By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not finding much success with latest Wii games

Terrible news, now Rabbids in Outerspace will be a PS3 exclusive.

Around the Network

"The reason why Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. sell is because they're quality."

They don't get that. They think just because they don't like them, that takes away the quality.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Paul said:
Terrible news, now Rabbids in Outerspace will be a PS3 exclusive.

This actually doesn't include Rabbids Go Home. The report is for April through September.

Number of games sold:

April: 690,425
May: 439,382
June: 386,547
July: 394,511
August: 296,745
September: 367,952

Total sales for this time frame: 2,575,562

Total sales for the life of these games up to the end of September: 16,738,783

It seems to me, the problem is that Ubisoft's games are just getting old. The legs of their best selling games are starting to dry up and there is nothing to replace it. They did not have a single big release during this time frame, and some months didn't have any releases at all (or they didn't make the chart).

Their top sellers by far were My Fitness Coach and Gold's Gym: Cardio Workout. After that RRR: TV Party and Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip were the next best selling games.

The problem? By the end of September all those games were over 44 weeks old. That means Ubisoft hasn't released anything big on the Wii in almost a year. That is their fault, not Wii gamers, not the Wii, and not Nintendo.

So what were the games Ubisoft released on the Wii during this time frame?

Dawn of Discovery (June 2009)
Summer Sports 2: Island Sports Party (July 2009)
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (September 2009)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up (September 2009)
Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (September 2009)
Price is Right: 2010 Edition, The (September 2009)
Family Feud: 2010 Edition (September 2009)

Did they really expect these games to take off? Or did they expect the legs of their existing games to hold up better? It is possible they were expecting more out of the TMNT game, but for this report, the game had only been out for ONE WEEK.

Would Ubisoft complain about the sales of their HD games if their lineup had been this empty? Somehow, I think not.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

This almost seems to be a repeat of what Ubisoft is seeing on the DS.

Step 1 -- Release the same game (same type of game) over and over and over again.
Step 2 -- Complain when people don't/stop buying it.

Mike from Morgantown

Who bought Rabbids Go Home and Vacation Games but resisted Tenchu.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

It's the "less predictable market" that shows the problem. They don't get the Wii market, so just try to claim it's unpredictable. It also conversely shows they think of the HD players as sheep.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

theRepublic said:
This actually doesn't include Rabbids Go Home. The report is for April through September.

Number of games sold:

April: 690,425
May: 439,382
June: 386,547
July: 394,511
August: 296,745
September: 367,952

Total sales for this time frame: 2,575,562

Total sales for the life of these games up to the end of September: 16,738,783

It seems to me, the problem is that Ubisoft's games are just getting old. The legs of their best selling games are starting to dry up and there is nothing to replace it. They did not have a single big release during this time frame, and some months didn't have any releases at all (or they didn't make the chart).

Their top sellers by far were My Fitness Coach and Gold's Gym: Cardio Workout. After that RRR: TV Party and Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip were the next best selling games.

The problem? By the end of September all those games were over 44 weeks old. That means Ubisoft hasn't released anything big on the Wii in almost a year. That is their fault, not Wii gamers, not the Wii, and not Nintendo.

So what were the games Ubisoft released on the Wii during this time frame?

Dawn of Discovery (June 2009)
Summer Sports 2: Island Sports Party (July 2009)
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (September 2009)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up (September 2009)
Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (September 2009)
Price is Right: 2010 Edition, The (September 2009)
Family Feud: 2010 Edition (September 2009)

Did they really expect these games to take off? Or did they expect the legs of their existing games to hold up better? It is possible they were expecting more out of the TMNT game, but for this report, the game had only been out for ONE WEEK.

Would Ubisoft complain about the sales of their HD games if their lineup had been this empty? Somehow, I think not.

*Claps hands*

Bravo to you sir, I'm archiving this.

I always wanted to do this:.................

/thread

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

As for Rabbids, it does have legs, but with marketing, it would be selling at higher legs.

LordTheNightKnight said:
It's the "less predictable market" that shows the problem. They don't get the Wii market, so just try to claim it's unpredictable. It also conversely shows they think of the HD players as sheep.

Lol

@SaviorX

Thanks

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Just to add, Rabbids was pulled from the shops to be repackaged as a '12' due to someone discovering the line 'stop pissing off my dog' within the game. It has also just started receiving some decent advertising in the UK. I imagine it will be another reasonable success. Its a good game, fun and worth at least a rent.

Shaun White is the same game again, why would I buy another one?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.