, it's getting PS Eye's into homes!

Once again, how is that a good thing?

Sony's GEM requires PS Eye. How is getting more Eyes in homes a bad thing?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

Il answer both, as i dont know what one you are talking about.

Selling well - Because it's selling well.

PS Eyes - Every PS Eye owner is a potential PS Wand buyer.

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

A better question: how is it a bad thing?

Eight Days got cancelled for this. Good sales send the message that it was the right thing to do. What do you think Sony will do? You better be prepared to kiss your hardcore games goodbye and get hyped for Motion Party 2, 3 and 4.

@Carl: Why would you want the wand to succeed? What good would it do for you?

Doesn't matter to me if it succeed's... I probably wont be getting one unless there is a big must have game that i like what NEEDS it.

That, and there could be some big HD Star Wars game with 1:1 Lightsaber fights. Which i would boner for.

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

A better question: how is it a bad thing?

Eight Days got cancelled for this. Good sales send the message that it was the right thing to do. What do you think Sony will do? You better be prepared to kiss your hardcore games goodbye and get hyped for Motion Party 2, 3 and 4.

@Carl: Why would you want the wand to succeed? What good would it do for you?

Errmmm.....first of all, Eight Days was postponed, not cancelled. Also, why would "hardcore" games go away because of the success of one franchise? If you've been paying attention, Sony doesn't do one type of game, but many.

Sony immediately works on sequels if something works, just look at the neverending stream of Singstar and Buzz games. Then there's the cost factor. A game like EyePet is much, much cheaper to develop than something like Uncharted 2 and therefore it's far more profitable. Why should Sony keep making titles like Killzone, if they are far more successful with those simple games?

yep. look at nintendo. once wii fit sells 20 mil, you can kiss zelda and metroid goodbye.

I've platinumed the game, and my monkey thing whom I named Chronos is an adorable little bastard, having said that the game is fairly responsive except for a couple of mini game such as the fucking planting the flowers one and the singing one, but of course this is aimed at kids so to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if this is a hit with them...feels allot like a tamagochi XD

Around the Network
WBoutros said:
elmerion said:
Sony doesnt know shit about the expanded market, people dont want a to pet a ugly animal in front of the tv like retard, especially not mums and grandmothers, try changing the pet for a cute dog i you might somewhere but the idea is dull right now

I believe YOU "doesnt know shit" about expanded market. The sales of EyePet are against your claim.

According to the chart it has sold 0.26 m since october with steady 30k weekly legs, the last time i knew that wasnt a big deal for what seems to be Sony biggest attempt to expand their market before sony wand, it has potential to reach 2kk or 3kk but... the expanded market is huge if they expected to move hardware with EyePet, then 3m is nothing, lets compare it to Nintendogs, that was a big hardware moving title, i think most of the people who got the DS phat were thrilled by that game, and as a result the game has sold 23:28m and its probably still selling

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

elmerion said:
WBoutros said:
elmerion said:
Sony doesnt know shit about the expanded market, people dont want a to pet a ugly animal in front of the tv like retard, especially not mums and grandmothers, try changing the pet for a cute dog i you might somewhere but the idea is dull right now

I believe YOU "doesnt know shit" about expanded market. The sales of EyePet are against your claim.

According to the chart it has sold 0.26 m since october with steady 30k weekly legs, the last time i knew that wasnt a big deal for what seems to be Sony biggest attempt to expand their market before sony wand, it has potential to reach 2kk or 3kk but... the expanded market is huge if they expected to move hardware with EyePet, then 3m is nothing, lets compare it to Nintendogs, that was a big hardware moving title, i think most of the people who got the DS phat were thrilled by that game, and as a result the game has sold 23:28m and its probably still selling

It's a new IP, in a single region, that requires a camera to play, on the least "casual" console on the market with minimal marketting.

Also, it's lowest sales week... Was it's opening week.

Just because it's not selling as well as some Ninty stuff, doesn't mean it's not selling well.

Those are excuses, Nintendogs was a new IP for a new console, the DS wasnt even labeled as an expanded market console yet, the fact is the game itself fails to bring the PS3 to the ideal position Sony wants

This is what i think, Sony wants to get more gamers to their console, and when i say gamers you might want me to call them casuals whatever... the way Sony thinks they can get the "casuals" into their console is pretty simple, do the same thing the DS did in 2005 (i think) but with better graphics and physics, the problem is Nintendogs is seen by Sony as a retarded game based on a silly touch screen gimmick, and they translate what they see into their game, thats what i see in that game, i admit i havent played it, but thats what i see, an unchalleging game, that spins around a cute pet and a cam gimmik (nothing against it, its a overall a great game)

Now.. now.. i have to clarify some things.. i dont hate either Sony or that game, its a big step for Sony to even try to do such a game, wheter its good, succesful or not, the game itselfs looks pretty neat and the camera seems to be working fine

elmerion said:
Those are excuses, Nintendogs was a new IP for a new console, the DS wasnt even labeled as an expanded market console yet, the fact is the game itself fails to bring the PS3 to the ideal position Sony wants

This is what i think, Sony wants to get more gamers to their console, and when i say gamers you might want me to call them casuals whatever... the way Sony thinks they can get the "casuals" into their console is pretty simple, do the same thing the DS did in 2005 (i think) but with better graphics and physics, the problem is Nintendogs is seen by Sony as a retarded game based on a silly touch screen gimmick, and they translate what they see into their game, thats what i see in that game, i admit i havent played it, but thats what i see, an unchalleging game, that spins around a cute pet and a cam gimmik (nothing against it, its a overall a great game)

Now.. now.. i have to clarify some things.. i dont hate either Sony or that game, its a big step for Sony to even try to do such a game, wheter its good, succesful or not, the game itselfs looks pretty neat and the camera seems to be working fine

We don't know the "ideal position Sony wants" though. All we know is, it is selling decently, and getting the PS Eye into homes.

Which i think, is the ultimate goal for it.

Agreed

Right now Sony is growing steadily i can picture it "defeating" the X360 in 2010 deppending of the succes of the Wand and the Natal, so the next target is to face Nintendo, how? targeting the expanded market, with new game experiences, basically they have to get to fight with Nintendo in the same ground