By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
phenom08 said:
I think i might make a thread on how sales are the only way we can prove which is better, within its genre that is. How do you make a thread cgi. Im not trying to become an enemy by the way i just have different opinions and i also respect ur opinion.

Sales? It is generally accepted... okay, conclusively accepted that reviews are a better indication than sales when it comes to a games quality. I don't know what planet you live on, but they sure as hell must play alot of Tamagotchi there, no?

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
cgi admit it those are just excuses, sony has been trying their best to catch the wii, thats why they take so many jabs at the wii, Modnations is just a rip-off of mario-kart, LBP just a rip-off of super mario, and eyepet is just a nintendogs rip-off; don't act like sony's intentions aren't on taking down the wii

I believe Sony's intentions right now, are to be profitable... And overtake the nearest competitor.

You can't create your own tracks in Mario Kart.

You can't create your own levels in Mario.

Nintendogs is a ripoff of a Tamagotchi.

I don't know what happened to my post, but im just saying those games are just responses to what nintendo has already done and now sony whats to steal some off that thunder, by making their own rip-offs and nintendo didn't rip anything off they just made virtual pets more popular.

Everything is a response to something. It's just some times, the response is greater (in quality) than the first product. Kinda like how LBP > NSMB. And how Mod Nation is likely going to be better than MK. And how Nintendog's is better than a Tamagotchi.

Oh, and there have been over 70 million Tamagotchi's sold worldwide... More than triple the number of Nintendogs. Tamagotchi's are way more popular than Nintendogs.

LBP is not better than NSMB and Mod Nation is not better than MK. If what ur saying was true than sales would show it; I don't want to hear how then wii fit is better than uncharted because they are two different genres. You don't compare Michael Jordan to Peyton Manning do you, so don't compare wii sports to halo.

Sales do not equal quality. If so, Uncharted 2 would have sold 50 million copies within a week. Modern Warfare 2 would have sold 100k in a week.

Thats what you say, but personally uncharted 2 for me was horrible and modern warfare 2 was better, but again these are all opinions; and i believe we use sales to decide everything else so why not games. In the US we use votes(more or less sales) to decide who our president is and the greatest band on the planet are the Beatles(they have also sold the most albums).

Yeap. Transformers revenge of the fallen is so much better than There will be blood or fargo or No country for old men. Good point

patapon said:
phenom08 said:
I think i might make a thread on how sales are the only way we can prove which is better, within its genre that is. How do you make a thread cgi. Im not trying to become an enemy by the way i just have different opinions and i also respect ur opinion.

Sales? It is generally accepted... okay, conclusively accepted that reviews are a better indication than sales when it comes to a games quality. I don't know what planet you live on, but they sure as hell must play alot of Tamagotchi there, no?

you completely made that up in your fantasy world but in my world popularity is what usually decides what's number one

examples

Michael Jackson is the king of pop also the highest selling pop artist

The Beatles are the greatest rock band on the planet also the highest selling rock band

Votes is how we (United States) decide who our political figures are, thats an awful lot of responsibility to put on popularity

Mcdonald's the number one fast food restaurant on the planet also has the most sales

The ps2 is considered the winner of last generation also had the most sales

i don't know about u but i see a trend, can u atleast give me an example of where we use reviews to decide what is better or is that just the fanboy in you speaking

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
cgi admit it those are just excuses, sony has been trying their best to catch the wii, thats why they take so many jabs at the wii, Modnations is just a rip-off of mario-kart, LBP just a rip-off of super mario, and eyepet is just a nintendogs rip-off; don't act like sony's intentions aren't on taking down the wii

I believe Sony's intentions right now, are to be profitable... And overtake the nearest competitor.

I don't know what happened to my post, but im just saying those games are just responses to what nintendo has already done and now sony whats to steal some off that thunder, by making their own rip-offs and nintendo didn't rip anything off they just made virtual pets more popular.

Everything is a response to something. It's just some times, the response is greater (in quality) than the first product. Kinda like how LBP > NSMB. And how Mod Nation is likely going to be better than MK. And how Nintendog's is better than a Tamagotchi.

Oh, and there have been over 70 million Tamagotchi's sold worldwide... More than triple the number of Nintendogs. Tamagotchi's are way more popular than Nintendogs.

LBP is not better than NSMB and Mod Nation is not better than MK. If what ur saying was true than sales would show it; I don't want to hear how then wii fit is better than uncharted because they are two different genres. You don't compare Michael Jordan to Peyton Manning do you, so don't compare wii sports to halo.

Sales do not equal quality. If so, Uncharted 2 would have sold 50 million copies within a week. Modern Warfare 2 would have sold 100k in a week.

Thats what you say, but personally uncharted 2 for me was horrible and modern warfare 2 was better, but again these are all opinions; and i believe we use sales to decide everything else so why not games. In the US we use votes(more or less sales) to decide who our president is and the greatest band on the planet are the Beatles(they have also sold the most albums).

Mega lawl. One of the best reviewed games (and for a while, THE best reviewed game) ever is "horrible." Yep, there goes your credibility.

steverhcp02 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Yeap. Transformers revenge of the fallen is so much better than There will be blood or fargo or No country for old men. Good point

try to pay attention next time, i said within genre, i know some genres are more popular than others, and i liked transformers better

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Mega lawl. One of the best reviewed games (and for a while, THE best reviewed game) ever is "horrible." Yep, there goes your credibility.

im sorry but video games aren't my life so i don't care to have credibility and uncharted to me was just another dumb action adventure game to me, i obviously don't like third person action adventure games

RolStoppable said:
tedsteriscool said:
phenom08 said:

So everyone who says that GTA IV sucked compared to the previous games loses his credibility instantly?

GTA IV was different...Stop trying so hard.

Uncharted 2:

Metascore: 96

User Score: 9.4

GTA 4:

Metascore: 98

User Score: 7.4

You people just hit the point, quality according to Sony, you and the Game Industry doesnt exactly match the definition of quality of people, for me and for a great amount of the wii users, quality means arcade gameplay, lots of content, multiplayer fun, for the PS3 users it means a bunch of cutscenes, great graphics, great music, and great production values overall

New Super Mario Bros Wii is the best game ive played since... what? Super Mario World (lol), but according to many people its just a low quality game doing the same thing Nintendo has already done , the truth is the customer is what matters at the end, and Nintendo is taking care of way more customers than Sony right now, prove of that? Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Nintendogs, NSMB saying the customer is wrong is the most stupid thing you can possibly think about

Concerning the Tamagotchi-Nintendogs relation, the Tamagotchis have existed for a very long time now, they considerably cheap, and... they break pretty easily, my sister had 3 or 2 when she was a kid its no wonder they outsell Nintendogs 3-1

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

RolStoppable said:
tedsteriscool said:
phenom08 said:

So everyone who says that GTA IV sucked compared to the previous games loses his credibility instantly?

thanks for pointing  that out roll, but unlike uncharted, gta  actually sold well, so atleast it  has something to brag about, while hes left making excuses for why uncharted flopped so hard, and yes i believe a game that was reviewed so well that can't even reach 5 million is a flop

Basing your opinions on reviews opinion, makes you lose your credibility, Famitsu has rated 4 games this year as Master Pieces, and IGN rated Modern Warfare 2 as it was Jesus Christ coming again, and yet NSMB got barely a 8.9 because it was another Mario Game, it was the "easy" way for Nintendo, i wonder why cant they say the same thing about Call of Duty what? 6 or 7 cant remember now, are we counting the portable versions too?

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!