By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No sir, im talking like Sony was in a distant third from Nintendo struggling to get back to their golden ps2 era

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

phenom08 said:
cgi admit it those are just excuses, sony has been trying their best to catch the wii, thats why they take so many jabs at the wii, Modnations is just a rip-off of mario-kart, LBP just a rip-off of super mario, and eyepet is just a nintendogs rip-off; don't act like sony's intentions aren't on taking down the wii

I believe Sony's intentions right now, are to be profitable... And overtake the nearest competitor.

You can't create your own tracks in Mario Kart.

You can't create your own levels in Mario.

Nintendogs is a ripoff of a Tamagotchi.

Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
cgi admit it those are just excuses, sony has been trying their best to catch the wii, thats why they take so many jabs at the wii, Modnations is just a rip-off of mario-kart, LBP just a rip-off of super mario, and eyepet is just a nintendogs rip-off; don't act like sony's intentions aren't on taking down the wii

I believe Sony's intentions right now, are to be profitable... And overtake the nearest competitor.

I don't know what happened to my post, but im just saying those games are just responses to what nintendo has already done and now sony whats to steal some off that thunder, by making their own rip-offs and nintendo didn't rip anything off they just made virtual pets more popular.

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

I don't know what happened to my post, but im just saying those games are just responses to what nintendo has already done and now sony whats to steal some off that thunder, by making their own rip-offs and nintendo didn't rip anything off they just made virtual pets more popular.

Everything is a response to something. It's just some times, the response is greater (in quality) than the first product. Kinda like how LBP > NSMB. And how Mod Nation is likely going to be better than MK. And how Nintendog's is better than a Tamagotchi.

Oh, and there have been over 70 million Tamagotchi's sold worldwide... More than triple the number of Nintendogs. Tamagotchi's are way more popular than Nintendogs.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Everything is a response to something. It's just some times, the response is greater (in quality) than the first product. Kinda like how LBP > NSMB. And how Mod Nation is likely going to be better than MK. And how Nintendog's is better than a Tamagotchi.

Oh, and there have been over 70 million Tamagotchi's sold worldwide... More than triple the number of Nintendogs. Tamagotchi's are way more popular than Nintendogs.

LBP is not better than NSMB and Mod Nation is not better than MK. If what ur saying was true than sales would show it; I don't want to hear how then wii fit is better than uncharted because they are two different genres. You don't compare Michael Jordan to Peyton Manning do you, so don't compare wii sports to halo.

even in the same genre, quality doesn't mean better sales...

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

LBP is not better than NSMB and Mod Nation is not better than MK. If what ur saying was true than sales would show it; I don't want to hear how then wii fit is better than uncharted because they are two different genres. You don't compare Michael Jordan to Peyton Manning do you, so don't compare wii sports to halo.

Sales do not equal quality. If so, Uncharted 2 would have sold 50 million copies within a week. Modern Warfare 2 would have sold 100k in a week.

Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Sales do not equal quality. If so, Uncharted 2 would have sold 50 million copies within a week. Modern Warfare 2 would have sold 100k in a week.

Thats what you say, but personally uncharted 2 for me was horrible and modern warfare 2 was better, but again these are all opinions; and i believe we use sales to decide everything else so why not games. In the US we use votes(more or less sales) to decide who our president is and the greatest band on the planet are the Beatles(they have also sold the most albums).

I think i might make a thread on how sales are the only way we can prove which is better, within its genre that is. How do you make a thread cgi. Im not trying to become an enemy by the way i just have different opinions and i also respect ur opinion.