By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not finding much success with latest Wii games

SaviorX said:
wfz said:
Rabbids Go Home is out? What the hell? Since when?

I had interest in this game too and yet I heard and saw no promotion or talk about it.

When the hell did it come out. >_>

LOL 3 weeks ago, November 3rd.

Advertising in America was nonexistant, like noname2200 said.

Damn, I didn't know it was out either....

Around the Network

All I wanna know is..... did anybody actually read the entire original post?

So I guess I'm the first one to say it.

Wii Ubisoft boycott worked?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Just give me Rayman 4 Ubi. That's all I want, and that's all you're likely good for on the platform.

averyblund said:
bazmeistergen said:

Perhaps Ubisoft will do better with the 'unpredictable' Wii market this quarter with Rabbids and Shaun White. They are better than the games in the last quarter. Still not going to buy another iteration of the snowboarder; it's just too similar. I see Rabbids is at 130,000 already. Now they have started to advertise it will probably continue to grow.

Personally I would have considered SW, because I loved the first. But the reviews pretty much all said it was basically an expansion pack. That makes sences considereing it only became clear the game was a (Wii) hit less than a year ago. Thats just not enough development time for a quality title. If Ubi thinks my $50 is worth a rushjob with little new content, than I think Ubi doesn't deserve my $50. Perhaps somebody could translate rushjob into French so those tools can understand it. Rabbids Go Home on the other hand is brilliant production full of humor and innovative gameplay. So yeah Ubi is a bunch of douchebags with a few talented people working for them. 

I'm totally with you on this brother!!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
FonzGemini said:
All I wanna know is..... did anybody actually read the entire original post?

Pretty much. Why?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
So I guess I'm the first one to say it.

Wii Ubisoft boycott worked?

It just might have haha

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Let's see what are the issues here:

Ubisoft hasn't released a noteable game on Wii this year except Rabbids Go Home (which isn't included in this period), so it's no surprise.

Ubisoft keeps releasing more of the same on a system based on innovation. Why should anyone get Shaun White World Tour if they have the original? Why should anyone buy TNMT if they have SSB Brawl? Why should anyone get Price is Right 10 if they have PiR 09? Wii owners crave new play experiences, that's why they bought a Wii.

Ubisoft's casual games are now lost in the sea of casual titles on Wii. It's a very real problem as Wii has had a lot more titles released than either 360 or PS3. Store shelves are crammed so packed with so many titles many are only shown book style (not the cover) and the casual consumers dollars are now too spread out. Only a well known and well made series can expect substancial success. Plus the avg selling price has dropped waaaaayyyy down. Where in '07 you had to pay $50-60 even for games like Kororinpa Marble Madness (2 hrs) or Alien Sydrome (crap PSP port) now games like Indiana Jones and Spyborgs are down to $15-20 within weeks of release. Of course profit from Wii games in down!! Personally, I rarely pay more than $30 for any Wii game now.

First EA, now Ubisoft. That must be divine justice. What is next? Activision?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

averyblund said:
I love Rabbids Go Home and Tenuchu Wii was an awesome winter release. But with that said fuck you Ubi. Despite being a little kinder to the Wii than some publishers, they have still been more than happy to flood the platform with shitty ports and broken mini-games. If they can't make money selling cheap ports on essentially upgraded GC HW they are retarded. I have been following the PSP charts lately and these games are lucky to sell 25K LIFETIME. Yet people still make games for that console without bitching. It blows my mind that anything but a AAA Wii game needs more than a few hundred thousand to break even. They certainly arnt using that money on advertising.

Another thing to point out is that Rabbids go home is likely to outsell Dead Space on either console and possibly both. How in the hell isn't that not a huge profit?

I wish these assholes would go 100% HD for a year and see what happens. Oh yeah they would crash and burn even faster than they already are.

Yes, but it was not included in this report.  The date of the report ends on the last day of September.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)